Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: External GPU (eGPU)

03 Mar 2013   #61
Pauly

Win7 Ultimate X64
 
 

i did have a read through the link you posted but annoyingly the link in it about error 12s is dead so i had a good look around at your situation and most things seem to lead to setup 1.x which is payed for software ?????
Sounds like a bootable eGPU config software that accesses your device before OS load and preps it for boot, seems to fix most error 12 situations but who knows

Regards the bsod check your C:\windows\minidump folder, zip up the contents (or the most recent few) and upload or run the tool in the link i gave you and upload the output file, that will grab your dumps and lots of other useful info, msinfo32, updates log, system info etc etc


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Mar 2013   #62
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
i did have a read through the link you posted but annoyingly the link in it about error 12s is dead so i had a good look around at your situation and most things seem to lead to setup 1.x which is payed for software ?????
Sounds like a bootable eGPU config software that accesses your device before OS load and preps it for boot, seems to fix most error 12 situations but who knows

Regards the bsod check your C:\windows\minidump folder, zip up the contents (or the most recent few) and upload or run the tool in the link i gave you and upload the output file, that will grab your dumps and lots of other useful info, msinfo32, updates log, system info etc etc
yes you are correct, but im not getting error 12 anymore. :/ ill upload them

http://www.4shared(DOT)com/folder/L8lriK08/_online.html

copy and paste into browser and replace (DOT) with .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2013   #63
Pauly

Win7 Ultimate X64
 
 

That link is crap needs me to sign up just upload files straight into your next post
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Mar 2013   #64
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
That link is crap needs me to sign up just upload files straight into your next post
crap srry give me 5

ok so i opted out that its the GPU and PSU. i tried a different gpu and PSU, and same exact results. however im getting error 12 until i restart at least. so this narrows it down to a problem with the adapter, or something on software end.


Attached Files
File Type: rar BSOD Files.rar (267.3 KB, 2 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2013   #65
Pauly

Win7 Ultimate X64
 
 

I know you can plug it in without reboot but the machine does need to be in some state of sleep not sure which though

Had a scan of your dumps and cant draw any definate conclusions from them theres a bunch of random dumps that i think are just side effects and a bunch that are the same blaming ati drivers but im pretty sure they are from hot plugging/unplugging but this is virgin territory for me so afraid i cant offer you to much more

My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2013   #66
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
I know you can plug it in without reboot but the machine does need to be in some state of sleep not sure which though

Had a scan of your dumps and cant draw any definate conclusions from them theres a bunch of random dumps that i think are just side effects and a bunch that are the same blaming ati drivers but im pretty sure they are from hot plugging/unplugging but this is virgin territory for me so afraid i cant offer you to much more

i know, but i cant sleep my computer when i have my internal graphics disabled. when i do plug it in when in sleep and internal enabled, it just BSOD when it gets to the logon screen

but thank you so much for your help! much appreciated!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2013   #67
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

ive found some similar problems while searching the forum..... i searched "windows not detecting gpu"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2013   #68
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

heres the hardware lds when its plugged in and "working" no errors

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6758&SUBSYS_E198174B&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6758&SUBSYS_E198174B
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6758&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6758&CC_0300
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2013   #69
Quadrider10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

i uninstalled everything and shut down. plugged it in, booted up and let windows install it and it installed it as standard VGA adapter but came up with error code 10 this time. any ideas? i dont want to install drivers before this code 10 gets situated.

windows comes up with the drivers update for the card however i end up in the same situation as before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2013   #70
VistaKing

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit & Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Those Hardware IDs point to

AMD Radeon HD 6670 card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 External GPU (eGPU)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Best external to external hard drive synchronized backup plan?
So I want to clone one external 2TB with another. So one drive is the main use one and another the backup one. So I copy everything over to backup and i store the backup at another house and then I start using the main: deleting and adding/editing files. What is the best software or whatever to...
Hardware & Devices
Using my OLD HD for my new external HD
I recently installed a new SSD in my old Acer laptop and removed the old hard drive and re-installed it in an external case. Once I get the few files off of it for the laptop I am going to want to wipe it and re-format it to use as an external Hard drive for Acronis Backups. Can I do the wipe...
Hardware & Devices
new gaming netbook (with eGPU) suggestions
Hi, I'm going to buy a new netbook/small laptop because my Acer Aspire One A150 is becoming really slow, and I can't play any decent game with the single-core Atom N270 and the GMA 945 iGPU. I need a netbook which will run games like CoD Black Ops II smoothly. I don't care about screen...
Graphic Cards
Copied 600K files from external to external, Merge Folder?
I just spent like 18 hours copying 600K files, 1.33 TB, from a USB 2.0 ext. drive to a 1.36 TB USB 3.0 partition, but at the very end I got a handful of prompts to replace folders that already existed in the newly created folder, asked me to merge the original folder with the one just copied on the...
General Discussion
portable external HDD Vs. Desktop external HDD?
What's the difference between portable external HDD and Desktop external HDD? I notice desktop external HDD cost more. What's the point of different size of external HDD 2.5" and 3.5 "?
Hardware & Devices
wmp 12 and external HDD
Hi when including music files from an external hdd(not ripped with wmp 12)in the library the albums all load up in wmp as "unknown" but if loaded from the desktop they are fine all info and art.anybody know what to to? Also wmp 12 keeps splitting my albums in two,a lot of time one has only one...
Music, Pictures & Video


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App