Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is this a good graphics card?

25 Jul 2012   #11
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Radeon 6450 cards are low-end. They should be adequate for web surfing, but for gaming they're weak.

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts - Video Card Model List

What sort of system do you wish to upgrade? If you had, for example, a Radeon 5670 card, a 6450 would be a major downgrade.
I was thinking of upgrading my ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR3 card
The 5670 is a good mid-range card. You may have trouble finding a better one within your budget. I'd suggest a Geforce GTX 460 (1GB version) or a Radeon 6850, but those are each more like $150CDN (at www.newegg.ca).

Also, while online reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt, you may want to look at:

Newegg.ca - COOLMAX CTI-700B 700W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Looks like QC at CoolMax may not be the best in the industry. Feeling lucky?
Ok I must jump in here and say Scratch the coolmax PSU I've used a 600watt Coolmax but quickly jumped to a better PSU
For one it isn't 80plus certified and could pop because of it being so cheap and it might not take stress to well Mind you I have ran a 6870 on one no issue

I would save some money I know you want to jump in and get some gaming going but Budget is everything and 200.00 dollars at least is needed for some decent performance if you want a boost

This is the direction you should look PSU Newegg.com - OCZ ZS Series 550W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom 64.99

Video card Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card ( 11202-00-20G) 99.99

you could work this for about 200.00 flat with tax and all you are half way there it wouldn't hurt to rethink the plan and get more money worked up because you want to play not studder while everyone else is smooth as butter


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jul 2012   #12
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post

I was thinking of upgrading my ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR3 card
The 5670 is a good mid-range card. You may have trouble finding a better one within your budget. I'd suggest a Geforce GTX 460 (1GB version) or a Radeon 6850, but those are each more like $150CDN (at www.newegg.ca).

Also, while online reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt, you may want to look at:

Newegg.ca - COOLMAX CTI-700B 700W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Looks like QC at CoolMax may not be the best in the industry. Feeling lucky?
Ok I must jump in here and say Scratch the coolmax PSU I've used a 600watt Coolmax but quickly jumped to a better PSU
For one it isn't 80plus certified and could pop because of it being so cheap and it might not take stress to well Mind you I have ran a 6870 on one no issue

I would save some money I know you want to jump in and get some gaming going but Budget is everything and 200.00 dollars at least is needed for some decent performance if you want a boost

This is the direction you should look PSU Newegg.com - OCZ ZS Series 550W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom 64.99

Video card Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card ( 11202-00-20G) 99.99

you could work this for about 200.00 flat with tax and all you are half way there it wouldn't hurt to rethink the plan and get more money worked up because you want to play not studder while everyone else is smooth as butter
Is there anything on FutureShop I could get, so if anything is wrong I could return it. Also I am wondering how do I find out what PCI-E does my computer have, all I know is that it is a white slot with the hook thing at the end since this computer is pre-made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #13
Jonesie85

Windows 7 Home x64 & Windows XP Pro x86
 
 

Bobkn is right. I have learn't the hard way not to skimp on a PSU. If you buy a sub standard model/unknown brand you will end up let down. buy a well known brand. I have used Zalman and Antec. Both were fantastic.

Im sorry, i should have mentioned this in my previous post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jul 2012   #14
Jonesie85

Windows 7 Home x64 & Windows XP Pro x86
 
 

what motherboard have you got. and what specific hd5670 are you after. pci-e 2.1 cards can fit into pci-e 2.0 slots (not sure if it'll work in pci-e 1 however).

is this your setup?

Acer Aspire AM3400-E2212 AMD Athlon II X4 635 4GB 1TB DVDRW Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop - Acer - PT.SE002.001
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #15
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonesie85 View Post
what motherboard have you got. and what specific hd5670 are you after. pci-e 2.1 cards can fit into pci-e 2.0 slots (not sure if it'll work in pci-e 1 however).

is this your setup?

Acer Aspire AM3400-E2212 AMD Athlon II X4 635 4GB 1TB DVDRW Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop - Acer - PT.SE002.001
Yep, it's exactly the one I have, its not very good for gaming though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #16
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonesie85 View Post
Bobkn is right. I have learn't the hard way not to skimp on a PSU. If you buy a sub standard model/unknown brand you will end up let down. buy a well known brand. I have used Zalman and Antec. Both were fantastic.

Im sorry, i should have mentioned this in my previous post.
I have found Coolermaster, not sure if its well known.
Cooler Master Extreme 500 Watt Power Supply (RS500-PCARA3-US) : Power Supplies - Future Shop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #17
Jonesie85

Windows 7 Home x64 & Windows XP Pro x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonesie85 View Post
what motherboard have you got. and what specific hd5670 are you after. pci-e 2.1 cards can fit into pci-e 2.0 slots (not sure if it'll work in pci-e 1 however).

is this your setup?

Acer Aspire AM3400-E2212 AMD Athlon II X4 635 4GB 1TB DVDRW Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop - Acer - PT.SE002.001
Yep, it's exactly the one I have, its not very good for gaming though.
That motherboard has:-
  • PCI Express® 2.0 x16 slot - This is the socket you'll need.
  • Two PCI Express® 2.0 x1 slots - not sure about this
  • PCI™ v2.3 (5 V) slot - or this one

But the PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot is the one you'll use for a new graphics card.

PLEASE NOTE: if there is a chance that the link i posted above is wrong then ignore what i have s

It looks like most hd 5670 cards are either pci-e 2.0 or 2.1. 2.1 cards will fit and work in a 2.0 socket but it'll downgrade to a 2.0 card. Please could you post a link to your choice of 5670
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #18
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Video card ASUS Radeon 7750 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card : Video Cards - Future Shop 122.00


Psu Cooler Master Extreme 550 Watt Power Supply (RS550-PCARE3-US) : Power Supplies - Future Shop not 80+ but hell of alot better then what you picked trusted brand here <----------59.99
Corsair 600W PC Power Supply (CMPSU-600G) : Power Supplies - Future Shop I would go with the Corsair though just me <----------Gamer Series 77.99
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #19
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Video card ASUS Radeon 7750 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card : Video Cards - Future Shop 122.00


Psu Cooler Master Extreme 550 Watt Power Supply (RS550-PCARE3-US) : Power Supplies - Future Shop not 80+ but hell of alot better then what you picked trusted brand here <----------59.99
Corsair 600W PC Power Supply (CMPSU-600G) : Power Supplies - Future Shop I would go with the Corsair though just me <----------Gamer Series 77.99
Thanks, I am going to go buy them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #20
Jonesie85

Windows 7 Home x64 & Windows XP Pro x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Video card ASUS Radeon 7750 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card : Video Cards - Future Shop 122.00


Psu Cooler Master Extreme 550 Watt Power Supply (RS550-PCARE3-US) : Power Supplies - Future Shop not 80+ but hell of alot better then what you picked trusted brand here <----------59.99
Corsair 600W PC Power Supply (CMPSU-600G) : Power Supplies - Future Shop I would go with the Corsair though just me <----------Gamer Series 77.99
the graphics card you have chosen is pci-e 3.0. can that fit his motherboard?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is this a good graphics card?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Is this a good graphics card brand.
Buy the VisionTek Radeon R9 270X Video Card at TigerDirect.ca I want this but im not sure about this brand.
Graphic Cards
Is this Graphics card any good?
I am thinking of buying a new motherboard, Processor, ram and video card. Would this video card be worth it because i want to play medium-high end games Gigabyte HD 7750 OC 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card Please respond soon
Graphic Cards
Suggest good graphics card?
I am using Nvidia Geforce 7025/nforce 630a, which is very old. 95% of games doesn't work properly on it. I have to play games in less resolution(below 800*640). Suggest me good graphics card below 2000rs or $45 . I can increase my budget upto $60. processor:amd athlon II X2 255 @3.10ghz...
Graphic Cards
Hi, I need some help. Is this a good graphics card?
Hi please check the ink and tell me if this card is good or not because I don't know what to buy.:rolleyes::rolleyes: PCI Express - Club 3D CGNX-TS2524GCI GeForce GTS250 Green Edition 16xPCIE 256-bit 1GB DDR3 w/HDMI + DVI : Sybaritic - South African Online Computer Store Thanks, Andrew
Graphic Cards
Good Graphics card
Whats a Good graphics card?! doesnt have to be top of the line or anything just good enough so i can run windows 7 since my radeon 7500 cant run it.
Graphic Cards
I have a good Graphics Card But
But In WEI the Graphic Scores are only 3.5 and 3.2 respectively.I have the latest drivers and i also tried to change the visual effects. Any solutions for this because my Graphic Card is letting me down otherwise my Other WEI scores are good (5.0 to 5-9) C'mon Mayne?
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App