Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: GTX 660 Superclocked in a Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Impossible?


21 Jan 2013   #21

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Personally, I only like G.Skill and Corsair.......some new Patriot RAM is getting good reviews though.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jan 2013   #22

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

So, this card should work in my box, as long as I upgrade that GPU, right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2013   #23

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Tehkwhiz View Post
So, this card should work in my box, as long as I upgrade that GPU, right?
What's the +12V current rating on the Dell PSU?

I think that eVGA tends to be conservative about their reqs. If the PSU makes 24A at 12V, it's probably adequate.

On the other hand, my PSU has followed me through several upgrades, so $100 for a warm feeling isn't absurd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Jan 2013   #24

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Tehkwhiz View Post
So, this card should work in my box, as long as I upgrade that GPU, right?
What's the +12V current rating on the Dell PSU?

I think that eVGA tends to be conservative about their reqs. If the PSU makes 24A at 12V, it's probably adequate.

On the other hand, my PSU has followed me through several upgrades, so $100 for a warm feeling isn't absurd.
The PC is 22 miles away at my Mom's house, and I'm out of town for the week because of school. So, I can't get the PSU specs to you all until Friday afternoon. So, Friday we'll really know if my stock PSU can handle a GTX 660 Superclocked. As a friendly request, can you all subscribe with instant notification to this thread? You all are really helpful, and I want the same people to give me advice Friday when I post the PSU specs. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #25

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Yes, I don't see any reason why the card wouldn't work with the new PSU. I WOULD NOT use the factory Dell PSU with the GTX 660, too much could go wrong, and I don't feel there is enough headroom for the other components. As long as you get a new power supply, the card will physically fit inside the computer, and you have a spare PCI-Express slot, it should work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #26

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Yes, I don't see any reason why the card wouldn't work with the new PSU. I WOULD NOT use the factory Dell PSU with the GTX 660, too much could go wrong, and I don't feel there is enough headroom for the other components. As long as you get a new power supply, the card will physically fit inside the computer, and you have a spare PCI-Express slot, it should work.
...and that's where I get worried. I think the card is longer than the case itself.

These are the dimensions for the PC:

Chassis and Case

Dimensions & Weight
Height: 19.4" (49.3 cm)
Width: 7.8" (19.8 cm)
Depth: 20.7" (52.8cm)


I don't feel like looking up the 660's dimensions, AT&T has screwed my fiber line....again. So, no Internet. Posting this via my iPad which is on neighbor's Wi-Fi (with consent....).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2013   #27

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

The card is 9.5" long x 4.376" tall. When your internet is back, try to find a picture of your case with the side off so I can get a better look at what we are dealing with. I'm fairly certain it should fit in there, unless there is some kind of stupid Dell crap in the way, limiting the usable internal space.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 GTX 660 Superclocked in a Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Impossible?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: GTX 660 Superclocked in a Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Impossible?
Thread Forum
Solved Dell XPS 435mt Shows odd Memory and proc configuration Hardware & Devices
Will this PSU fit my Dell Studio XPS 8100? Hardware & Devices
Solved Dell Studio 1735 Drivers
dell studio crash BSOD Help and Support
DELL Studio 1535 Drivers
Dell studio 1535 Drivers
Drivers for Dell Studio Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33