Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Low Graphics System Ratings

11 Sep 2012   #1
najib333

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Low Graphics System Ratings

Well, i did a system rating for my Laptop and here is what i got:



SPECS:
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
12.0GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M




I guess this i why i FPS Lag and Slow load in even a low basic graphics game.
So anyone got any solutions for this? As u can see from my specs, i shouldnt have lagg in a low grphics game.

Help would be much appreciated.
Thank You


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Sep 2012   #2
fireberd

Windows 7/10 64 bit
 
 

I have an i7 3770 desktop and with the Intel HD 4000 graphics I get 6.5 for both graphic parameters.

The laptop and different i7 may be different but not that much. Install the latest Intel HD4000 graphics for your specific CPU and see if that helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #3
smarteyeball

 
 

A 630M should be pulling in more than that.

I'd reset/re-run the assessment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Sep 2012   #4
najib333

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I have an i7 3770 desktop and with the Intel HD 4000 graphics I get 6.5 for both graphic parameters.

The laptop and different i7 may be different but not that much. Install the latest Intel HD4000 graphics for your specific CPU and see if that helps.
I had already done that and still the same.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
A 630M should be pulling in more than that.

I'd reset/re-run the assessment.
Could u explain on reset/rerun the assessment? Sorry but im a noob at these kind of things.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #5
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

My first thought would be are you using a generic driver

Have you changed any drivers recently ?

it could be a simple tweeking issue i have heard of people getting a new driver by contacting Nvidia

which isn't released yet to help with issues sorta like these

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/47420
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #6
fireberd

Windows 7/10 64 bit
 
 

Solarstarshines, the user is using the built in Intel HD 4000 graphics that are on the i7 CPU chip, not an NVIDIA video card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #7
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Solarstarshines, the user is using the built in Intel HD 4000 graphics that are on the i7 CPU chip, not an NVIDIA video card.
The user listed both Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia GeForce GT 630M which would mean it does but has switchable graphics.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #8
UnknownReverent

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Solarstarshines, the user is using the built in Intel HD 4000 graphics that are on the i7 CPU chip, not an NVIDIA video card.
The user listed both Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia GeForce GT 630M which would mean it does but has switchable graphics.
I have the same thing on my laptop. It's an nVidia Optimus graphics card. You can run with Intel or nVidia. It usually runs the 630 when you tell it to run programs with it or when the graphics are needed. You can set it to only run either or.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #9
najib333

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
My first thought would be are you using a generic driver

Have you changed any drivers recently ?

it could be a simple tweeking issue i have heard of people getting a new driver by contacting Nvidia

which isn't released yet to help with issues sorta like these

Drivers | GeForce
I didnt change any drivers as this is a newly bought laptop. What i only did is update my NVIDIA driver to a BETA version as the latest version, i got this not compatible error.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UnknownReverent View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Solarstarshines, the user is using the built in Intel HD 4000 graphics that are on the i7 CPU chip, not an NVIDIA video card.
The user listed both Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia GeForce GT 630M which would mean it does but has switchable graphics.
I have the same thing on my laptop. It's an nVidia Optimus graphics card. You can run with Intel or nVidia. It usually runs the 630 when you tell it to run programs with it or when the graphics are needed. You can set it to only run either or.
U mean under the 3D Settings? Yea i did that but still i lagg.


1 more thing i need u guys to know i that it doesnt only lagg during game. But it laggs installing programs and most of the time, my screen will freeze idk why. I need to wait for like 15mins. If its later than that i juz had to turn my laptop off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2012   #10
najib333

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Bump? Need help :\
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Low Graphics System Ratings




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
windows 7 ratings help
my windows ratings for the same processor have come down this happened since i formatted my pc last week and i am also getting significant performance drops in the GTA 4 gameplay please help guys i even tried resetting the bios settings but it did not work however installing the older nvdia...
Performance & Maintenance
How can I copy iTunes Ratings from XP to Windows 7?
Hi all, I have iTunes in Windows XP with hundreds of files, all of which I have carefully filled with artwork and ratings. I have installed iTunes in another computer and have all my music files there also, but I would like to know how to get my XP artwork and ratings in my Windows 7...
Software
Best graphics from my system?
Looking at my specs, what would be the game that has the absolute best graphics that can run on it? My i7 is overclocked to 3.44 GHz and very stable (with 34 C high load temp). Particularly, I'm wondering if there are any realtime ray traced games that could run on it?
Gaming
WMP and ratings / parental controls ... missing something?
Ok, thought for the day. How to categorize and/or authorize the playing of videos thru WMP on network with various user accounts? The "setup" in mind is just using or having a movie ratings system like there is for the games ratings under parental controls. So is there any other way to...
Media Center
Internet Explorer Content Advisor - Change Ratings Level
How to Change Ratings Level in Internet Explorer Content Advisor Content Advisor uses ratings that websites provide to identify potentially offensive content. This will show you how to change the category rating levels to what level you want instead. By default, Internet Explorer is set for...
Tutorials


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App