Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Quick question : What video card does safe mode use?


19 Aug 2012   #1

Windows home premium 32 bit
 
 
Quick question : What video card does safe mode use?

Quick question: What video card does safe mode use?

I have two : the 6310 one and the 6370 one, before i booted safe mode the 6370 was enabled in "normal mode" and had up to date drivers.

Thanks.

Also , anyone know how to add a signature or change username ?

White Power Ranger

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Aug 2012   #2

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

If your running a Fairly new desktop, I believe it would run of the HD intel which is built into most new computers. This is by default and if your running a custom AMD I'm not sure how to help you there. Is there a reason you need to know?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2012   #3

Windows home premium 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ebpapen View Post
If your running a Fairly new desktop, I believe it would run of the HD intel which is built into most new computers. This is by default and if your running a custom AMD I'm not sure how to help you there. Is there a reason you need to know?
Yes, i experienced freezes and different sorts of BSOD's (some of which i resolved) and i want to make certain it's not hardware fault, more precisely i want to make sure the 6370m card is OK.

I ran in safe mode for almost 24 hours and everything is A-OK.

I switch between cards with amd power xpress and i have a shitty amd e-350 proc in normal windows.

After i reinstalled windows it booted with the 6370 active so i figure it would be the same under safe mode.

I don't know though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Aug 2012   #4

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

Freezes.. Usually not the graphics card. Is the processor high end or is the graphics cards running themselves. Also, how much ram is there installed. For any spec info type 'dxdiag' into cmd or run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2012   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tokennotfound View Post
Quick question: What video card does safe mode use?

I have two : the 6310 one and the 6370 one, before i booted safe mode the 6370 was enabled in "normal mode" and had up to date drivers.

Thanks.

Also , anyone know how to add a signature or change username ?

White Power Ranger
If you're in Safe Mode and your computer is generally "new" ('06 in my opinion), safe mode would use the integrated motherboard graphics card.

Signature and Change Username - On the top bar of your screen, you should see "Quick Links | New Posts| User CP|" etc etc. Click "User CP".
On the left hand side, you should see the options to change your avatar (picture) and signature. I don't think there's an option to change your username.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Aug 2012   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tokennotfound View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ebpapen View Post
If your running a Fairly new desktop, I believe it would run of the HD intel which is built into most new computers. This is by default and if your running a custom AMD I'm not sure how to help you there. Is there a reason you need to know?
Yes, i experienced freezes and different sorts of BSOD's (some of which i resolved) and i want to make certain it's not hardware fault, more precisely i want to make sure the 6370m card is OK.

I ran in safe mode for almost 24 hours and everything is A-OK.

I switch between cards with amd power xpress and i have a shitty amd e-350 proc in normal windows.

After i reinstalled windows it booted with the 6370 active so i figure it would be the same under safe mode.

I don't know though.
Have you checked your computer can run the game?
(Check the game's minimum specifications and see if you're computer matches them)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Quick question : What video card does safe mode use?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33