Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need video card for Windows 7 Ultimate


14 Nov 2009   #11

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by casino3 View Post
System Manufacturer: AWARD_
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM

So, will either of the two cards listed above work???
You have listed the bios for the board not the board itself. Usualy if you open your case, next to the Ram slots it will list the make and model of the board, Like Asus,gigabyte,Intel,Abit , Foxcon,MSI,ect.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Nov 2009   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
First off, I thank you in advance for your responses,

My Bad, actually had this sitting in front of me, MB specs are as follows:

AMPTRON
XP4-6540G
Socket 478 Int Pen 400/533/800mhz
Intel SIS661FX
2 DDR 400
Supports high performance Graphic accelerator..
blah blah blah...

Oh, by the way, I'm also getting a non-related error on boot-up. Seems that it doesn't want to recognize my Logitech Wave wireless keyboard and wireless Logitech Performance MX mouse. "Cannot locate keyboard", I plug a wired one to get it to boot. Then everything works fine, current drivers are installed and all... BTW, if you haven't seen the P mx mouse yet, ya got too.

So, now, will either of the those cards work?, I know my system is old as dirt but this is the last upgrade for this PC, then I'm going to build a nice little windows home server.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
a little more clarity

XP4-6540G - AMPTRON

Product Highlight

Socket 478 Intel Pentium® 4 Processor with FSB 400/533/800MHz
Supports up to 3.2GHz
Intel SiS661FX(Northbridge)/SiS963L(Southbridge)
2 DDR400/333/266 Memory up to 2GB
Supports high performance & high quality 3D Graphic accelerator, w/ 128MB shared memory
AGP 8X slot
Support 6 USB 2.0 Ports
Supports Dual IDE ATA66/100/133
CNR slot
6 Channel AC97 Audio
Onboard LAN
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Nov 2009   #14

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

You will have to get a reply from torentg. I know he has said that the nforce3 boards are a no go, and a socket 478 well that's even further back.But if anyone can he can. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #15

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by casino3 View Post
XP4-6540G - AMPTRON

Product Highlight

Socket 478 Intel Pentium® 4 Processor with FSB 400/533/800MHz
Supports up to 3.2GHz
Intel SiS661FX(Northbridge)/SiS963L(Southbridge)
2 DDR400/333/266 Memory up to 2GB
Supports high performance & high quality 3D Graphic accelerator, w/ 128MB shared memory
AGP 8X slot
Support 6 USB 2.0 Ports
Supports Dual IDE ATA66/100/133
CNR slot
6 Channel AC97 Audio
Onboard LAN
Well that is quite old, but it should work. I haven't seen any evidence against the SiS63L chipset, so I give thumbs up on it. Please note though, that this is no guarantee. Just my basic gut instincts that it should be fine. Especially if you currently do not have any exclamation points in the device manager.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #16

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by satriaone View Post
Pls help me
Driver NVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP8x 128Mb, why not support windows 7 ?
Please driver
Thanks a lot
lol NVIDIA has drivers up for this card for Windows 95.

Sorry, it will never work on Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #17

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by casino3 View Post
XP4-6540G - AMPTRON

Product Highlight

Socket 478 Intel Pentium® 4 Processor with FSB 400/533/800MHz
Supports up to 3.2GHz
Intel SiS661FX(Northbridge)/SiS963L(Southbridge)
2 DDR400/333/266 Memory up to 2GB
Supports high performance & high quality 3D Graphic accelerator, w/ 128MB shared memory
AGP 8X slot
Support 6 USB 2.0 Ports
Supports Dual IDE ATA66/100/133
CNR slot
6 Channel AC97 Audio
Onboard LAN
Well that is quite old, but it should work. I haven't seen any evidence against the SiS63L chipset, so I give thumbs up on it. Please note though, that this is no guarantee. Just my basic gut instincts that it should be fine. Especially if you currently do not have any exclamation points in the device manager.
Sounds good, I'm going with one of those cards and we'll see what happens. Not holding you to it Thanks for the helpful info. Posted positive remarks under your sevenforums reputation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #18

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by satriaone View Post
Pls help me
Driver NVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP8x 128Mb, why not support windows 7 ?
Please driver
Thanks a lot
lol NVIDIA has drivers up for this card for Windows 95.

Sorry, it will never work on Windows 7.

Thank you Bro,
and AGP support what Windows 7 ? how minimum memory AGP ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #19

Windows 7
 
 

Pls help me
Driver VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP, why not support windows 7 ?
Please driver
Thanks a lot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #20

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by satriaone View Post
Pls help me
Driver VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP, why not support windows 7 ?
Please driver
Thanks a lot
That's another XP-only video solution. No Vista/7 drivers made according to Via's site I just checked on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need video card for Windows 7 Ultimate




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33