Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need Help for Graphic Card Installation

16 Apr 2012   #1
sk0t0s

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Need Help for Graphic Card Installation

Hey guys, Im currently having a problem installing my other NVIDIA GeForce (I forgot the number but it is 1gig). I intalled the driver for this Graphic Card but after installation and restarting my PC. It will froze in loading screen.

anyone can help me? here's my specs(currently using NVIDIA also but 512mb only)

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x86
CPU: Intel (R) Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20 GHz
Motherboard: HP Compaq DX7400 Microtower
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Apr 2012   #2
James7679

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

We need the exact model #s for the video card you have installed and the one you are trying to install.

Also, are you trying to run these cards in SLI, or just have two GPUs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #3
Influx

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / WCP x64 / Ubuntu 11 x64
 
 

Run in Safe Mode (with networking) and update your Graphics Driver to the latest version. You might have installed a faulty/old driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Apr 2012   #4
sk0t0s

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by James7679 View Post
We need the exact model #s for the video card you have installed and the one you are trying to install.

Also, are you trying to run these cards in SLI, or just have two GPUs?
im currently using NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS(512mb). I want to remove this and install my other NVIDIA Graphic Card which is 1gig. I already tried to install it. the installation seem fine but after the restart it froze in loading screen. thats why I returned the old NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.

im currently in the office right now. im going out in a bit. so i will post the model number of the graphic card im trying to install as soon as i arrive in my home.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #5
sk0t0s

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Influx View Post
Run in Safe Mode (with networking) and update your Graphics Driver to the latest version. You might have installed a faulty/old driver.
actually i already tried both... the first installation was from the cd installer then it failed same problem froze in loading screen.

i remove that driver and run automatic driver installation through internet. after downloading and installing i still having the same problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #6
James7679

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by timbog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by James7679 View Post
We need the exact model #s for the video card you have installed and the one you are trying to install.

Also, are you trying to run these cards in SLI, or just have two GPUs?
im currently using NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS(512mb). I want to remove this and install my other NVIDIA Graphic Card which is 1gig. I already tried to install it. the installation seem fine but after the restart it froze in loading screen. thats why I returned the old NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS.

im currently in the office right now. im going out in a bit. so i will post the model number of the graphic card im trying to install as soon as i arrive in my home.
Which loading screen? The post screen? Or the windows splash screen?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #7
sk0t0s

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by James7679 View Post
Which loading screen? The post screen? Or the windows splash screen?
windows splash screen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #8
Influx

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / WCP x64 / Ubuntu 11 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by timbog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Influx View Post
Run in Safe Mode (with networking) and update your Graphics Driver to the latest version. You might have installed a faulty/old driver.
actually i already tried both... the first installation was from the cd installer then it failed same problem froze in loading screen.

i remove that driver and run automatic driver installation through internet. after downloading and installing i still having the same problem.

Automatic Driver Installation?
To ensure driver installation is appropriate, please download and install this driver through safe mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #9
sk0t0s

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Influx View Post
Automatic Driver Installation?
To ensure driver installation is appropriate, please download and install this driver through safe mode.
I mean through Device Manager.

Im gonna post the exact model number of NVIDIA later after i got home.


going home
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2012   #10
James7679

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Do what Ken said. What you are experiencing is a driver failure, probably because you are downloading the wrong driver. There are other possibilities, but do what Ken has suggested first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need Help for Graphic Card Installation




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer freezes after installation of a new graphic card.
Bought a new a new Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card and installed it into my pc. Also changed my PSU FROM 350W TO 450W. Installed the latest drivers. Now, the problem started with BSOD first. Right after 15 minutes of starting up my pc, BSOD appears. Later I uninstalled...
Graphic Cards
graphic driver can't detect graphic card
Hi, i'm running window 7 32-bit OS. My graphic card is (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics) My problem is that after i went to www.amd.com, downloaded,uninstall the old catalyst and installed a new catalyst which matches my OS and yet i got this message whenever i tried to run that catalyst. "No AMD...
Drivers
Is there existing external graphic card or video card for laptaps
Is there existing external graphic card or video card for integrated laptops ?? or other suggetions ^^ it would be a great help for me hihi:cool:
Graphic Cards
Ati firepro graphic card driver installation problems
Hi, I have been having problems installing any ATI software. I believe I have the correct driver ATI Firepro 8.85.7.1 for Windows 7 64 Bit. The install processes correctly and report log is a success. The program appears in the Add/Remove programs panel. However, there is no entry in the...
Graphic Cards
Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help!
First of all: I don't know too much about computers, so use easy language please. I have sent in my computer to get repaired and got it back yestersay. Since then i've been trying to get it to work properly again. I can't play any of the games I used to play before I sent it in to get...
Graphic Cards
Graphic card problem with new Win7 installation
Hello everybody! I'm not english so excuse me for my language. Here is the problem: I install win7 on a WD 1,5TB SATA hdd but after the installation the OS reconizes my video as Standart VGA Graphics Adapter. When i update the driver it reconizes it az Radeon HD 4770 (correct) and after the...
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App