Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ATI Radeon AMD HD 6670 2GB Won't Go Past 1920x1080 Resolution

08 Jul 2012   #11
solarmystic

Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1
 
 

HDMI, if your monitor has built in audio/speakers and you wish to view DRM protected media using your graphics card's built in support, otherwise just use DVI for resolution flexibility during gaming..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2012   #12
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit Technical Preview
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAllenNeron View Post
Yeh that looks closer to what I had than what I have now..
I guess I'll just have to make due with what I have . .
what's better for a connection HDMI or DVI?
HDMI,works better and looks more clear when i connect my computer to the living room tv on 1080p and the audio is in the same connection so that's a big plus.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2012   #13
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by solarmystic View Post
HDMI, if your monitor has built in audio/speakers and you wish to view DRM protected media using your graphics card's built in support, otherwise just use DVI for resolution flexibility during gaming..
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAllenNeron View Post
Yeh that looks closer to what I had than what I have now..
I guess I'll just have to make due with what I have . .
what's better for a connection HDMI or DVI?
HDMI,works better and looks more clear when i connect my computer to the living room tv on 1080p and the audio is in the same connection so that's a big plus.
Dvi and hdmi are the same, just hdmi carries audio, if you need it.
Hdcp has been included on pretty much every monitor made in the last 4 or so years.

I have an older Samsung 19" LCD that doesn't have hdcp and won't play a bluray using the dvi port, but does play using VGA. I use this monitor when I build computers and found out it doesn't have hdcp last week when I put a bd rw in a friends machine and was testing it with a bluray movie.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2012   #14
solarmystic

Windows 7 x64 Professional SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by solarmystic View Post
HDMI, if your monitor has built in audio/speakers and you wish to view DRM protected media using your graphics card's built in support, otherwise just use DVI for resolution flexibility during gaming..
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAllenNeron View Post
Yeh that looks closer to what I had than what I have now..
I guess I'll just have to make due with what I have . .
what's better for a connection HDMI or DVI?
HDMI,works better and looks more clear when i connect my computer to the living room tv on 1080p and the audio is in the same connection so that's a big plus.
Dvi and hdmi are the same, just hdmi carries audio, if you need it.
Hdcp has been included on pretty much every monitor made in the last 4 or so years.

I have an older Samsung 19" LCD that doesn't have hdcp and won't play a bluray using the dvi port, but does play using VGA. I use this monitor when I build computers and found out it doesn't have hdcp last week when I put a bd rw in a friends machine and was testing it with a bluray movie.
Does HDMI 1.4a support resolutions like 2560x1600p though? I've always thought you needed either Dual Link DVI or Displayport to achieve those resolutions...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2012   #15
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by solarmystic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by solarmystic View Post
HDMI, if your monitor has built in audio/speakers and you wish to view DRM protected media using your graphics card's built in support, otherwise just use DVI for resolution flexibility during gaming..
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post

HDMI,works better and looks more clear when i connect my computer to the living room tv on 1080p and the audio is in the same connection so that's a big plus.
Dvi and hdmi are the same, just hdmi carries audio, if you need it.
Hdcp has been included on pretty much every monitor made in the last 4 or so years.

I have an older Samsung 19" LCD that doesn't have hdcp and won't play a bluray using the dvi port, but does play using VGA. I use this monitor when I build computers and found out it doesn't have hdcp last week when I put a bd rw in a friends machine and was testing it with a bluray movie.
Does HDMI 1.4a support resolutions like 2560x1600p though? I've always thought you needed either Dual Link DVI or Displayport to achieve those resolutions...
I believe they are upping the specs for hdmi resolutions, but not sure if they are in effect yet.
I should have said that Current hdmi and dvi are the same at 1200p and lower.
The video signals in both cables are the same. You can use a straight dvi to hdmi cable if you didn't have hdmi on your video card.
Some video cards had audio support on one of the dvi ports, my old ati3650 had audio included on the yellow dvi port, white dvi port was only video.

Oh, I just remembered that our HD Editor is using an ati 3870 and we are using a pair of dvi to hdmi cables since the 24" 1920x1200 monitors only have VGA and hdmi ports.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ATI Radeon AMD HD 6670 2GB Won't Go Past 1920x1080 Resolution




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
amd radeon hd 6670 random freezes
hi my comp is a new build ....my display driver radeon hd freezes for 15 seconds exact while i play games or watch videos like while league of legends...this screws up the game....i am on 13.6 version..what to do? the temp also doesnt seem to be running high,after 15 secs it shows display driver...
Graphic Cards
Can't set resolution to 1920x1080 !
Hello guys ! I have one problem,I can't set my res to 1920x1080. This is my monitor - LG Flatron W2046S. It supports 1920x1080. Every time I press on ''APPLY'',I get a black screen which says : Out of range. 67.5MHz of 60 MHz ( something in those lines). I tried settings my max refresh rate...
Graphic Cards
Weird thing going on with the Radeon 6670 GPU
So i recently bought a radeon 6670 GPu and it worked fine for 3 or 4 days straight, then when i turned off the computer it stoped working.. Then later day i was trying to fix it but the monitor keeps sayin that it has no signal DVI port Nor HDMI port.. So next day i turned off the computer multiple...
Graphic Cards
AMD Radeon 6670 vs 6870
Good morning everyone. I have an interesting concern. On another message board, I asked which would be a great card for the Sims 3 that isn't two expensive, but would allow me to max out the settings. Someone told me the 6670 would be an excellent card. Boy were they wrong! The camera continued...
Graphic Cards
AMD Radeon 6670 / SpeedFan indicates 0 RPMs
I have an eerie situation. When I turn my computer on, with chassis case off, I can clearly see the GPU's fan spinning happily. However, according to SpeedFan, the GPU's RPM is 0. All drivers have been correctly installed. Also, this GPU is completely powered through PCIex16 motherboard slot. No...
Graphic Cards
amd ati radeon 6670 2gb ddr 3 problem plz help
i hv installed ati radeon 6670 2gb ddr3 it shows error smtimes display driver has stopped working and recover before it decolourises ma screen also smtimes it completely freezes ma computer and i have to restart it i also hv latest amd 11.2 drivers bt it still didnt helped plz help me out
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App