Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 doesn't recognize second monitor.

21 Dec 2012   #1
Kevin86

Windows 7 64bit
 
 
Windows 7 doesn't recognize second monitor.

I got a new pc running windows 7. I have a VGA splitter that I used with my Vista pc and was able to run 3 monitors. Now when I connect a second monitor using the VGA splitter and I can only clone the second monitor, for some reason Windows 7 doesn't recognize there is a second monitor connected.

Amy help appreciated


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Dec 2012   #2
Kevin86

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

bump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2012   #3
petko131

Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kevin86 View Post
I got a new pc running windows 7. I have a VGA splitter that I used with my Vista pc and was able to run 3 monitors. Now when I connect a second monitor using the VGA splitter and I can only clone the second monitor, for some reason Windows 7 doesn't recognize there is a second monitor connected.

Amy help appreciated
Kevin, welcome to the forum!
Did you try: right click on desktop>screen resolution; in order to see if the second monitor is recognized?
(any way,make a print screen preview, or use snipping tool(in start type "snipping tool"))

p.s. My attachment is a example of what window you should post back.


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 doesn't recognize second monitor.-monitor.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Dec 2012   #4
Kevin86

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Thanks for the reply Petko.

Yes I did try that already, the second monitor is not recognized...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2012   #5
petko131

Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kevin86 View Post
Thanks for the reply Petko.

Yes I did try that already, the second monitor is not recognized...
Did you try the "Detect" button?
And did you install the device drivers after installing windows7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2012   #6
Kevin86

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

I did try the detect button which shows the number 1 on both monitors. I have not installed any device driver. By 'device' drivers, you mean the drivers for the monitor that Windows doesn't recognize I assume?

Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2012   #7
petko131

Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kevin86 View Post
I did try the detect button which shows the number 1 on both monitors. I have not installed any device driver. By 'device' drivers, you mean the drivers for the monitor that Windows doesn't recognize I assume?

Thanks again.
Open device manager from start, and then open "Monitors" as shown here. post a screen shot of yours!


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 doesn't recognize second monitor.-device-manager.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2012   #8
petko131

Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petko131 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kevin86 View Post
I did try the detect button which shows the number 1 on both monitors. I have not installed any device driver. By 'device' drivers, you mean the drivers for the monitor that Windows doesn't recognize I assume?

Thanks again.
Open device manager from start, and then open "Monitors" as shown here. post a screen shot of yours!
As for the monitor drivers follow this picture!
Do this for the monitor that windows doesn't detect, but witch you can see in the screen resolution settings.

Always willing to help


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 doesn't recognize second monitor.-monitor-driver.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2012   #9
Kevin86

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petko131 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petko131 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kevin86 View Post
I did try the detect button which shows the number 1 on both monitors. I have not installed any device driver. By 'device' drivers, you mean the drivers for the monitor that Windows doesn't recognize I assume?

Thanks again.
Open device manager from start, and then open "Monitors" as shown here. post a screen shot of yours!
As for the monitor drivers follow this picture!
Do this for the monitor that windows doesn't detect, but witch you can see in the screen resolution settings.

Always willing to help
When both monitors are connected I don't see any monitors in the device manager list, see the screenshot

When I have both monitors connected and follow the steps, properties is 'grayed' out and not available to click. When I disconnect one of the monitors, I AM able to follow the steps and Windows tells me I have the latest drivers already installed...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2012   #10
Kevin86

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

*forgot to upload the attachment. Here you go


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 doesn't recognize second monitor.-device-manager.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 doesn't recognize second monitor.




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 installation doesn't recognize HDD
Hi, This never happened to me before and its driving me insane. I'm trying to do a clean install of windows 7 (by booting the computer into the CD) but no drives show up. This usually happens to me so no big deal. The problem is.. recently I got a "new" computer, made out of old parts of...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 doesn't recognize my external HDD
PLEASE HELP.. Im new to this website.. but seems promising.. I hav a Samsung R580 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 4GB RAM i5 CPU 2.27GHz problem is my 250GB ext hard disk was workin just fine on my laptop.. but then all of a sudden.. is jus wont get recognized.. the light on d drive comes on.....
Hardware & Devices
Windows doesn't recognize DVD eject
Howdy, I've got an odd problem. When I insert a disk, the OS reads it correctly, and I can do whatever with it. However when I remove it, Windows still shows the disk is inserted, and inserting another disk causes any program that tries to access it to hang indefinitely (including individual...
Drivers
Windows doesn't recognize all my hdd capacity.
Hello! I've just bought a new laptop. It was with Linux Boot-Up system. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Installed all drivers that were on official Acer homepage. Then I saw that the Windows doesn't show all my HDD capacity. It should show 500gb, but it shows only 232GB. What should I do? my...
Hardware & Devices
Windows doesn't recognize my printer
I bought an adaptor cord-parallel plug to USB-so as to be able to continue to use my old Epson Laser printer with my new Windows 7 Dell computer. When the printer is plugged in a box shows up saying that Windows has found my printer, another box says a driver was found, and a third says that it was...
Hardware & Devices
Windows 7 Doesn't recognize USB HD
This problem used to happen in Vista and just started popping up in my Windows 7 32 bit 7100.0.090421-1700. The drive is a 100gb Maxtor external usb drive. I've tried unplugging it and replugging it. Also I just rebooted with no luck. I'm going to boot to my 64 bit version to see if this problem...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App