Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Amd hd8000

24 Oct 2013   #91
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
There are cheaper ways to heat my cabin. For that reason I am out.

I will be going with the green team this time.

Shame, AMD almost got it right. But Shame on them for all the waiting they made us do for info.
I was looking into 780ti if I could Sli those I would be sitting pretty

If I do go with some new toys I will going the same route and put the 7970's in the bed with the 8350

even if I could sell these guys I would get a little over 500,00 for both
I didn't do too bad selling mine, I got 225/$364 for it, but that was just before the 280X was released so I got lucky.

I am getting bored of playing the waiting game now, I just finished waiting for weeks for the 290X and now it will be a few more weeks of waiting for the 780ti.
right now I think I am good maybe when the year turns I will pick up the new offerings but for now I am getting the same as with the brand new so I mean honestly you should of kept your card longer


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Oct 2013   #92
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I disagree, if I had kept my card for even 1 week longer I would have lost another 50/$80+. I can live with the Integrated graphics a while longer knowing that I have more towards my new card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2013   #93
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I disagree, if I had kept my card for even 1 week longer I would have lost another 50/$80+. I can live with the Integrated graphics a while longer knowing that I have more towards my new card.
I am not talking about the money stand point I am talking performance wise our cards perform like a 280x

not much bang has come from the 290x which is the same as my 2x in x-fire

now as it seems the 780ti is mad attractive I can see myself hanging on a bit longer as I am not loosing anything at best they get 20 % increase which is good but I can't tell atm unless I was really struggling know what I mean ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2013   #94
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I disagree, if I had kept my card for even 1 week longer I would have lost another 50/$80+. I can live with the Integrated graphics a while longer knowing that I have more towards my new card.
I am not talking about the money stand point I am talking performance wise our cards perform like a 280x

not much bang has come from the 290x which is the same as my 2x in x-fire

now as it seems the 780ti is mad attractive I can see myself hanging on a bit longer as I am not loosing anything at best they get 20 % increase which is good but I can't tell atm unless I was really struggling know what I mean ?
If the heat had not been such an issue I would have gone for 1, here is a shot of a single 290X OC'ed to 1200MHz in 3DMark 11

It's a shame, maybe when the non reference cards come out and the cooling is under control they will be a great card.


Attached Thumbnails
Amd hd8000-3dmark11.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2013   #95
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I can say the guy on OCN was right about the design AMD need to make it a better design for cooling I mean I don't know why they keep doing this they need to say lets make a mandatory 2 fan reference design or something

most of my cards are reference except one and they all look the same
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #96
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

This would do the job, but sadly I don't have a custom water loop lol

OcUK Tech Lab H2O Custom R9 290X 4096MB GDDR5 Watercooled Graphics Card [WC-054-TL]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #97
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Paul, I never read them nor paid a whole lot of attention, for obvious reasons, but there are several guides about turning the AIO coolers into GPU coolers. I believe there is one someplace on OCN. I seem to recall one even adding a CPU block to the GPU cooler. Also, the Swiftech H2O was made so you can do that or that and add another rad to it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2013   #98
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote:
With a new Rampage IV Black Edition pushing the Intel Core i7 4970X to 6GHz and DDR3 to 2,666MHz, while packing four new R9 290X graphics cards in CrossFireX at 1,435MHz core, 1650MHz (6,600MHz effective) memory, Russian overclocker Smoke, smashed the 3DMark 11 Performance record by nearly 2,000 points to 41,531
http://rog.asus.com/268622013/overcl...0x-crossfirex/
Smoke`s 3DMark11 - Performance score: 41531 marks with a Radeon R9 290X
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2013   #99
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Nice Ryan!

I sent this link to Steve earlier, I am not sure what to make of it really. I was also reading some of the user comments on OCN, one guy bought a 290X, hated it at first, but after using it for the weekend is very happy with it, he also owns a GTX 780 and given the choice he says he would recommend the 290X to friends over the 780.

Is the AMD Radeon R9 290X too hot? | bit-tech.net
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2013   #100
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ganjiry View Post
Quote:
With a new Rampage IV Black Edition pushing the Intel Core i7 4970X to 6GHz and DDR3 to 2,666MHz, while packing four new R9 290X graphics cards in CrossFireX at 1,435MHz core, 1650MHz (6,600MHz effective) memory, Russian overclocker Smoke, smashed the 3DMark 11 Performance record by nearly 2,000 points to 41,531
Smoke Smashes 3DMark 11 Record With Quad R9 290X CrossFireX | Republic of Gamers
Smoke`s 3DMark11 - Performance score: 41531 marks with a Radeon R9 290X

This guy knows how to

I would be transfixed on a score like that you couldn't get the Koolaid smile off my face with a Crowbar that's for sure
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Amd hd8000




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App