Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PC Support AMD ?


09 Oct 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
PC Support AMD ?

Will My Computer Supports AMD Radeon Card ??

Here are Configuration :

Motherboard : MSI 7529
RAM : 2 GB
PCIE x16 2.0 : 1 Slot

& whatever a computer have.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Oct 2012   #2

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Yes. As long as you have a compatible slot for the card, which these days is going to be a PCIe x16 slot, then a graphics card based on either NVidia or AMD/ATI will work. You just need to ensure that you have enough space in your computer, particularly if the card you are looking at is physically large.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2012   #3

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Your motherboard is spec'd as having a PCI-E X16 1.0a slot. PCI-E X16 cards through the 3.0 revision are supposed to be backwards compatible with the slot, although it's never absolutely certain.

The board is a microATX one, and a small one at that: 24.4 X 19.3 cm. Depending on your case, you might have trouble fitting long graphics cards.

Your power supply must also be up to the job. I doubt that you are planning to install a 300W (high-end) card in this system, but it's not unusual for a card maker to specify a 350 or 400W power supply even for a low-end card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Oct 2012   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Your motherboard is spec'd as having a PCI-E X16 1.0a slot. PCI-E X16 cards through the 3.0 revision are supposed to be backwards compatible with the slot, although it's never absolutely certain.

The board is a microATX one, and a small one at that: 24.4 X 19.3 cm. Depending on your case, you might have trouble fitting long graphics cards.

Your power supply must also be up to the job. I doubt that you are planning to install a 300W (high-end) card in this system, but it's not unusual for a card maker to specify a 350 or 400W power supply even for a low-end card.
I have 450 Watts PSU
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Yes as long as you have a pci-e x16 slot or agp slot depending on what type of card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Yes as long as you have a pci-e x16 slot or agp slot depending on what type of card.
I want to also know which is cheap ? Nvidia or ATI/AMD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Yes. As long as you have a compatible slot for the card, which these days is going to be a PCIe x16 slot, then a graphics card based on either NVidia or AMD/ATI will work. You just need to ensure that you have enough space in your computer, particularly if the card you are looking at is physically large.
lol but my pc case very big , if you go for two psu in it then space was always tooo much !!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2012   #8

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ankur850 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Yes as long as you have a pci-e x16 slot or agp slot depending on what type of card.
I want to also know which is cheap ? Nvidia or ATI/AMD
AMD usually is cheaper in price and Nvidia most of the time has higher prices.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2012   #9

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ankur850 View Post
I want to also know which is cheap ? Nvidia or ATI/AMD
Both make cards in all price ranges, from cheap to expensive ($500 for a single GPU card).

AMD seems to offer better performance for price for midrange cards.

I've used both. I still prefer nVidia's drivers slightly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PC Support AMD ?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: PC Support AMD ?
Thread Forum
Why did they get rid of GIF support?! Music, Pictures & Video
Help & Support General Discussion
Support Please Drivers
64-bit OS = No 16-bit support General Discussion
PC Support General Discussion
win 7 irc support? General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33