Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Divx 7 Web player Problems...

24 Aug 2009   #1
Windows 10

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Divx 7 Web player Problems...

Ok so,

I installed windows 7 with no problems, It was fast and easy. Everything works, all my drivers are updated, all my old programs work. The problem I have is trying to watch AVI files on the internet(or downloaded). They playin nice quality until I hit full screen. Once I do this the sound goes out, the video gets choppy and loses quality. Flash videos play fine in full screen, I have not tried DVDs yet.

I'm using a (sad) Geforce FX 5500.
AMD 3.2 processor
RAM is 1.25GB


Any ideas? Maybe I need some upgrades.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Aug 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows 10 View Post
Ok so,

I installed windows 7 with no problems, It was fast and easy. Everything works, all my drivers are updated, all my old programs work. The problem I have is trying to watch AVI files on the internet(or downloaded). They playin nice quality until I hit full screen. Once I do this the sound goes out, the video gets choppy and loses quality. Flash videos play fine in full screen, I have not tried DVDs yet.

I'm using a (sad) Geforce FX 5500.
AMD 3.2 processor
RAM is 1.25GB


Any ideas? Maybe I need some upgrades.
You probably have 3 issues. Ram is limited, div-x as player, and your video card. Did you use this card in another OS with dix-x?
When you go full screen it probably maxes out the video card causing stutter, and ram is also max'ed.

Could you run task manager and see how much ram is being used while div-x is running. You could also try a different player like VLC. and the specs on the 5500 would help us as well

thanks

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #3
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

The problem is your lack of Ram .. Both Video and System ... both are at the minimum requirements for Windows 7. Watching an AVI file in a reduced mode, you may get by, but you cant expect to go full screen on your 24inch monitor, and expect the same performance with your current system specs. System ram is dirt cheap, so max it out... consider replacing your video card for the max amount of ram you can afford...

Good Luck...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Aug 2009   #4
Windows 10

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
You probably have 3 issues. Ram is limited, div-x as player, and your video card. Did you use this card in another OS with dix-x?
When you go full screen it probably maxes out the video card causing stutter, and ram is also max'ed.

Could you run task manager and see how much ram is being used while div-x is running. You could also try a different player like VLC. and the specs on the 5500 would help us as well

thanks

Ken
I have K-lite downloaded. I use divx only because that is what the web site I watch movies on uses. This 5500 worked perfect with windows XP using the same website and watching the same videos. Even with more processes running.

Without divx playing:

memory 523 MB, CPU usage 3%, Physical memory 38%

with divx: all same, CPU usage 85%

with divx full screen: all same CPU usage 100%

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
The problem is your lack of Ram .. Both Video and System ... both are at the minimum requirements for Windows 7. Watching an AVI file in a reduced mode, you may get by, but you cant expect to go full screen on your 24inch monitor, and expect the same performance with your current system specs. System ram is dirt cheap, so max it out... consider replacing your video card for the max amount of ram you can afford...

Good Luck...
Ok so just max out my RAM and that should work?

You're talking about the slim sticks you put into your mother board? Sorry I'm not to computer savvy. Also what do you mean by "reduced mode"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #5
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Yes, those thin doohickies .. be sure you seat them tightly or they...well... have a shop install them to be on the safe side ... smaller than full screen ... and I still recommend upgrading your video card.. running a minimum spec card is just asking for problems later down the road...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2009   #6
soulsick

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Hi,
I noticed a similar problem when watching movies with the divx web player. Whenever i switch to full screen, 1 of my 2 cpu cores is fully used by my browser (firefox). So i guess, there is a problem with the divx web player.
I wasn't able to solve that issue yet, but i got a workaround. Open the video you want to watch with the divx web player, as soon as the video starts press the pause button. This step is necessary to start the download progress of the video.
Then navigate to this folder: C:\Users\soulsick\Videos\DivX Movies\Temporary Downloaded Files (of course u have to replace "soulsick" with your username). You will find a file with .part extension there. Open that file with vlc player (VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player) and enjoy.
I know its a somewhat dirty workaround , but it works. Hopefully there will be a browser plugin soon, that doesn't eat all our cpu power.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Divx 7 Web player Problems...




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Media Player 12 PROBLEMS
Why won't Windows Media Player 12 open to full screen by default? Is there any way (perferably without the use of third party software) to force windows media player to 1.) open maximized, regardless of whether I open up ANY mp3 file or movie file? THAT'S ALL I WANT from Windows Media...
Music, Pictures & Video
DivX Web Player
I just attempted to play a movie online, but the viewer window just displays a black screen with a VLC icon in the middle of it. Apparently, it requires using the DivX player rather than VLC. I downloaded and installed the player, but that changed nothing. I checked the movie file itself, which...
Music, Pictures & Video
Problems with EVERY media player I try!
I'm trying out different media players for watching my movies on my PC, and so far I am running into "issues" with every one I've tried. VLC 1.1.11: Audio dropouts every 10 - 30 seconds on both .mkv and .mp4 files. DivX Plus 8.1.3: Won't play about half of my .mkv files... works fine on the...
Music, Pictures & Video
Windows Media Player 12 problems
Hi! Wells ive had my computer for a while now - about 6 months. For until like a month ago my Media Player was working fine, then all the sudden it decided to not add the songs i played into the music list (im sorry if this seems confusing but i dont have an english version). Ive tried diffrent...
Media Center
divx plus player
Im stuck !!This work fine on my windows 7 64 bit yestrday now when i double click icon it does not run,it does,nt even show in task manager processes! I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but no avail! Need help people !!!thanks I have googled it and found i am not alone with it not working...
Software
have had DivX problems
on a previous laptop ( dell inspiron ) the DivX software was so hard to use that it caused big problems with loading a movie or watching one ( I did have to go back to a previous version or older version of DivX because the most recent updated one was not working out )and I was wondering if anyone...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App