|23 May 2014||#1|
| || |
Monitor goes to sleep?
Greetings all. I have a problem I need help with. When I initially start my computer - all specs are here: Windows 7 Help Forums - View Profile: WartHog. My monitor will be fine for a few minutes and then it's like it goes to into sleep mode. When it does this it does not say monitor not detected or give me any other indication of problems. Then when I shut it off and turn it back on it comes back on for about 5 seconds and then goes back to a black screen. If I shut the monitor off and leave it off for a while it'll stay on again for the initial few minutes. I have tried:
* A second monitor
* Different cables and connectors (VGA, HDMI, and DVI-I)
* A 2nd graphics card (just installed a GEForce GT 610) Funny, when I installed this card yesterday the monitor stayed on for about 15-20 minutes and then it went back to the symptoms I described earlier.
* Reinstalled monitor drivers
* Multiple times I have gone into the power options and verified/reset to prevent the monitor from going into sleep mode
* I checked device manager and there are no flags for my monitor
I have not gone into BIOS yet, nor have I taken the BIOS battery out and reinstalled it.
I am stumped and would love some help. One major limiting factor though is my roughly 5-minute troubleshooting window on startup.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Monitor goes to sleep?|
|Help! Monitor will not go to sleep!!!!||Graphic Cards|
|system sleep/monitor sleep - changes to AERO||Installation & Setup|
|Monitor not turning on after going to sleep?||Performance & Maintenance|
|MCE / Monitor goes to sleep||Media Center|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.