Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G Graphics Drivers Not Working?

22 Apr 2013   #1
SilverMonster05

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 
AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G Graphics Drivers Not Working?

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit SP1. I was going to play minecraft for the first time on this new computer and it gave me an error saying no open GL found? I was making sure I had my graphics drivers installed and realized something was wrong when it just says "standard vga graphics adapter" in the device manager for display adapters. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7342 with AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G graphics. I have tried every driver I can find, but none work. I have tried the ones on AMD's website and on Toshiba's website. Neither worked for me. Any help is appreciated!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Apr 2013   #2
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SilverMonster05 View Post
I have a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit SP1. I was going to play minecraft for the first time on this new computer and it gave me an error saying no open GL found? I was making sure I had my graphics drivers installed and realized something was wrong when it just says "standard vga graphics adapter" in the device manager for display adapters. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7342 with AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G graphics. I have tried every driver I can find, but none work. I have tried the ones on AMD's website and on Toshiba's website. Neither worked for me. Any help is appreciated!
What is the actual message you are being given when the drivers don't install?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2013   #3
SilverMonster05

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode. It says it has bad video card drivers. I know this isn't true because I downloaded the ones from Toshiba's website. They installed fine. However, under my device manager, it still says "generic pnp monitor". Minecraft has worked on this computer before with no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Apr 2013   #4
jgiels

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I would restart and put bios to default. See if windows picks up the right hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Apr 2013   #5
SilverMonster05

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Can you give more details on putting the bios to default? I went into the settings at startup and did not have any options to change with the bios.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2013   #6
Faladu

Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Box (64-bit installed) + Service Pack 1
 
 

He probably meant OPTIMAL defaults within the BIOS.

I would reinstall Direct-X and see if that fixes your Minecraft issue.

I have feeling that is all you needed, just missing the OpenGL fare from Direct-X.

Just FYI: [Read if interested or need help with insomnia]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2013   #7
SilverMonster05

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Faladu View Post
He probably meant OPTIMAL defaults within the BIOS.

I would reinstall Direct-X and see if that fixes your Minecraft issue.

I have feeling that is all you needed, just missing the OpenGL fare from Direct-X.

Just FYI: [Read if interested or need help with insomnia]

OpenGL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I tried to uninstall and reinstall direct x, but I can't since it was pre loaded on windows 7. One problem I noticed in the device manager is under "display adapter" it says "standard vga graphics adapter". I have tried updating the graphics drivers from AMD's website, but It doesn't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #8
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

why not uninstall the generic driver from the Device manager and set up the new driver through the Toshiba drivers it will give you the option to install

then after select the driver you want to install hence the amd one from Toshiba select it let it install sometimes it takes going this route just a suggestion don't take it as a fix unless it works


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #9
SilverMonster05

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
why not uninstall the generic driver from the Device manager and set up the new driver through the Toshiba drivers it will give you the option to install

then after select the driver you want to install hence the amd one from Toshiba select it let it install sometimes it takes going this route just a suggestion don't take it as a fix unless it works
This worked! Thanks for the suggestion. I had to reload the sm bus controller and usb 3.0 drivers after doing this, but I got everything working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2013   #10
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SilverMonster05 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
why not uninstall the generic driver from the Device manager and set up the new driver through the Toshiba drivers it will give you the option to install

then after select the driver you want to install hence the amd one from Toshiba select it let it install sometimes it takes going this route just a suggestion don't take it as a fix unless it works
This worked! Thanks for the suggestion. I had to reload the sm bus controller and usb 3.0 drivers after doing this, but I got everything working.
Glad it got you going
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 AMD Radeon™ HD 7640G Graphics Drivers Not Working?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
asus, AMD Radeon hd 7640g, Win 7 bad install
I have an asus x64 with 6 gig. It went wonky on me after 1½ years so I put Win 7 Enterprise on it. Win 7 did not pick up on the radeon video driver. I went to AMD and got the driver. It does fine about 2/3rds the way thru then give me a window saying 'Failed to install' with nothing else. I...
Graphic Cards
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 drivers not working
I recently decided to reinstall Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 4745G laptop with Switchable Graphics. After installing drivers with the Acer Resource DVD, I rebooted and thought everything was fine. But after checking Device Manager, I saw that my High-Performance GPU, which is ATI Mobility Radeon HD...
Graphic Cards
Updating graphics drivers on switchable graphics
HP DV6 6121tx AMD HD6770M Windows 7 64bit I just reinstalled Windows and I want to update my graphics drivers to the latest ones (13.1). I'm runnning Dynamic mode. So at first I installed the latest HP provided AMD Display drivers from HP's website AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver HP...
Graphic Cards
Ati Radeon X1250 Based Graphics and Windows 7 drivers
I need to know if anyone knows where to get a window 7 driver for an ATI Radeon X1250 intragrated graphics card? I can not change my screen resolution to be able to load the games that we often play. This system just crashed 5 days ago and it has taken many days to get it back up and...
Drivers
radeon 5770 1gb graphics card
I heard the fact this card is only 128 bit is a bad thing, i don't know too much about computers so can someone explain to me what that does and how having it that low will effect gameplay? and if it is a bad card can u pls reccomend me something in the same range? thanks :0
Graphic Cards
Ati radeon hd 3300 graphics help!!
This is one of them onboard Motherboard graphic cards. I have a DVI and a HDMI Connection..and both are connected. But I can't get both working at the same time. Can Anybody tell me if Dual screens at the same time is supported with this Motherboard Graphic card?
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App