Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Which gpu should i go for?

17 Mar 2013   #11
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsen View Post
Ok I don't think there would be any bottlenecks with that then.

good to know it's for a new build. set up looks real good.

I have seen threads in here with laptop users wanting to upgrade their graphics cards i am currently watching a thread where a user is having issues with a desktop APU so you see all sorts of stuff in here...

I would also get a better monitor when you get the chance... 1600x900 isn't going to look as good as 1920x1080 and you won't be getting the value out of a $300 gfx card
Hehe.. Laptops ar HARD to modify. I have upgraded my ram from 4Gb to 8Gb. fairly easy. changing apu is another story hehe. Oups, there the keyboard got destroyed... and *"smack*" NOO MY MOTHERBOARD! lol. i rather buy another laptop instead of upgrade it.. the chance of messing something up is too big.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Mar 2013   #12
MPN

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

After what ive heard BenQ and ASUS got some really good monitors for gaming, that aint gonna cost half of your liver.

All you need to do is look if the monitor got the preferences you want.
Like if the monitor is 60Hz or 120Hz. And what the respond time is, if its 2ms or 5ms
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #13
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MPN View Post
After what ive heard BenQ and ASUS got some really good monitors for gaming, that aint gonna cost half of your liver.

All you need to do is look if the monitor got the preferences you want.
Like if the monitor is 60Hz or 120Hz. And what the respond time is, if its 2ms or 5ms
Hey, but livers regenerate.

I'd also stir IPS or some other superior (to TN) into the mix, just for added complexity. LED vs. fluorescent backlight is also significant. (LEDs are getting to be common, fortunately.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Mar 2013   #14
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sisrace View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsen View Post
Ok I don't think there would be any bottlenecks with that then.

good to know it's for a new build. set up looks real good.

I have seen threads in here with laptop users wanting to upgrade their graphics cards i am currently watching a thread where a user is having issues with a desktop APU so you see all sorts of stuff in here...

I would also get a better monitor when you get the chance... 1600x900 isn't going to look as good as 1920x1080 and you won't be getting the value out of a $300 gfx card
Yeah.. will get a better monitor.. do you know a cheap good 22-24" monitor?
22 is big enough, I got a 22 1080p led tv and looks great. Cost me $150 at target. Was on sale 2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #15
sisrace

 

Yeah. Monitor is a thing i will think of but i dont care too much right now. But i think im totaly sire now. Im gonna go with the gtx660 (non Ti) directcu II oc asus. Thats good compared to the radeon 7950? Go my budget down to 8400kr instead of 9000kr
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #16
nostaw5

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

The 7950 should theoretically be faster since it is a high end card and the 660ti is kinda a budget gaming card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #17
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sisrace View Post
Yeah. Monitor is a thing i will think of but i dont care too much right now. But i think im totaly sire now. Im gonna go with the gtx660 (non Ti) directcu II oc asus. Thats good compared to the radeon 7950? Go my budget down to 8400kr instead of 9000kr
It's a good choice. The 7950 is, on average, better than a 660, but not for all games.

AnandTech | Bench - GPU12
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #18
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nostaw5 View Post
The 7950 should theoretically be faster since it is a high end card and the 660ti is kinda a budget gaming card


If i take the gtx ill get 4 free games


Will se. If you recomend 7950 its probably better becouse you know better than me i suppose
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #19
nostaw5

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

If budget is a problem then the 660ti can handle most games today at high settings and resolution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #20
sisrace

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nostaw5 View Post
If budget is a problem then the 660ti can handle most games today at high settings and resolution
In the store i would buy in all the gtx 660 ti cards was out of stock
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Which gpu should i go for?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App