Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Install AGP Drivers for HD 3850, 3650, 2400 PRO

07 Nov 2009   #11

Windows7
 
 

Do you know can I get my radeonX1950pro(AGP) working ? I couldn't install drivers on win7beta.. I don't want to install full version if I can't get my graphics card working..
Thanks..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Nov 2009   #12

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Steve385 View Post
Do you know can I get my radeonX1950pro(AGP) working ? I couldn't install drivers on win7beta.. I don't want to install full version if I can't get my graphics card working..
Thanks..
ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

Extract the installer to C:\ATI then close it.

Right click on video card. Update driver software. Browse. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse. Find the .inf. Double click on it. Hit ok.

If it doesn't work, .rar the .inf and attach the .rar to a post. Also then, right click card, properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste results here. No screenshot as alternative.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Nov 2009   #13

 
 
Thank You for Sapphire 3650 support

I had the Sapphire 3650 running perfectly on my old test PC perfectly with the Windows 7 Beta and RC. When I installed the retail version of Win 7, I decided to download the latest Drivers from Sapphire. After I installed the new drivers nothing happened. I tried it over and over. Finally I googled driver problems for the 3650 and found this post. I was sceptical at first, but I followed your instructions in this post. Yeeehaah! It worked first time. torrentg is truly awesome. I had to download Winrar to extract the files. I didn't even know what that was for before this. Too bad Sapphire can'nt clean up their drivers on their own. There is no need of that. Thanks Again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Nov 2009   #14

Windows7
 
 

Thanks mate.. I will download Windows 7 and install it and try to what you told me and then will report back.. Is it ok if I sent you PM ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Nov 2009   #15

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Sure, if you need to. If you follow what I said, it won't be necessary though. Possibly an edit in the .inf may be needed. That's all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #16

win 7
 
 

Hello! This is my first post here... I just installed Windows 7, and i am having trouble with my display driver. I have installed Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and i have a HIS Radeon HD3850 512mb AGP card. I have tried to download the driver from ATI/AMD and from HIS, but no luck. The driver from ATI/AMD don't even get installed as promised, and the driver from HIS installs, but i get an error saying that "the driver wasent installed, this driver is not for this operating system" or something like that.
Can you help me?


Edit: I think we have the same card, mister torrentg!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #17

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by toei View Post
Hello! This is my first post here... I just installed Windows 7, and i am having trouble with my display driver. I have installed Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and i have a HIS Radeon HD3850 512mb AGP card. I have tried to download the driver from ATI/AMD and from HIS, but no luck. The driver from ATI/AMD don't even get installed as promised, and the driver from HIS installs, but i get an error saying that "the driver wasent installed, this driver is not for this operating system" or something like that.
Can you help me?
Hi and welcome.

Since you installed x64, you will need to find a way to permanently disable driver enforcement or use f8 when starting the machine to disable.

Attach the .inf from the driver install after your extract from it, to a post using the paperclip. You'll have to use Winrar on it first. It will be in C:\ATI somewhere. So...attach the .rar file.

I'll edit it and then you can download my version to replace yours. (Replace and overwrite, while copying.)


Awesome about same card. It performs like crazy especially when overclocked!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #18

win 7
 
 

Okey, i think i rared the right file.
Thanks so much for helping... Was on my way to re-install windows xp!



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by toei View Post
Hello! This is my first post here... I just installed Windows 7, and i am having trouble with my display driver. I have installed Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and i have a HIS Radeon HD3850 512mb AGP card. I have tried to download the driver from ATI/AMD and from HIS, but no luck. The driver from ATI/AMD don't even get installed as promised, and the driver from HIS installs, but i get an error saying that "the driver wasent installed, this driver is not for this operating system" or something like that.
Can you help me?
Hi and welcome.

Since you installed x64, you will need to find a way to permanently disable driver enforcement or use f8 when starting the machine to disable.

Attach the .inf from the driver install after your extract from it, to a post using the paperclip. You'll have to use Winrar on it first. It will be in C:\ATI somewhere. So...attach the .rar file.

I'll edit it and then you can download my version to replace yours. (Replace and overwrite, while copying.)


Awesome about same card. It performs like crazy especially when overclocked!


Attached Files
File Type: rar C7_83743.rar (9.2 KB, 199 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #19

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Do as I said above. Then you can follow my first post in the thread on how to install from it. Good luck and enjoy!


Attached Files
File Type: rar C7_83743.rar (8.5 KB, 200 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #20

win 7
 
 

Strange... When i loaded the driver, and rebooted, my computer wouldent start. So i had to restore to a earlier point. Could it be that i need to use the CH_83743.inf driver, and not the C7_83743.inf driver?
Many thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Install AGP Drivers for HD 3850, 3650, 2400 PRO




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Install AGP Drivers for HD 3850, 3650, 2400 PRO
Thread Forum
ATI Radeon HD 3850 Install Error Graphic Cards
HP Deskjet 3650 Drivers Drivers
Sapphire 3650 AGP GDDR Drivers Graphic Cards
HD 3850, which DirectX to install? Graphic Cards
Need help with drivers for an ATI Radeon HD 3650 Drivers
ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP install problem Graphic Cards
help me fix my 3850 Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33