Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: No GPU acceleration in Chrome.

19 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 
No GPU acceleration in Chrome.

When watching a 1080p video in full screen on chrome, there is no gpu acceleration is chrome, as is evident by the following screenshot:
No GPU acceleration in Chrome.-capture-2.png
But when using IE9 this is the following result:
No GPU acceleration in Chrome.-capture.png
Why isn't the video being handled by the GPU in chrome?
When in chrome there is also an unacceptable amount of 'LAG' to the video.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Aug 2012   #2

Windows 7 x64 (SP1)
 
 

What video content are you looking at? If it is HTML5 Video it probably is not accelerated because Chrome uses WebM and it has yet to get hardware support like h.264 which IE9 uses.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
What video content are you looking at? If it is HTML5 Video it probably is not accelerated because Chrome uses WebM and it has yet to get hardware support like h.264 which IE9 uses.
Nope, I was using youtube and I didn't join the HTM5 trail on purpose, so I am using chrome's built in flash player.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Aug 2012   #4

Windows 7 64 bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ionbasa View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
What video content are you looking at? If it is HTML5 Video it probably is not accelerated because Chrome uses WebM and it has yet to get hardware support like h.264 which IE9 uses.
Nope, I was using youtube and I didn't join the HTM5 trail on purpose, so I am using chrome's built in flash player.
I noticed that watching streaming Olympics via youtube. I couldn't view the HD without severe delays @ 100% CPU. I ended up using Firefox which worked great.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ionbasa View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
What video content are you looking at? If it is HTML5 Video it probably is not accelerated because Chrome uses WebM and it has yet to get hardware support like h.264 which IE9 uses.
Nope, I was using youtube and I didn't join the HTM5 trail on purpose, so I am using chrome's built in flash player.
I noticed that watching streaming Olympics via youtube. I couldn't view the HD without severe delays @ 100% CPU. I ended up using Firefox which worked great.
After doing some research on the chrome forum,It turns out that the past few versions of chrome have issues with GPU acceleration and the built in flash.

I guess the only solution is to wait for an update to get pushed out by Google.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No GPU acceleration in Chrome.





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: No GPU acceleration in Chrome.
Thread Forum
Chrome GPU Hardware Acceleration - Turn On or Off Tutorials
Solved Disabling 3d acceleration Graphic Cards
DirectX 3D acceleration not available?! Gaming
Direct3D Acceleration Graphic Cards
Hardware acceleration Graphic Cards
Mouse Acceleration Gaming
3d Acceleration for VIRTUAL XP Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33