Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk Twin Frozr III or MSI GTX 650 Ti Cyclone?

03 Jan 2013   #21
xenot7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xenot7 View Post
@Solarstarshines
Better than getting an A-Series CPU eh?
APU will get chewed up by 8350 and gpu it is only good for low end solutions for people who don't want to invest in premium parts but they are comming along though beating out alot of HDgraphics
I know, but intel HD4000 in i7 3770k still trashed the APUs in terms of performance (graphics and processing capabilities) but most intel procies are pricy and weak in graphics and so users tend to combine them with a discrete GPU (the Onboard GPU isn't really needed) so, no harm done by the APUs.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jan 2013   #22
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xenot7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xenot7 View Post
@Solarstarshines
Better than getting an A-Series CPU eh?
APU will get chewed up by 8350 and gpu it is only good for low end solutions for people who don't want to invest in premium parts but they are comming along though beating out alot of HDgraphics
I know, but intel HD4000 in i7 3770k still trashed the APUs in terms of performance (graphics and processing capabilities) but most intel procies are pricy and weak in graphics and so users tend to combine them with a discrete GPU (the Onboard GPU isn't really needed) so, no harm done by the APUs.
Yea i understand your point that is why i would go with the cpu it actually hangs and beats the 3770k in multi thread apps not by alot or anything but enough to say it was beaten
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2013   #23
Bungee18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Solar,
As per your advice I went for the 7850.
I got a Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5 OC Edition.
Just installed it an hour ago.
It was recognized right away and it is running just fine with the drivers I had installed for my old 7770. AMD 12.11 Beta11. Should I uninstall and reinstall drivers nevertheless?

WEI went to 7.9 on both video scores at stock speed. Nice!

Thanks for your advice,

J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jan 2013   #24
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bungee18 View Post
Solar,
As per your advice I went for the 7850.
I got a Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5 OC Edition.
Just installed it an hour ago.
It was recognized right away and it is running just fine with the drivers I had installed for my old 7770. AMD 12.11 Beta11. Should I uninstall and reinstall drivers nevertheless?

WEI went to 7.9 on both video scores at stock speed. Nice!

Thanks for your advice,

J
No problem enjoy your new card and with a nice 4.5 ghz Oc you will be flying

If it works it works I remember swaping out a 5770 out and putting in a 6870 and it came on like nothing ,I was like shoot i forgot to uninstall but it worked out
but next time i would do it the proper way cause you never know but if you are not having issues roll with it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #25
Bungee18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Thank you once again.
I'm very happy with the new card, although construction quality is not as good as the ASUS 7770.
J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #26
xenot7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Have fun with your new card, and use MSI Afterburner (highly recommended) if you want to OC your card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #27
Bungee18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xenot7 View Post
Have fun with your new card, and use MSI Afterburner (highly recommended) if you want to OC your card.
Can I use Afterburner on a non MSI card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #28
xenot7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Yes, it even works on my card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #29
Bungee18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

That's good to know.
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2013   #30
xenot7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

No problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk Twin Frozr III or MSI GTX 650 Ti Cyclone?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Should I Sell my Radeon HD 7970 3GB Twin Frozr OC Boost Edition
MSI R7970 TF 3GD5/OC BE Radeon HD 7970 3GB Twin Frozr OC Boost Edition 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com I bought this for about $225 on sale used a while back. I am thinking I could sell it for about $200. I'm wondering if I should sell...
Graphic Cards
My new MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Unigine Heaven scores.
MSI Twin Frozr Radeon 7950 3GB (Overclocked) (Yes it was my christmas present!) Well here are my results after getting my new GPU installed. I had some problems at first because I switched from Nvidia to AMD and it was a pain to get the drivers working how I wanted. I have it overclocked quite a...
Graphic Cards
New build cannot find MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC card
Originally, I had the issue of not being able to power the card at all. Whenever I hooked up the card to the motherboard AND to the PSU (where the card was getting power from the wire to the PSU), the computer wouldn't turn on. Only after I unplugged the connections that had to do with the...
Graphic Cards
Sticky residue on bottom of new MSI Cyclone card???
Unwrapped my brand new, factory sealed card today and noticed the bottom was slightly sticky. There was this weird sticky residue on the bottom of my brand new card. AGGGGHHH! I read somewhere online that this may be a result of resin soldering? I don't know. One little goop concentration was...
Graphic Cards
First cyclone of the season.... Who's in far north QLD?
Ok, so this doesn't apply to about 99% of the members on this forum but still thought I would share. We are likely to get our first cyclone of the season tomorrow night. Only a category 1 at this stage but will most likely end up a cat 2. This cyclone is a bit confused... went from being Cyclone...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App