Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New GPU problem pc shutdown

20 Sep 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
New GPU problem pc shutdown

Good Evening everybody

Bought today my new GPU (Nvidia 550GTX Ti 1GB GDDR5) cause my old(8800 GTS 640Mb) burned...My problem now is that whenever i open a game my pc shuts down without restarting.Tried benchmarking GPU and at the first 5 seconds it shuts down my whole pc...if i'm not playing games and just surf the internet watch movies it works just fine...
My PSU is Nitrox SL-550 which seemed to work good with my last GPU..

Any help would be appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Sep 2013   #2

W7 Pro x64 SP1 / W8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Can you first fill in your System Specs and we'll go from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2013   #3

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

hi sanias and welcome to Seven forums
If this is your power supply Virtalähteet - INTERTECH Nitrox SL-550W POWER SUPPLY ATX2.2, 88882077, 37.00? | Tietokonekauppa.fi verkkokauppa i would take a "guess" that it is what causing your issue. It is a budget psu and according to the spec's on the page i linked it has no pcie connector/cable to power your graphic card so i'm wondering how/what you're using to power the graphic card?

The power supply is THE most important part of your pc and should never be cheaped out on.

As Boozad said, knowing your system spec would help people to help you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Sep 2013   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

dido. its your PSU. also could be a driver issue. make sure you uninstalled your old drivers and installed the new nvidia drivers from their website
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2013   #5

W7 Pro x64 SP1 / W8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
If this is your power supply Virtalähteet - INTERTECH Nitrox SL-550W POWER SUPPLY ATX2.2, 88882077, 37.00? | Tietokonekauppa.fi verkkokauppa i would take a "guess" that it is what causing your issue. It is a budget psu and according to the spec's on the page i linked it has no pcie connector/cable to power your graphic card so i'm wondering how/what you're using to power the graphic card?

The power supply is THE most important part of your pc and should never be cheaped out on.
Good call.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2013   #6

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
If this is your power supply Virtalähteet - INTERTECH Nitrox SL-550W POWER SUPPLY ATX2.2, 88882077, 37.00? | Tietokonekauppa.fi verkkokauppa i would take a "guess" that it is what causing your issue. It is a budget psu and according to the spec's on the page i linked it has no pcie connector/cable to power your graphic card so i'm wondering how/what you're using to power the graphic card?

The power supply is THE most important part of your pc and should never be cheaped out on.
Good call.
Cheers
It could still be something entirely different but i'd hazzard a guess that it's something to do with powering that gpu.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2013   #7

W7 Pro x64 SP1 / W8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
If this is your power supply Virtalähteet - INTERTECH Nitrox SL-550W POWER SUPPLY ATX2.2, 88882077, 37.00? | Tietokonekauppa.fi verkkokauppa i would take a "guess" that it is what causing your issue. It is a budget psu and according to the spec's on the page i linked it has no pcie connector/cable to power your graphic card so i'm wondering how/what you're using to power the graphic card?

The power supply is THE most important part of your pc and should never be cheaped out on.
Good call.
Cheers
It could still be something entirely different but i'd hazzard a guess that it's something to do with powering that gpu.
It does sound likely when it's an immediate shutdown doesn't it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2013   #8

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Yeah but i think the pc wouldn't boot if there was no power going to the gpu, unless it manages to draw just enough power from the pcie slot to boot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2013   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Yeah but i think the pc wouldn't boot if there was no power going to the gpu, unless it manages to draw just enough power from the pcie slot to boot
pci-e slot is 75W gpu draws 116W so thats only a 41W difference. which means that it could be getting just enough power from pcie.


BTW recomended PSU for that card is 400W
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2013   #10

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Yeah but i think the pc wouldn't boot if there was no power going to the gpu, unless it manages to draw just enough power from the pcie slot to boot
pci-e slot is 75W gpu draws 116W so thats only a 41W difference. which means that it could be getting just enough power from pcie.


BTW recomended PSU for that card is 400W
Cheers chap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New GPU problem pc shutdown




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: New GPU problem pc shutdown
Thread Forum
Win 7 pro shutdown problem Performance & Maintenance
Shutdown Problem General Discussion
Shutdown Problem Hardware & Devices
Shutdown problem PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
unexpected shutdown problem BSOD Help and Support
Shutdown problem. General Discussion
WIN7 shutdown problem General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33