Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Nvidia or AMD? GTX 760 or HD 7950?

29 Sep 2013   #1
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Nvidia or AMD? GTX 760 or HD 7950?

I have been thinking its about time for a upgrade, but I cant choose between the 2 cards, they costs the same but the 760 is better than the 7950, many people recommend me getting a AMD.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Sep 2013   #2
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I just had a chat with another Member the 7950 and 7970 will mop the floor with the 760 Overclock it or even flash the 7950 to 7970 ghz bios and you will be full on tearing it up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #3
N00berG00ber

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

they are both equal in performance, so i would go with the one thats cheaper
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Sep 2013   #4
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 / W8.1 Pro x64 / W10 Tech Preview x64 VM
 
 

Personally I'd go for the 760 over the 7950.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #5
N00berG00ber

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Personally I'd go for the 760 over the 7950.
Dido
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #6
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

AMD Radeon HD 7950 w/ Boost Versus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - Page 13 of 13 - Legit Reviews Final Thoughts and Conclusion

Better idea of what to choose they are about the same but 3gb will be more effective

That in the end makes a big difference you won't be limited by resolution with 3gb as opposed to 2 gb Vram

You can also flash a 7950 to a 7970
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #7
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
AMD Radeon HD 7950 w/ Boost Versus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - Page 13 of 13 - Legit Reviews Final Thoughts and Conclusion

Better idea of what to choose they are about the same but 3gb will be more effective

That in the end makes a big difference you won't be limited by resolution with 3gb as opposed to 2 gb Vram

You can also flash a 7950 to a 7970
Can you tell me more about this flashing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #8
Dude

Windows 8.1 Pro + Windows 10
 
 

I use NVflash, but that is for Nvidia gpu's. I will try and find something for AMD. Found this

Download ATIFlash 3.99 | techPowerUp

This will show you how to flash and where to get Bios'

http://www.overclock.net/t/640063/ho...lash-ati-cards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #9
N00berG00ber

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
AMD Radeon HD 7950 w/ Boost Versus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - Page 13 of 13 - Legit Reviews Final Thoughts and Conclusion

Better idea of what to choose they are about the same but 3gb will be more effective

That in the end makes a big difference you won't be limited by resolution with 3gb as opposed to 2 gb Vram

You can also flash a 7950 to a 7970
Can you tell me more about this flashing?
it basically allows you to run the card at a higher clock speeds without the use of a overclock program that has to startup with windows. the risk there is you could break the card perminitly. usually the warranty dosent cover that either.

if you are not bias with the manufacturer, i would just get the cheapest one. either way, with the CPU you have and the resolution you are running at, both cards will be bottlenecked. however if you upgrade your CPU, you will be able to play EVERY game on the market at max settings in the next 5 years at that resolution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #10
Razor505

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by N00berG00ber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
AMD Radeon HD 7950 w/ Boost Versus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - Page 13 of 13 - Legit Reviews Final Thoughts and Conclusion

Better idea of what to choose they are about the same but 3gb will be more effective

That in the end makes a big difference you won't be limited by resolution with 3gb as opposed to 2 gb Vram

You can also flash a 7950 to a 7970
Can you tell me more about this flashing?
it basically allows you to run the card at a higher clock speeds without the use of a overclock program that has to startup with windows. the risk there is you could break the card perminitly. usually the warranty dosent cover that either.

if you are not bias with the manufacturer, i would just get the cheapest one. either way, with the CPU you have and the resolution you are running at, both cards will be bottlenecked. however if you upgrade your CPU, you will be able to play EVERY game on the market at max settings in the next 5 years at that resolution.
I am using a AMD FX 8350, srry for the old specs. But would it bottleneck? I also looked around on Newegg and found a list of cards:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814121775
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814130932
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814130953
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814130934
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814121716
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814130933
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Nvidia or AMD? GTX 760 or HD 7950?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Gt440 vs 7950 gx2
Hey all, sorry to report my 7950 GX2 just died. :C Now I'm wondering about this card: Buy Online - ASUSTEK GF ENGT440/DI/1GD5 PCI-E 90-C1CQ50-L0UAN0BZ- from Elara Online Ireland Would this be more powerful than, or at least in the same league as a 7950 GX2? Thanks! :)
Graphic Cards
Problem with the Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX driver
Hey there, I just made a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit on my Dell XPS M1710, everything works well except the video card. I've been having some problem installing the driver for my video card (Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX), in the device manager it only shows "Standard VGA Graphics...
Graphic Cards
Nvidia 7950 disabled by windows
I just installed windows 7 ultimate, and after installing the correct drivers for my graphics card, it shows up in device manager, but in its properties it says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) I have tried several different drivers but to no avail. Could...
Drivers
Windows 7 crashing with nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX card
I have a Dell XPS M1710 notebook with a nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX graphics card. Upon installing Windows 7 32-bit, my graphics card no longer shows up in Device Manager, it simply shows "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". I attempted several times to download the latest drivers for my graphics...
Graphic Cards
Nvidia 7950
My card shows up as unknows in the screen properties and dosent show up at all on the device manager. When I try to install the new drivers it fails to find my card. I am on Windows 7 64bit. Attached is a screenshot.
Graphic Cards
Nvidia Geforce 7950 gt
Upon my Windows 7 (64bit) installation, windows installed a driver for this device? Is that correct? It's working fine. I would like to have the software that monitors the temp of the card, I really don't need to install a different driver for it, unless that is recomended, or unless the differnet...
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:11.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App