Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: GPU Tweak Profiles Not Set

13 Aug 2013   #1
YoYo155

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
GPU Tweak Profiles Not Set

Hello

I've been using GPU Tweak (from Asus) software in-order to control my GPU's fan curve
it work pretty well except for a pesky little issue.

Every time I shutdown (or even just logout) the PC the software
"forgets" to apply my custom profile upon logon.
No matter what I do, I have to select it manually every logon!

I'm using the latest release and reinstalling it didn't help, any suggestions?




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Aug 2013   #2
wally1324

Windows 7 Professional x64 Sp1
 
 

When you make changes to GPU tweak you will see an apply button when you click the apply button you will see a save button next to the numbers click save and then below the save button the profile numbers will appear click the profile you want to save it as and then when you click the corresponding number it should set to what you saved it as


Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #3
YoYo155

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

That's the thing the profile is saved but it isn't getting applied / loaded automatically, it's frustrating!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Aug 2013   #4
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I am not familiar with Asus GPU Tweak YoYo, but do you have it set to apply OC at restart and do you have it set to load with Windows?
I guess you do, but there are usually a few different settings, one to apply, one to apply OC at restart and another to load program when Windows starts.

Just chucking a few ideas around.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2013   #5
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Tech Preview x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

I had the same problem with this when I saved a custom profile on my backup rig, every time I restarted the machine the fans would crank up to 50% on my GPU. I uninstalled the program and installed MSI Afterburner instead (which is actually better than GPU Tweak) but I still have the same problem, I just have to load Profile 1 manually when the fan ramps up which drops it back down to 28%.

If I ever get round to bothering to sort it out I'll let you know, but even though it's mildly annoying considering the fact the fan boost carried over to another program it's not bothering me enough to look into it too much. Plus that rig is on the kids' room now and they're not bothered by the loud fan when they turn it on!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2013   #6
YoYo155

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I am not familiar with Asus GPU Tweak YoYo, but do you have it set to apply OC at restart and do you have it set to load with Windows?
I guess you do, but there are usually a few different settings, one to apply, one to apply OC at restart and another to load program when Windows starts.

Just chucking a few ideas around.

Paul.
Yes Paul I do have to manually select it every time I log off (also restart/shutdown).
There is a setting to launch the software at logon but no such mention
as to the profiles being applied or not.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
I had the same problem with this when I saved a custom profile on my backup rig, every time I restarted the machine the fans would crank up to 50% on my GPU. I uninstalled the program and installed MSI Afterburner instead (which is actually better than GPU Tweak) but I still have the same problem, I just have to load Profile 1 manually when the fan ramps up which drops it back down to 28%.

If I ever get round to bothering to sort it out I'll let you know, but even though it's mildly annoying considering the fact the fan boost carried over to another program it's not bothering me enough to look into it too much. Plus that rig is on the kids' room now and they're not bothered by the loud fan when they turn it on!
I won't use MSI afterburner its a know troublemaker where Windows 7 is concerned :\.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2013   #7
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Tech Preview x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
I won't use MSI afterburner its a know troublemaker where Windows 7 is concerned :\.
I didn't know that to be honest, do you have any more info on that? I haven't had any trouble with as of yet but would like to know what problems it may cause if you don't mind.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2013   #8
YoYo155

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

You might never will, much the like some PCs
don't have any issues with SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct)
a.k.a. Daemon Tools is the most common use of it.

But you don't have to take my word for it, Visit Driver Reference Table (DRT)
and search the page for afterburner.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2013   #9
madcratebuilder

Win8/8.1,Win7-U64, Vista U64, uncounted Linux distor's
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by YoYo155 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I am not familiar with Asus GPU Tweak YoYo, but do you have it set to apply OC at restart and do you have it set to load with Windows?
I guess you do, but there are usually a few different settings, one to apply, one to apply OC at restart and another to load program when Windows starts.

Just chucking a few ideas around.

Paul.
Yes Paul I do have to manually select it every time I log off (also restart/shutdown).
There is a setting to launch the software at logon but no such mention
as to the profiles being applied or not.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
I had the same problem with this when I saved a custom profile on my backup rig, every time I restarted the machine the fans would crank up to 50% on my GPU. I uninstalled the program and installed MSI Afterburner instead (which is actually better than GPU Tweak) but I still have the same problem, I just have to load Profile 1 manually when the fan ramps up which drops it back down to 28%.

If I ever get round to bothering to sort it out I'll let you know, but even though it's mildly annoying considering the fact the fan boost carried over to another program it's not bothering me enough to look into it too much. Plus that rig is on the kids' room now and they're not bothered by the loud fan when they turn it on!
I won't use MSI afterburner its a know troublemaker where Windows 7 is concerned :\.
I have msi afterburner on 2 w7 and 1 vista machine, no problems. Saves 4 profiles and starts and applies OC with win start. YMMV
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2013   #10
YoYo155

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madcratebuilder View Post
I have msi afterburner on 2 w7 and 1 vista machine, no problems. Saves 4 profiles and starts and applies OC with win start. YMMV
That indeed.

Anyone has any ideas ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 GPU Tweak Profiles Not Set




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
7 Tweak Master PRO
What is 7 Tweak Master PRO? 7 Tweak Master PRO is the next revolutionary app for fine tuning your Windows 7 which is almost done coding and waiting for some final beta checks. This application was about to get released on this Christmas day as we planned but unfortunately due to some unexpected...
Customization
Multiple Printer Profiles; Deleting Unneeded Profiles
It has been my practice with prior versions of Windows OS's to set up multiple printer profiles, one for drafts, one for color, etc. "The Devices and Printers" section allows me to create such profiles, but does not show them individually. When I delete them in Windows, they are not deleted in...
Performance & Maintenance
Tweak me
hi all :) found this interesting program to *Tweak windows* Tweak Windows Xp, Vista and Windows 7 easily with Tweak Me *quote from site* The number of options look quite big enough to cover a wide range of operating environment of your system. It can also detect your operating system and...
Software
Tweak RAM?
I bought a Compaq CQ3220AN for work. It has a M2N68-LA (Narra6L) MOBO with 2GB generic 1333 DDR3 and 2GB Corsair 1333 DDR3. Problem is, the RAM is only running in dual channel mode and is running very slow (winsat mem gives a result of around 8900!) I can't do anything in the BIOS as it's locked. I...
Hardware & Devices
Tweak UI for W7?
Can anyone tell me if there is a version of Tweak UI that is compatible with WIN 7? TIA
Software
Tweak Problem
Hello all. I gave this a go yesterday to almost utter failure. I did get the "Testing Purposes" text removed; but when I opened anything it would default to the second monitor and then freeze, and there was nothing I could think of to get out of it. Then system restore occurred to me; which did...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App