|15 Jun 2012||#1|
| || |
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT PROBELM
Hi guys I also posted this solution on the vista forums but just to make life easyer I wanted to share it also with you guys,
I noticed an old thread around and found it because i experienced the same issue with my nvidia card an i have tried it with a couple models different from 8400M GT and this solution worked just fine.
At a point my graphics card went berserk and from that moment on i had some vertical blue lines over the entire display.
At first I thought it was a OS related issue but after i kept reading and browsing around i noticed that most people recommended to contact Vaio support and they should work out the issue for free in about 3-5 days.
Another solution would have been to bake the entire motherboard which to be honest, i didn't really have the guts to do it
I just wanted to let you all know that this solution really worked and my Vaio has been dunning just fine for the past 4 months without any issues as well as a couple of 2 other machines i applyed this solution to.
1. Buy thermal paste
2. Take your machine apart ( only the case until you can actually reach the video card)
3. Take a hair dryer and hold it at 3cm above your card and turn it on
4. Keep it running for about 2:30 - 3 minutes
5. Make yourself a tee or a cofee and let everything cool off (this is very important because when you apply the thermal paste it is cooler and you could crack something)
6. Apply thermal paste over the video card chip
7. Reasamble your machine
After this everything should run perfectly
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT PROBELM|
|NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU||Drivers|
|Problem Nvidia Geforce 8400M GT GPU||Drivers|
|nvidia geforce 8400m gt gpu||Drivers|
|Need Help! Nvidia Geforce 8400m GT||Drivers|
|Help Installing Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS||Graphic Cards|
|NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS PLZ HELP''''''||Graphic Cards|
|NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G Problem||Graphic Cards|