Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Suggest me suitable graphic card or any other solution

24 Aug 2012   #1
Maqsood

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1 (Build 7601)
 
 
Suggest me suitable graphic card or any other solution

My Dell D820 specifications are attached. Also, there is a problem of dedicated video memory of zero. I have downloaded latest NVIDIA drivers from their site, but i am failed to install them. An error occurred showing: "NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit".

I am new to gaming, please help me step by step.


Thanks in advance!




Attached Thumbnails
-dxdiag-vga.png   -memory.png   -sysreqlab.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Aug 2012   #2
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Use this little free program to show us your specs. Then use the User CP at the top of every page to install them. That way they will follow your every post.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download
At the lower left cornor of this post tick on My System Specs. That information follows my every post. This will help us help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2012   #3
jimpz

Win 7 Pro
 
 

It appears this particular Dell Latitude used one of 2 versions of Nvidia Quadro graphics. These are business (cad/cam etc) graphics oriented cards, NOT gaming cards. I believe they are also not upgradeable/changeable). With a T2400 intel processor, I'm going to guess this laptop is about 6years old?.

But your best bet for the propwer driver may be from Dell as many OEM mfg's 'customized' the drivers. While Nvidia has seemed to changed this with their consumer series, I'm not sure about the Quadro mobile series & that's why Dell may be your best bet.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Aug 2012   #4
Maqsood

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1 (Build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Use this little free program to show us your specs. Then use the User CP at the top of every page to install them. That way they will follow your every post.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download
At the lower left cornor of this post tick on My System Specs. That information follows my every post. This will help us help you.
I have updated my system specifications. One more thing, nvidia site scanner detects that i have GeForce Go 7300, but the Piriform Specy didn't detect it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #5
Maqsood

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1 (Build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimpz View Post
It appears this particular Dell Latitude used one of 2 versions of Nvidia Quadro graphics. These are business (cad/cam etc) graphics oriented cards, NOT gaming cards. I believe they are also not upgradeable/changeable). With a T2400 intel processor, I'm going to guess this laptop is about 6years old?.

But your best bet for the propwer driver may be from Dell as many OEM mfg's 'customized' the drivers. While Nvidia has seemed to changed this with their consumer series, I'm not sure about the Quadro mobile series & that's why Dell may be your best bet.

Jim
Yes, these are for professionals, but i have read that low graphics games can be played using some virtual memory or something like this. I have updated my system specifications, please have a look at them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2012   #6
gazz9496

 
 

what you'll find is that you could probably with enough tweeking play the odd game on very low settings, however i must point out that it may not be playable ie 1-2 frames per second.

now depending on what games it is your trying to play it could be doable but we can pretty much discount most games from the last 8 years and even some from before that, you can check my post history on many sites from swtor to here and i flat out do not recommend gaming on a laptop they just aren't good enough at the best of times to compete with a far cheaper desktop.

in the bios you may be able to assign more memory to the display adapter, check if you want press f2 on startup.
some searching turned up some messy methods to increase it but none i can suggest as i can not test them to see if they would work or break something so i'll not list them.

I'm going to be a bit mean here sorry, but if you want to do any kind of gaming then you need to replace the laptop either with a newer laptop or with a desktop for gaming purposes, subjecting your current laptop to the stress that gaming can invoke could cause a fault that is being hidden or just not appeared yet to come to the fore and cause it to fail, memory, overheating( most likely due to age) cpu overheating again quite probable due to the age of the machine the thermal solution and fan may be clogged up or have reduced capacity.

in short be careful what you do, 6 years is a long time for a laptop thermal paste degrades fans fail or don't do their job correctly solder on the main board is drying out due to prolonged exposure to electrical currents and so forth.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2012   #7
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

To keep it simple. You do not have a gamer computer. It would cost more to try and make it a gamer than it would to buy one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Aug 2012   #8
Maqsood

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1 (Build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gazz9496 View Post
what you'll find is that you could probably with enough tweeking play the odd game on very low settings, however i must point out that it may not be playable ie 1-2 frames per second.

now depending on what games it is your trying to play it could be doable but we can pretty much discount most games from the last 8 years and even some from before that, you can check my post history on many sites from swtor to here and i flat out do not recommend gaming on a laptop they just aren't good enough at the best of times to compete with a far cheaper desktop.

in the bios you may be able to assign more memory to the display adapter, check if you want press f2 on startup.
some searching turned up some messy methods to increase it but none i can suggest as i can not test them to see if they would work or break something so i'll not list them.

I'm going to be a bit mean here sorry, but if you want to do any kind of gaming then you need to replace the laptop either with a newer laptop or with a desktop for gaming purposes, subjecting your current laptop to the stress that gaming can invoke could cause a fault that is being hidden or just not appeared yet to come to the fore and cause it to fail, memory, overheating( most likely due to age) cpu overheating again quite probable due to the age of the machine the thermal solution and fan may be clogged up or have reduced capacity.

in short be careful what you do, 6 years is a long time for a laptop thermal paste degrades fans fail or don't do their job correctly solder on the main board is drying out due to prolonged exposure to electrical currents and so forth.

Thank you and thank you so much, though i bought it a long time ago but i used it for less time,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Aug 2012   #9
Maqsood

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1 (Build 7601)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
To keep it simple. You do not have a gamer computer. It would cost more to try and make it a gamer than it would to buy one.
Ummm, thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2012   #10
vaidas3

Windows 7 pro 64bit. (SP1)
 
 

try this
Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]
download vista 32bit VGA driver try to install it in compatibility mode

may try this one from nvidia too
NVIDIA DRIVERS 179.48BETA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Suggest me suitable graphic card or any other solution




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Please suggest me a good graphic card for my PC.
Hi friends , I want to change my graphic card but do not know which is good for my PC. Please suggest me a good graphic card for my PC. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1...
Graphic Cards
Suggest a suitable Game please
Hi, Could you suggest suitable games for my laptop? Win7 Ulitmate 64-bit SP1 i7-3612QM, 750GB HDD (5400rpm) 16GB RAM 15.6" display 1GB dedicated NVIDIA GT-620M
Gaming
Suggest a Mid Range Graphic Card for these Specs
AMD Phenom II X4 945 ASUS M4N68TM V2 PSU: 450W Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Monitor Resolution: 1280x768 (Might Use my HDTV as external monitor for HD gaming) Budget: 5000-8,000 INR (100-160 USD) I know the specs are pretty low. I was eying AMD Radeon™ HD 6850 but it requires 500W. So 5770 is...
Graphic Cards
suggest a graphic card for SAMSUNG SyncMaster SA550
Hi all, Very Recently (yesterday) added to my system is SAPPHIRE HD 6570 1GB DDR3 and SAMSUNG SyncMaster (s23a550h) interfaced via HDMI <-> HDMI cable. installed latest Catalyst 11.10
Graphic Cards
Please suggest me powerful graphic card...
currently i m using nvidia geforce 8400gs 512 mb.. core 2 duo 2.9ghz processor ... some game not run smoothly on high setting,, so i had to lower game setting to play.. but current problem is that i want to battlefield 3, i installed it & run it.. but it lagging in my system. sounds repeats...
Graphic Cards
Hi all. Need solution for my graphic card problem.
Hi all, I am using a Sony vaio laptop VGN-SZ75GN. I recently upgraded my windows vista busniess 32-bit to a windows 7 ulitmate 64-bit using a clean installation. I have a external graphic card which is NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GS notebook graphics processing unit(GPU) (SPEED MODE) / Intel®...
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App