Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Card Comparison HD5770 Vs GT430


30 Dec 2012   #1

Win 7 64 Ultimate
 
 
Card Comparison HD5770 Vs GT430

Ok so i got a fair deal on a used XFX Raedeon HD5770 1Gb GDDR5 Graphics card, i presently have a newer Zotac Geforce GT430 2Gb GDDR3 card installed and im wondering if the jump to GDDR5 and less MB at 1gig would be better than the 2Gb GDDR3 or not??

i have read that the 5770 runs a bit hot but i have great cooling in my system which im sure will help,, under normal use (like right now my CPU stays at 27C. Highest ive seen it was 33C with my system temp averaging around 32-34C)
.
I do not presently play any games but was thinking about getting the new Halo game and also installing GTA4 if i can find my 2nd CD for it.
Any help would be much appreciated

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Dec 2012   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Hands down HD5770 Video Card Comparison - GPUReview.com

The Hd5770 runs just as hot as any normal gpu don't belive the hype


Attached Thumbnails
Card Comparison HD5770 Vs GT430-results.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #3

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

a good place to see GPU relative power is here, and the difference between your card and the 5770 is about 8 "steps", which is a lot, so yes you will notice the difference. I'd frankly not bother a lot with the decrease in GB, as these cards cannot run games that need more than a GB anyway.

Quote:
have read that the 5770 runs a bit hot but i have great cooling in my system which im sure will help
The card has its own cooling system, and that's the main responsible of cooling it.
What is more worth talking with is your PSU, as that card may require too much power, or your PSU may be a cheapo non-certified one, and in that case there is the definite risk of the card pushing it over the edge.
State name (as printed on the PSU) and wattage.

EDIT: although it asks just a few dozen more watts than the 430, maybe your're fine anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Dec 2012   #4

Win 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Hands down HD5770 Video Card Comparison - GPUReview.com

The Hd5770 runs just as hot as any normal gpu don't belive the hype
great! where/how did you do this comparison chart? EDIT:Never mind i just realized u posted a link LOL thanks!

bobafetthotmail,
i have a Thermaltake ToughPower 700watt PSU pretty sure its going to handle it no problem,,,,

Thermaltakeusa**Power Supply**Toughpower Series**Toughpower Standard 700W PSU : Toughpower Standard 700W PSU W0105RU

I just installed it and so far so good but man is it noisy! Its running at 34C right now after being on for about 10 mins and just under normal use browsing the web on a few tabs,, think im going to crank up Crysis demo that i have installed and see how it looks and check temps.
Thanks Guys!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

AMD gaming GPU's tend to run a bit hotter than the standard AMD GPU's. The hardware in those cards are big and beefy and need a bigger/better heat sink and fan which equates to a little more fan noise. I'm running the AMD HD 6790D (dual fans) and it runs around 35C to 40C idle and when stressed out never gets above 50C. So I'm pretty happy with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #6

Windows 7
 
 

If I was you choosing between these cards I would defiantly go with the AMD Radeon HD5770. I have also heard rumors about it running hot however a friend owns this card and it runs just as hot as his last card did... however he said the 5770 was very quiet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #7

Win 7 64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by D3LL View Post
If I was you choosing between these cards I would defiantly go with the AMD Radeon HD5770. I have also heard rumors about it running hot however a friend owns this card and it runs just as hot as his last card did... however he said the 5770 was very quiet.
I had to set the fan speed down at 40% for it to not be noticable 50% i can hear it starting to whistle and anything above that is LOUD! lol
Attachin a pic with it installed (excuse the poor wireing managment still playing with things)
upgraded to 8GB ram today too and now W7U 64bit is showing 5.25gb Useable ram 8gb total,, i know theres a fix for that just havent gotten around to it


Attached Thumbnails
Card Comparison HD5770 Vs GT430-sam_0089.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JRockZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by D3LL View Post
If I was you choosing between these cards I would defiantly go with the AMD Radeon HD5770. I have also heard rumors about it running hot however a friend owns this card and it runs just as hot as his last card did... however he said the 5770 was very quiet.
I had to set the fan speed down at 40% for it to not be noticable 50% i can hear it starting to whistle and anything above that is LOUD! lol
Attachin a pic with it installed (excuse the poor wireing managment still playing with things)
upgraded to 8GB ram today too and now W7U 64bit is showing 5.25gb Useable ram 8gb total,, i know theres a fix for that just havent gotten around to it

I have mine set at 30%

XFX...top notch brand...looking good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #9

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JRockZ View Post
i have a Thermaltake ToughPower 700watt PSU pretty sure its going to handle it no problem
Yup. It's a 80+ certified PSU and the wattage is abundant. Won't let you down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2012   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JRockZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by D3LL View Post
If I was you choosing between these cards I would defiantly go with the AMD Radeon HD5770. I have also heard rumors about it running hot however a friend owns this card and it runs just as hot as his last card did... however he said the 5770 was very quiet.
I had to set the fan speed down at 40% for it to not be noticable 50% i can hear it starting to whistle and anything above that is LOUD! lol
Attachin a pic with it installed (excuse the poor wireing managment still playing with things)
upgraded to 8GB ram today too and now W7U 64bit is showing 5.25gb Useable ram 8gb total,, i know theres a fix for that just havent gotten around to it

Looks pretty nice but keep in mind you should set fan control on a couple profiles because once gaming you are going to need that demanding fan push

I have one installed on a rig upstairs that i used to use for gaming and never noticed the loudness maybe becuase of the case and other fans but i never heard it get to loud

in anycase it is a solid card and very capable of playing pretty much anything without lag or stutter
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Card Comparison HD5770 Vs GT430




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Card Comparison HD5770 Vs GT430
Thread Forum
Card Comparison Questions Gaming
ATI HD5570 or GeForce GT430? Graphic Cards
Solved Comparison - Opinions on better card? Graphic Cards
HD5770 cooling PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hd5770 - gtx 260 Graphic Cards
Win7 & ati hd5770 Graphic Cards
XFX ATI Radeon HD5770 Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33