Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: GTX 760 vs. R9 280x


28 Sep 2013   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
GTX 760 vs. R9 280x

so with the new release of the AMD cards, which one do you people think would make the best deal? the 760 is $250 and the 280x is $300. like how many more frames do you think i would be getting with the 280x compared to the 760? is it worth the extra $50?

i also use programs like Photoshop, premier, and after effects which are all optimized for cuda.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Sep 2013   #2

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post

i also use programs like Photoshop, premier, and after effects which are all optimized for cuda.
No benchmarks available for R-280X so how many frames more is difficult to answer. The 290x is rumored to be on par with the gtx 780, so the 280x should still roughly give the same performance as the current 7970.

Depends on what is more important - games performance or the apps you mentioned.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2013   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post

i also use programs like Photoshop, premier, and after effects which are all optimized for cuda.
No benchmarks available for R-280X so how many frames more is difficult to answer. The 290x is rumored to be on par with the gtx 780, so the 280x should still roughly give the same performance as the current 7970.

Depends on what is more important - games performance or the apps you mentioned.
the fire strike score on the 280x is like 2k higher then 760, but if its only like 5fps difference, it aint worth the $300. as of now im gaming on 900p but plan to upgrade to 1080p, so i want to max out all/most games. only using 1 monitor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Sep 2013   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post

i also use programs like Photoshop, premier, and after effects which are all optimized for cuda.
No benchmarks available for R-280X so how many frames more is difficult to answer. The 290x is rumored to be on par with the gtx 780, so the 280x should still roughly give the same performance as the current 7970.

Depends on what is more important - games performance or the apps you mentioned.
the fire strike score on the 280x is like 2k higher then 760, but if its only like 5fps difference, it aint worth the $300. as of now im gaming on 900p but plan to upgrade to 1080p, so i want to max out all/most games. only using 1 monitor
Bottom line here is if you want overclockability or not also the 280 is new architecture so with that being said it might do some awesome things the 700 series are still based on kepler sooooo up to you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2013   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

thats true. meh, when time comes, ill see what the prices are for each and go from there. thanks guys!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 GTX 760 vs. R9 280x




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33