Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: GeForce 8400 GS Problems with online videos

11 Mar 2013   #11

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SwunMurrieta View Post
Well I don't know too much about RAM but do you think that could be the cause of only online HD videos lagging and not offline videos? And my budget is probably around $70.00 and I am going to order off of amazon.com. I didn't know that the 8400GS was that old. Thats as old as my computer. Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it.
1GB is really a little, i higly reccomend you to have 2 or 3 GB of RAM...
You're welcome

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SwunMurrieta View Post
Also what size graphics card should I get? 1024mb or 2048mb?
If you aren't going to use 3D applications at extreme resolutions, 1GB is more than enough.
If you can, get a card with GDDR5 memory. GDDR5 is a lot faster than DDR3/GDDR3.
These are 2 examples:

this is a GT 630 1GB GDDR5: $64.99 Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GT 630 1024MB GDDR5, DVI, VGA and HDMI Graphics Card 01G-P3-2632-KR: Computers & Accessories (low-mid end)

this is a Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3: $69.24 Amazon.com: GIGABYTE GV-R667D3-1GI Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR3 DVI-D / D-Sub / HDMI CrossFire Ready Graphics Card: Electronics (low-mid end)

If you are going to run some games on your pc, with a few more dollars you can find a good mid end GPU.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Mar 2013   #12

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

I think I am going to order the GT 630 and return the 8400 GS. I will look into the RAM on amazon and see if they have anything cheap. How much does 2 GB RAM usually cost? I won't be playing any games on my PC I own and Xbox 360 and haven't really been playing lately. I used to play halo 4 a lot but I just haven't been into since I have no one to play with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2013   #13

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

I hate to be a pest but do you think this will work to upgrade the RAM? It seems like the price is great so that's why I'm concerned.

Amazon.com: PNY Optima MD2048SD2-800 2GB DDR2 800 MHz CL 5-5-5-15 PC2-6400 Desktop DIMM Memory Module: Electronics
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Mar 2013   #14

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Or would this be better because on crucial it says that 2gb at 1gb x 2 is compatible so I am thinking that maybe the other one wouldn't work. Im not so good with this stuff so thanks for the advice.

RAM UPGRADE:

Amazon.com: Crucial 2GB Kit (1GBx2) DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) CL5 Unbuffered UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory Modules CT2KIT12864AA667: Electronics

Crucial PC information page:

Computer memory upgrades for HP - Compaq Pavilion a1620n Desktop/PC from Crucial.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #15

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SwunMurrieta View Post
I think I am going to order the GT 630 and return the 8400 GS. I will look into the RAM on amazon and see if they have anything cheap. How much does 2 GB RAM usually cost? I won't be playing any games on my PC I own and Xbox 360 and haven't really been playing lately. I used to play halo 4 a lot but I just haven't been into since I have no one to play with.
with 3 GB of RAM and a GT 630 your pc will become a good media center The GT 630 is also capable of a nice 3D acceleration... remember to search for the GDDR5 version...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SwunMurrieta View Post
I hate to be a pest but do you think this will work to upgrade the RAM? It seems like the price is great so that's why I'm concerned.

Amazon.com: PNY Optima MD2048SD2-800 2GB DDR2 800 MHz CL 5-5-5-15 PC2-6400 Desktop DIMM Memory Module: Electronics
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SwunMurrieta View Post
Or would this be better because on crucial it says that 2gb at 1gb x 2 is compatible so I am thinking that maybe the other one wouldn't work. Im not so good with this stuff so thanks for the advice.

RAM UPGRADE:

Amazon.com: Crucial 2GB Kit (1GBx2) DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) CL5 Unbuffered UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory Modules CT2KIT12864AA667: Electronics

Crucial PC information page:

Computer memory upgrades for HP - Compaq Pavilion a1620n Desktop/PC from Crucial.com
take this: Amazon.com: Crucial 2GB Kit (1GBx2) DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) CL5 Unbuffered UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory Modules CT2KIT12864AA667: Electronics

on your pc you should have 2 sticks of 512MB in slot 2 and 4, running at 667 MHz. If you take another 2 sticks of RAM running at 667MHz, you will put them in slot 1 and 3, making the RAM running in dual channel mode. Dual channel provides extra performance

A single 2 GB stick running at 800 MHz will be a waste: it wouldn't run in dual channel mode, it would run only at 667 MHz because of the other sticks and could be not compatible with your motherboard.
Go for the 2x1 GB kit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #16

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Ok I ordered the 1GB x 2 RAM and the GT630 GDDR5 graphics card. It's already shipped too. Once I get it and install it I will give you an update. It should be here in a few days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #17

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SwunMurrieta View Post
Ok I ordered the 1GB x 2 RAM and the GT630 GDDR5 graphics card. It's already shipped too. Once I get it and install it I will give you an update. It should be here in a few days.
Ok, keep me updated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #18

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

if ur using chrome, uninstall java and flash from your computer, as there is no reason to have them installed because flash is built into chrome. if its still lagging/ choppy, go on the video, right click on it and click settings, then uncheck "force hardware acceleration" and you should be good to go.

this always happened to me on IE too, so i just uninstalled flash and installed Chrome. also check for an update in Chrome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #19

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Quadrider10 View Post
if ur using chrome, uninstall java and flash from your computer, as there is no reason to have them installed because flash is built into chrome. if its still lagging/ choppy, go on the video, right click on it and click settings, then uncheck "force hardware acceleration" and you should be good to go.

this always happened to me on IE too, so i just uninstalled flash and installed Chrome. also check for an update in Chrome.
If he use IE too, uninstalling Java and Flash Player will no longer keep IE running correctly. Also flash player (and sometimes java) are used by a lot of other applications, so I really recommend to keep at least flash player installed.

If he disable hardware acceleration, the graphics card will not run the video and the CPU will do all the work.
A pentium D could be not enough to run 1080p online videos, especially with only 1GB of RAM...

You can try this before ordering the GT 630, but anyway i suggest to get a new GPU. It will improve drammatically your Windows experience and it will speed up everything on your pc, without needing to disable hardware acceleration or using tricks and tweaks because your old 8400 GS is bad supported by new Nvidia drivers.

Also I higly reccomend a RAM update for the reasons I described.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #20

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Yeah I already ordered everything yesterday so I am just going to install the RAM and the graphics card to keep it running the right way. Thanks for the advice quadrider10 but I really don't want to uninstall flash and java. Amazon is fast, I already received the 2 gb of RAM and I just ordered yesterday when I posted 23 hours ago. I will install this today and it says the graphics card should be here tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 GeForce 8400 GS Problems with online videos




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: GeForce 8400 GS Problems with online videos
Thread Forum
No Boot with GeForce 8400 GS and Windows 7 64bit Graphic Cards
GeForce 8400 GS detected, but not transmitting Graphic Cards
Solved Nvidia Geforce 8400 SE Graphic Cards
please help Geforce 8400 GS Driver problem Graphic Cards
nVidia Geforce 8400 GS Graphic Cards
GeForce 8400 GS 512MB Graphic Cards
Geforce 8400 RS error Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33