Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Amd 5670 crossfire Vs 6850 6870 7770

03 Jan 2013   #11
bala2289

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

also if you have ram already don't need to buy new ram you have the standard 1333 so you will be fine that will free up some cash for the PSU too use all the old stuff you can have to be thrifty on the respect of certain parts you already have that are still good enough for the other rig

such as the 5670 /ram/hd
Nope I'm sellin my old pc without the hdd and gfx card. So i cant keep the Ram And 5670 is not that powerfull to handle tessellation so planning to sell that too.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jan 2013   #12
bala2289

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Thanks for the suggestions, I' ll think about it today and let you guys know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2013   #13
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bala2289 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

also if you have ram already don't need to buy new ram you have the standard 1333 so you will be fine that will free up some cash for the PSU too use all the old stuff you can have to be thrifty on the respect of certain parts you already have that are still good enough for the other rig

such as the 5670 /ram/hd
Nope I'm sellin my old pc without the hdd and gfx card. So i cant keep the Ram And 5670 is not that powerfull to handle tessellation so planning to sell that too.
gotcha well good luck but i hope you do go for qaulity over price
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jan 2013   #14
Erick Aguilar

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bala2289 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post

also if you have ram already don't need to buy new ram you have the standard 1333 so you will be fine that will free up some cash for the PSU too use all the old stuff you can have to be thrifty on the respect of certain parts you already have that are still good enough for the other rig

such as the 5670 /ram/hd
Nope I'm sellin my old pc without the hdd and gfx card. So i cant keep the Ram And 5670 is not that powerfull to handle tessellation so planning to sell that too.
You can sell all your stuff to get fancy parts.
A not so fancy psu will potentially harm your hard earned fancy parts.

Think smart. Buy a better psu you won't need to replace in the long run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2013   #15
bala2289

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
gotcha well good luck but i hope you do go for qaulity over price
Ya I hope too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2013   #16
bala2289

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post

You can sell all your stuff to get fancy parts.
A not so fancy psu will potentially harm your hard earned fancy parts.

Think smart. Buy a better psu you won't need to replace in the long run.
I ll go for a better psu.

I ll let you guys informed later today or tomorrow. Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2013   #17
bala2289

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2013   #18
Erick Aguilar

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

There is no such thing as a PSU that have one CPU brand compatibility only. Nothing you need to power an intel will keep you from powering an amd cpu and vice versa.

The coolermasters are fine for your needs, but don't expect to much from non 80+ supplies.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2013   #19
bala2289

windows 7 ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
There is no such thing as a PSU that have one CPU brand compatibility only. Nothing you need to power an intel will keep you from powering an amd cpu and vice versa.

The coolermasters are fine for your needs, but don't expect to much from non 80+ supplies.
So the gigabyte 80+ is better than coolermaster non 80+ ? Is it so?
But the cooler master states >85% effficiency at Typical load.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2013   #20
archer

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bala2289 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Erick Aguilar View Post
There is no such thing as a PSU that have one CPU brand compatibility only. Nothing you need to power an intel will keep you from powering an amd cpu and vice versa.

The coolermasters are fine for your needs, but don't expect to much from non 80+ supplies.
So the gigabyte 80+ is better than coolermaster non 80+ ? Is it so?
But the cooler master states >85% effficiency at Typical load.
Hey bala2289, I am also in India and use 6870. I will suggest you to go for it. Do not order it online, get it from the store. I agree with all the users that you need to have a good PSU. I am using coolermaster 750W. But, you can go for 650 or 600W as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Amd 5670 crossfire Vs 6850 6870 7770




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
His 7850 or should i crossfire the 7770
i have a sapphire graphics card and i can buy the same one for 93 or should i just buy the his graphics card 7850 7850 HIS 7870 IceQ X 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP < HD 7800 Series < Desktop Graphics < Products | HIS Graphic Cards 7770 for crossfire with same gpu SAPPHIRE HD 7770 GHz...
Graphic Cards
Any "significant" differences between the ATI Radeon 6850 & 6870?
Are there any "significant" differences between the ATI Radeon 6850 and 6870 graphic cards? I am considering purchasing the ATI Radeon 6850 graphics card. However, I am told that the 6870 is a superior card. I would like to see a side-by-side comparison of these two cards before making a...
Graphic Cards
AMD HD Radeon 6870 Crossfire causes BSOD and Freezing in games
Hey everyone. I just recently bought another card to xfire for my rig. Since ive done this however my games randomly freeze or bsod, or freeze with a loud buzz until i shut my rig down.. i think its a driver issue, because it used to do it when i had 1 card and i bumped it down to like 11.10 and...
BSOD Help and Support
HD 6870 Crossfire BSOD
Hey, some weeks ago i bought two HD 6870's in Crossfire. I started the PC up, started a game and got a BSOD. After that, It have happened many times. The problem is that i only get the BSOD when i start a game.. System specs: Win 7 Enterprise x64 Original Windows Full retail Age of hardware:...
BSOD Help and Support
AMD Radeon HD 6870 And 6850: Is Barts A Step Forward?
Toms Hardware 10/21/10 Don Woligroski, Chris Angelini AMD Radeon HD 6870 And 6850: Is Barts A Step Forward? : The New Radeon HD 6000 Family Fabe
Graphic Cards
AMD 6870 and 6850
AMD just released their new 6870 and 6850 that are meant to replace their 5770 and 5750. Reviews: AMD Radeon HD 6850 and 6870 CrossFire Video Card Review - AMD's 2nd Generation DX11 Video Card - Radeon 6800 - Legit Reviews AMD They're looking mighty good for the price...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App