Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: VTX3D ATI Raedon HD 6670 Dual Monitor Setup


19 Sep 2012   #1
F1p

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
 
 
VTX3D ATI Raedon HD 6670 Dual Monitor Setup

Hello there,

I have a VTX3D ATI Radeon HD 6670 2gb as seen here: VTX3D VX6670 2GBK3-H 2GB GDDR3 800MHz ATI Radeon HD6670 PCI-e Graphice Card | Falcon Computers


I have my previous Dual monitor setup from an old computer, two identical 1400*900 VGA (D-Sub) monitors.

This graphics card has, according to the specs a HDMI, VGA and DVI-I connector.


I have one screen connected to the VGA connector on the Graphics card.
The other screen's VGA connector goes into a DVI-I to VGA Adapter, then into the DVI-I plug on the graphics card.


The monitor in the VGA port is detected, but the other isn't - any suggestions?



Regards,
Philip

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Sep 2012   #2
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Philip welcome to the Seven Forums.

The problem is that that card only supports VGA via the VGA port, it does not support VGA via adapter from the DVI port. With that card in order to use two monitors they have to be a combo of DVI and HDMI, or VGA and DVI (and pretty sure that HDMI and VGA won't work). Video cards have worked this way since they came out with more than two ports on them. The newer AMD (and some Nvidia) cards with displayport on them is where you can run more than two monitors, and then at least one of them has to use the displayport.

The only real solutions are,

1. A new monitor that has both DVI and VGA

2. A DVI to VGA converter, which is not the same as the adapter that you are using and cost a fair bit more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #3
F1p

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
 
 

Yeah, thanks very much for the reply.
Bit gutted :P

For your own info, tried the VGA & HDMI using my TV and it actually works!
The monitors were pretty cheap (15/$25) so perhaps ill pay the price for the converter box to keep the identical monitors.


Thanks very much for the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Sep 2012   #4
F1p

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
 
 

Thought of another solution to this, and just confirm it would work please:


Upgrade to the graphics card to the VTX3D HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 model, which has DVI-I & VGA?
This would then let me use both my monitors (using my existing adapter) and no need to buy a new monitor?
Then sell the 6670 graphics card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F1p View Post
Thought of another solution to this, and just confirm it would work please:


Upgrade to the graphics card to the VTX3D HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 model, which has DVI-I & VGA?
This would then let me use both my monitors (using my existing adapter) and no need to buy a new monitor?
Then sell the 6670 graphics card.

That would be a better Option as the HD6770 model is the exact same as a HD5770
Also allow you to play games on decent settings with out struggle

I still have a HD5770 and it is a strong performer and you would be able to do the same HDMI DVI VGA my set up is dual monitor but HDMI /VGA

That will also eliminate some of your issue

+1 Stormy you always have good solid answers glad you're around buddy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #6
F1p

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F1p View Post
Thought of another solution to this, and just confirm it would work please:


Upgrade to the graphics card to the VTX3D HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 model, which has DVI-I & VGA?
This would then let me use both my monitors (using my existing adapter) and no need to buy a new monitor?
Then sell the 6670 graphics card.

That would be a better Option as the HD6770 model is the exact same as a HD5770
Also allow you to play games on decent settings with out struggle

I still have a HD5770 and it is a strong performer and you would be able to do the same HDMI DVI VGA my set up is dual monitor but HDMI /VGA

That will also eliminate some of your issue

+1 Stormy you always have good solid answers glad you're around buddy

Many thanks +1 to both of you.
I think that may be my preferred option then, the converter would be the same as the price difference between the upgrade - and i would have a better graphics card.


http://www.vtx3d.com/products_features.asp?id=77
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Looks pretty sweet and doesn't use much power

plenty of breathing room have fun with your new upgrade
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #8
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I would be contacting them first and finding out if that DVI port supports VGA via adapter before buying. Hate to see you buy it and find out that it works the same as your current card as far as the DVI port goes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2012   #9
F1p

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
 
 

For future readers:

Quote:
Dear Philip,
Yes, you can use DVI-VGA adapter on DVI-I port with HD6770, and the other use VGA port.
Newer VGA card can not do this, but HD6770 still support 2 VGA signal outputs.

Best Regards,
VTX Support


Ordered
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #10

Win7 ultimate
 
 

Quote:
Dear Philip,
Yes, you can use DVI-VGA adapter on DVI-I port with HD6770, and the other use VGA port.
Newer VGA card can not do this, but HD6770 still support 2 VGA signal outputs.

Best Regards,
VTX Support
Maybe it is to much for this card but is this achievable :

I have asus 6670 has Dvi-i and d-sub on which are samsung 2220LM and Lg 1918S

I would like to connect hdmi monitor or TV since it is available can this graphic card do that ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 VTX3D ATI Raedon HD 6670 Dual Monitor Setup




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: VTX3D ATI Raedon HD 6670 Dual Monitor Setup
Thread Forum
Solved Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor Graphic Cards
Dual monitor setup - fullscreen goes on wrong monitor Graphic Cards
Solved Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor Graphic Cards
Solved How to Setup a Dual-Monitor? Hardware & Devices
wrong primary monitor in dual monitor setup General Discussion
dual monitor setup help? Graphic Cards
Dual Monitor Setup w/ Dual ATI 4870x2 Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33