Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is a GTX 550 ti a good gaming card.

03 Sep 2012   #11

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LewisHolcombe View Post
Well I'm building a gaming rig and have an i7 ready to be over clocked to 4.2 maby 4.4 as I'm water cooling and I have the case. But there different sockets so I'm keeping the pentium duel 2.8ghz for now maybe get a core 2 quad in the next month if I get the cash.
Why not get a motherboard for the i7 instead of getting a core 2 quad?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Sep 2012   #12

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LewisHolcombe View Post
Well I'm building a gaming rig and have an i7 ready to be over clocked to 4.2 maby 4.4 as I'm water cooling and I have the case. But there different sockets so I'm keeping the pentium duel 2.8ghz for now maybe get a core 2 quad in the next month if I get the cash.
Why not get a motherboard for the i7 instead of getting a core 2 quad?
That's what i am thinking as well just get a better board to handle a better CPU

You won't need 32 Gb hell you would be just a good with 16 or less 8 woiuld be ideal
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #13

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LewisHolcombe View Post
Well I'm building a gaming rig and have an i7 ready to be over clocked to 4.2 maby 4.4 as I'm water cooling and I have the case. But there different sockets so I'm keeping the pentium duel 2.8ghz for now maybe get a core 2 quad in the next month if I get the cash.
Why not get a motherboard for the i7 instead of getting a core 2 quad?
That's what i am thinking as well just get a better board to handle a better CPU

You won't need 32 Gb hell you would be just a good with 16 or less 8 woiuld be ideal
I use 8. I was debating on getting another 8, but I don't really need it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Sep 2012   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OEM
 
 

Cause i would need a new psu and board.
Don't have the cash and everything I get goes into my new case.
Plus the case I have now is a frigin btx :'( so it's not for the newer boards it's for lag 775 and that's what a core 2 quad is. Anyway back to the original question?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #15

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LewisHolcombe View Post
Cause i would need a new psu and board.
Don't have the cash and everything I get goes into my new case.
Plus the case I have now is a frigin btx :'( so it's not for the newer boards it's for lag 775 and that's what a core 2 quad is. Anyway back to the original question?
The size of the motherboard is what fits in the case. What is the case model and brand? We could help you find an i7 board that would fit. Also what psu do you have?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OEM
 
 

A 400w with GTX 550ti
The new case is a atx/mini atx.
Any chance you can find a lga 775 one as well as I have 5 of these cases :L friends computer store went bust
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #17

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LewisHolcombe View Post
A 400w with GTX 550ti
The new case is a atx/mini atx.
Any chance you can find a lga 775 one as well as I have 5 of these cases :L friends computer store went bust
You'd probably want a better power supply regardless if you stuck with the Pentium. What's your budget and where do you usually buy parts from?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OEM
 
 

All over the place. No budget for say buy on the cheaper side with a pci express x16 2.0 lga 775 socket and an atx thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #19

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LewisHolcombe View Post
All over the place. No budget for say buy on the cheaper side with a pci express x16 2.0 lga 775 socket and an atx thanks
You wouldn't rather go for a motherboard for the i7? I think it would be better. Especially if you plan on gaming.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #20

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OEM
 
 

Yeah. I was saying I needed both. I have 5 of the same cases and wouldn't mind putting my pc I'm using now into one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is a GTX 550 ti a good gaming card.




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33