Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New W7 user experiencing resolution problems

31 Jul 2012   #21
Sy77

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Yup tried switching connections too. I'm still waiting for the driver download to finish so will try that and report back


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Jul 2012   #22
Sy77

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Just as a sidenote my browsing speeds have plummeted since the W7 install - even page refresh is slow to act.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #23
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sy77 View Post
Just as a sidenote my browsing speeds have plummeted since the W7 install - even page refresh is slow to act.

What was your speed before and what is it now? Is it wired or wireless?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jul 2012   #24
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sy77 View Post
Howdy Layback Bear! Yes I'd already tinkered around in that department with no result. Even in the scaling tab I'd opt for 'fullscreen' (the default is 'aspect ratio') and it didn't change anything. Pretty confusing... :/
Next to the scaling their is SIZE does it give you any options you haven't tried. You have tried so many things this may be redundant. I'm just looking for things that might of been missed. Like hitting apply,save, ok after changes were made. It's been missed before by others because of the frustration things like this can cause.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #25
Sy77

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I have both wired and wireless capabilities via my MiFi device. Not sure what my speeds were before as I never checked them, but as a clue the driver you suggested has been downloading for over an hour and isn't even half way through. The file is only 200mb. Grim huh? It's the same with other sites. It'll take 5 or 6 seconds to go to a next page - whereas on XP it was all pretty much instantaneous. And everytime i refresh a page it takes upto 10 seconds to refresh. It'd be a huge step backwards reverting to XP now I love the look of 7 - I just get the feeling my system doesn't like 7...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #26
Sy77

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sy77 View Post
Howdy Layback Bear! Yes I'd already tinkered around in that department with no result. Even in the scaling tab I'd opt for 'fullscreen' (the default is 'aspect ratio') and it didn't change anything. Pretty confusing... :/
Next to the scaling their is SIZE does it give you any options you haven't tried. You have tried so many things this may be redundant. I'm just looking for things that might of been missed. Like hitting apply,save, ok after changes were made. It's been done before.
I wish I knew how to screenshot. As i said before, in my nvidia CC next to 'scaling' is 'position' not 'size' and this just moves your desktop up, down and sidewards. I don't have the 'size' tab as seen in Pauls' screenshot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #27
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sy77 View Post
I have both wired and wireless capabilities via my MiFi device. Not sure what my speeds were before as I never checked them, but as a clue the driver you suggested has been downloading for over an hour and isn't even half way through. The file is only 200mb. Grim huh? It's the same with other sites. It'll take 5 or 6 seconds to go to a next page - whereas on XP it was all pretty much instantaneous. And everytime i refresh a page it takes upto 10 seconds to refresh. It'd be a huge step backwards reverting to XP now I love the look of 7 - I just get the feeling my system doesn't like 7...
Yeah, I get the feeling it doesn't like it too, but I would say most of it is down to the fact that you cannot put any of the proper motherboard drivers on as it's fairly old and is only supported by XP drivers.

You might be able to get an updated Ethernet driver from Microsoft, have you done all your windows updates? There would have been quite a few to put on with a clean install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #28
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sy77 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sy77 View Post
Howdy Layback Bear! Yes I'd already tinkered around in that department with no result. Even in the scaling tab I'd opt for 'fullscreen' (the default is 'aspect ratio') and it didn't change anything. Pretty confusing... :/
Next to the scaling their is SIZE does it give you any options you haven't tried. You have tried so many things this may be redundant. I'm just looking for things that might of been missed. Like hitting apply,save, ok after changes were made. It's been done before.
I wish I knew how to screenshot. As i said before, in my nvidia CC next to 'scaling' is 'position' not 'size' and this just moves your desktop up, down and sidewards. I don't have the 'size' tab as seen in Pauls' screenshot.

Screen shots are easy to do with windows 7 , just use the snipping tool built into windows under "accessories" highlight the area you wish to capture, save it to desktop or your pictures and then upload it to here as an attachment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #29
Sy77

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Like this?


Attached Images
New W7 user experiencing resolution problems-123.png New W7 user experiencing resolution problems-1234.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2012   #30
Sy77

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Also, just installed the driver. No change. I'm currently doing some windows updates. Is there a way I can target an ethernet update specifically? I'm not totally sure what I'm doing but it's fun along the way. Remember Texas Instruments from the 80s? Yeah, that's kinda my level of technological advancement or lack of hahahaha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New W7 user experiencing resolution problems




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Explorer Folder Experiencing Multiple Problems.
Hello, I've been battling with multiple problems recently and I need some fixes guys. I've attached a few images named "Problem1-3" with the 3 problems I've been experiencing and will let you exactly what's happening and what I want fixed down below. Problem 1: The left side bar in my...
General Discussion
Network adapter is experiencing problems
My network adapter sometimes doesn't work, troubleshooting says "Network adapter is experiencing problems". This doesn't happen all time, more like every other time i turn on the computer. Disabling and enabling network adapter in device manager doesn't help, only way to fix it is to restart...
Network & Sharing
Wired network adapter is experiencing problems
Hi all, I was playing Batman: Arkham Asylum through the Steam network last night when the game froze and then crashed to the desktop. I couldn't do anything or see anything to click on, so I did a hard reboot. When Windows came back on, I couldn't connect to the internet and got the "wired...
Network & Sharing
The wired network adapter is experiencing problems
Hello! I searched for this but was unable to find this issue (please help me refine my search if I am incorrect). Backstory: About a month ago my PC lost connectivity with my router. It is connected via Ethernet cable to the Linksys WRT54G. All other wireless devices (both iPhones, PS3, Wii,...
Network & Sharing
Experiencing a few problems.
I am experiencing a few problems. I'm trying to optimize performance to where it loads fast and doesn't hybernate as much. I'm trying to get it to where i can add spacers between the docked items. Any idea how to accomplish these tasks?
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App