Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Motherboard Slot for Video Card Help

04 Jul 2014   #1
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
Motherboard Slot for Video Card Help

I am playing with the idea of getting a new Video Card just because the one I have is old. I was looking at my MB. I have two PCIE 16X slots. One of them is black and one is blue. My current card is in a blue one. 90% of the slots are blue so the black one leads me to believe it would be faster. There is nothing in my manual to give me any info and I saw nothing on the MB to indicate anything. Anyone have any idea why one is black and one is blue? Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jul 2014   #2
AddRAM

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Use the top slot closest to the cpu

Post a link to your board.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2014   #3
Total

Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I am playing with the idea of getting a new Video Card just because the one I have is old. I was looking at my MB. I have two PCIE 16X slots. One of them is black and one is blue. My current card is in a blue one. 90% of the slots are blue so the black one leads me to believe it would be faster. There is nothing in my manual to give me any info and I saw nothing on the MB to indicate anything. Anyone have any idea why one is black and one is blue? Thanks
From page 9 in your Asus P8Z68-V LX manual - under expansion slots .

2 X PCI Express 2.0x16 slots (Blue@ X16 mode , black@ x4 mode ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jul 2014   #4
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Total View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I am playing with the idea of getting a new Video Card just because the one I have is old. I was looking at my MB. I have two PCIE 16X slots. One of them is black and one is blue. My current card is in a blue one. 90% of the slots are blue so the black one leads me to believe it would be faster. There is nothing in my manual to give me any info and I saw nothing on the MB to indicate anything. Anyone have any idea why one is black and one is blue? Thanks
From page 9 in your Asus P8Z68-V LX manual - under expansion slots .

2 X PCI Express 2.0x16 slots (Blue@ X16 mode , black@ x4 mode ..
Thank you very much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2014   #5
Total

Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Total View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I am playing with the idea of getting a new Video Card just because the one I have is old. I was looking at my MB. I have two PCIE 16X slots. One of them is black and one is blue. My current card is in a blue one. 90% of the slots are blue so the black one leads me to believe it would be faster. There is nothing in my manual to give me any info and I saw nothing on the MB to indicate anything. Anyone have any idea why one is black and one is blue? Thanks
From page 9 in your Asus P8Z68-V LX manual - under expansion slots .

2 X PCI Express 2.0x16 slots (Blue@ X16 mode , black@ x4 mode ..
Thank you very much.
Np , happy to help . I like the asus boards too , they are rock solid ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Motherboard Slot for Video Card Help




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What kind of PCI slot for video does this MB have? ×1,×4, ×16?
And would a PCI-E ×16 video card work on it? I ask because some told me it's PCI×16 some said it's AGP. I'm confused ASRock > 4CoreDual-SATA2
Graphic Cards
Wpuld this video card work on this motherboard?
I have this video card nVidia GeForce 7200 GS Video Card - Reviews, Specifications, and Pictures - GPUReview.com And i want to buy this motherboard: ASRock > Products > P5B-DE And this CPU:
General Discussion
needs a new slot bracket for my video card
hello i have a geforce gts 250 and i am in need of a new slot bracket for it either the high profile or low profile and i cant seem to find just the brackets any place online. thought i would check here and maybe someone has a good site to get parts like this.. thanks
Graphic Cards
pcie 2.0 video card on pcie 1.1 slot
I am planning to upgrade my video card. I saw this one from Nvidia. Geforce GTS 450. I checked the specs and i saw the "bus" and it says PCI-E 2.0 x 16. My motherboard(Asus P5G41T-MLX3) has PCIe x16. I also have researched that the PCIE is backward compatible meaning the GTS 450 is compatible with...
Graphic Cards
Motherboard or Video card
Hi .. When I sit at the computer so I got black screen and my three red LEDs on my Powercolor 4890 glow got strange sound from the data with .. Now to my question huh the motherboard or video card that stop working or ????? Has never happened before .. MVH DjMollet
Hardware & Devices
Motherboard video and video card in same PC
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. The HP I have has onboard video. I wanted to be able to add a video card and attach a cable to it for using my Vizio TV for DVD's. I connected a regular video cable from the TV and wanted to connect it to the video card. I had an old NVideo card that I installed and...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:50.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App