Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Hdmi


27 Jan 2009   #21

Windows 7 X64
 
 

What brand and make is your TV damoh?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jan 2009   #22

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Welcome to HUMAX [Global Website]

That one mate,

Re: Previous post, i have adjusted the RGB, the image is only slightly better but no where as good as the monitor. The white colours are very dull, beige in colour.
This is where it gets a little tricky. My monitor supports HDMI so i messed around with that a little, this is what i ended up doing:

My monitor ( hanspree 19inch ) i connected using HDMI. no on this i get the same purple colour as the TV and i cant seem to make it any better.
If i connect my TV using VGA then the image is perfect. I managed to get the TV to display the HDMI only once and since then i cannot get it to display again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2009   #23

Windows 7 X64
 
 

So a small round up of the facts;

- On either the monitor and the TV using the HDMI cable causes colour distortion
- Using the VGA cable though produces normal colour on both. Yet you don't really want to be using VGA when you can be using HDMI.

Now, as HDMI outputs through digital I'm doubting its the cable itself.
So it could possibly be your graphics card that is doing it with the current drivers.

You have a few options I'm guessing to deduce the problem;
- You could try rolling back to the previous drivers? In Cod4 for example the new Nvidia drivers caused graphics distortion on my card and the old drivers work better.
- If you have a friend with a laptop, a hdmi port and vista you could try that to see if the tv works perfectly. If so then it's just Windows 7, which means back to the drawing board. haha.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Jan 2009   #24

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Yeah my mate has a computer with HDMI, ill pop the TV round tommorow and try it. Its not a massive TV so transporting it easy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2009   #25

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote:
Re: Previous post, i have adjusted the RGB, the image is only slightly better but no where as good as the monitor. The white colours are very dull, beige in colour.
Sounds like the color temperature or white point setting. This is related to but separate from the RGB ramp. See if your TV menus allow you to adjust color temp -- the setting will either be general, like "cool, warm, normal" or Kelvin degrees like 9300 or even phosphor technology used like "B22, EBU, or P22". Also look for the gamma setting and try adjusting that. What would really help me here is for you to dump your TV EDID using http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/moninfo.exe. It's free and not evil

Quote:
My monitor ( hanspree 19inch ) i connected using HDMI. no on this i get the same purple colour as the TV and i cant seem to make it any better.
Try moninfo on that too and lets see what it says.

Quote:
If i connect my TV using VGA then the image is perfect.
Is that using a VGA plug on the back of the TV and a VGA cable attached to a VGA port on your video card or a DVI or HDMI to VGA adapter? That makes a difference as the monitor EDID will not be available that way.

Quote:
I managed to get the TV to display the HDMI only once and since then i cannot get it to display again.
Just a black screen right? Can you hook the Hanspree monitor AND the HUMAX TV up to the computer at the same time? Like one on VGA and the other on HDMI? Doing that you can adjust the HDMI settings for the TV while looking at the monitor. That makes this much easier.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2009   #26

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tweakw7 View Post
So a small round up of the facts;

- On either the monitor and the TV using the HDMI cable causes colour distortion
- Using the VGA cable though produces normal colour on both. Yet you don't really want to be using VGA when you can be using HDMI.

Now, as HDMI outputs through digital I'm doubting its the cable itself.
So it could possibly be your graphics card that is doing it with the current drivers.

You have a few options I'm guessing to deduce the problem;
- You could try rolling back to the previous drivers? In Cod4 for example the new Nvidia drivers caused graphics distortion on my card and the old drivers work better.
- If you have a friend with a laptop, a hdmi port and vista you could try that to see if the tv works perfectly. If so then it's just Windows 7, which means back to the drawing board. haha.
I'm suspecting the TV's EDID -- I'm combing the docs on the website now... So much for that -- docs are in German. Got a link for English?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2009   #27

 
HDMI works fine for me

I'm using my notebook - HP 8710p (NVidia Quadro NVS320M) with a Mitsubishi HC4700 FullHD beamer at home. Connection via HDMI works like a charm.

As soon as it's plugged in, I get an extended desktop. Even the really bad ideas like putting the system to standby while connected to the beamer and then waking it up connected to the office docking-station with a secondard (DVI-connected) display works perfect. I get 5 seconds of auto-desktop-rearranging with some flashing of the screens - then I'm ready to go.

So - in general: HDMI seems to work just fine - as long a the devices handshake correctly and are fully compliant.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2009   #28

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Hi

To clarify Baarod. My TV has a VGA input on it. When i connect that to the computer the image on the TV is perfect.
HDMI on the TV still no go
The HDMI on the monitor is a purple colour usable to a degree but really wierd to look at. The whites are beige and so forth.
I did what you recomended with the dump, i saved the info as a text file and attached it to this post.

Many Thanks for your help so far
Regards


Attached Files
File Type: txt Hanspree Monitor.txt (3.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: txt Humax TV.txt (4.1 KB, 67 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2009   #29

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

i have a DVI port on my computer, so if anyone thinks that using an adapter plugged from my GC to the HDMI cable would work then ill go out and buy one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2009   #30

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by damoh View Post
Hi

To clarify Baarod. My TV has a VGA input on it. When i connect that to the computer the image on the TV is perfect.
HDMI on the TV still no go
The HDMI on the monitor is a purple colour usable to a degree but really wierd to look at. The whites are beige and so forth.
I did what you recomended with the dump, i saved the info as a text file and attached it to this post.

Many Thanks for your help so far
Regards
Those are absolutely perfect EDIDs -- your TV even has the extension data. I'm about 80% sure this is a damaged HDMI cable at this point. The other possibility is that there's some damage to the hardware or electronics of the HDMI plug on your computer. It is a HDMI plug right? Not a DVI-HDMI adapter?

There's a remote possibility that you have a really bad ICM profile but I've never seen one override the EDID data.

Can you borrow another HDMI cable and try that?

Also, hook the TV up via HDMI and the monitor up via VGA and check if the screen resolution control panel shows both -- you know, right click the desktop and select Screen Resolution. You might have to hit the Detect button or change the Multiple displays setting to Extend...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Hdmi




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33