Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need video card for Windows 7 Ultimate

18 Nov 2009   #21
casino3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
I'm back and no worky

Installed the the new ATI Radeon 4650 1gb DDR2 Dual DVI TV (AGP) replacing the 9200
Card is not being recognized. Get the ol' Standard VGA grahpics in Device manager. No Yellow questions marks
Cd doesn't work for crap
Went to XFX and grapped the latest drivers, no worky
Went to the post on this site for latest ATI Radeon drivers, installed CCC, tried installing out of there and it throws me a popup stating can load with OS, looks like its for Vista OS
Search online and grabbed the driver itself, no worky...HELP please.
Thx


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2009   #22
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by casino3 View Post
Installed the the new ATI Radeon 4650 1gb DDR2 Dual DVI TV (AGP) replacing the 9200
Card is not being recognized. Get the ol' Standard VGA grahpics in Device manager. No Yellow questions marks
Cd doesn't work for crap
Went to XFX and grapped the latest drivers, no worky
Went to the post on this site for latest ATI Radeon drivers, installed CCC, tried installing out of there and it throws me a popup stating can load with OS, looks like its for Vista OS
Search online and grabbed the driver itself, no worky...HELP please.
Thx
Hey. Follow the install method here. I edited it already for your card so you can install now without doing anything else. Enjoy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #23
casino3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torrentg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by casino3 View Post
Installed the the new ATI Radeon 4650 1gb DDR2 Dual DVI TV (AGP) replacing the 9200
Card is not being recognized. Get the ol' Standard VGA grahpics in Device manager. No Yellow questions marks
Cd doesn't work for crap
Went to XFX and grapped the latest drivers, no worky
Went to the post on this site for latest ATI Radeon drivers, installed CCC, tried installing out of there and it throws me a popup stating can load with OS, looks like its for Vista OS
Search online and grabbed the driver itself, no worky...HELP please.
Thx
Hey. Follow the install method here. I edited it already for your card so you can install now without doing anything else. Enjoy.
I'll try it, thx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Nov 2009   #24
casino3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Where's your attachment located?
(CL_91526.rar

sorry, I see it..
let's try it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #25
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by casino3 View Post
Where's your attachment located?
(CL_91526.rar
In the first post of thread I linked you to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #26
louise071

Windows Vista
 
 

Driver NVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP8x 128Mb, should support windows 7. you downloaded the wrong driver

__________________________________________________________

Technology expert and member of youserbase, the technology wiki
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #27
casino3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Results from 4650

It appears to be working now, but looks like it needs a few minor adjustments.
Dual monitors,(done) screen res.(done), and full web page opens up but contents/text only appear in the center 1/3 of the screen.???
Using 1920 x 1080 res on a 24" wide Dell....What stupid quick adjustment am I'm missing?

And, as to your awesome fix, what did you add to that driver?, a script in the Cl_rar file?
If so, does that mean that anyone who owns this card and is running Win7 is having the same driver issue that I had?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #28
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by louise071 View Post
Driver NVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP8x 128Mb, should support windows 7. you downloaded the wrong driver

__________________________________________________________

Technology expert and member of youserbase, the technology wiki
Are you alright over there Louise? heh

...just checkin.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #29
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by casino3 View Post
It appears to be working now, but looks like it needs a few minor adjustments.
Dual monitors,(done) screen res.(done), and full web page opens up but contents/text only appear in the center 1/3 of the screen.???
Using 1920 x 1080 res on a 24" wide Dell....What stupid quick adjustment am I'm missing?

And, as to your awesome fix, what did you add to that driver?, a script in the Cl_rar file?
If so, does that mean that anyone who owns this card and is running Win7 is having the same driver issue that I had?
There's no driver "issue." You're using the same driver/settings as everyone else in the world that downloaded from ATI.

Post a screenshot if you want. Maybe we can help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #30
casino3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Will do...as soon as I get home from work...
Thx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need video card for Windows 7 Ultimate




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Video/Audio Stuttering
Every few minutes to a hour my audio does this stuttering sound and either the ingame video I am running will stuttering or a slight screen freeze if I am not playing anything. It will only happen for a few seconds then go back to normal. I am not sure why this has started happening as the rig I...
Music, Pictures & Video
USB external video card or AGP Video Card for Windows 7?
Hello everyone. I currently need a new video card for my Gateway e4610 small form desktop PC because my on-board graphics have apparently gone bad. My display is slanted or out of alignment. And after testing different monitors, hard drives, moving the PC to different rooms, checking wires,...
Graphic Cards
BSOD -- Windows 7 Ultimate x64 -- Watching video on Hulu
Hi Sevenforums, I've been encountering a bunch of BSOD's lately for some reason. I'm going to upload the latest one and hopefully after fixing it, other BSOD's with different error codes will stop as well. I built this computer just about a month ago. Mobo is GA-970A-UD3 with AMD X4 965...
BSOD Help and Support
How to download video driver for Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit?
How to download video driver Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller for Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit?
Graphic Cards
video card problem with windows 7 ultimate
i currently have windows vista home premium on my toshiba a200 and i installed windows 7 ultimate on it and it turned out that my driver on video card is not detected it says on my display adapter standard vga graphics..i had trouble on it because i dont know the name of my video card..(windows 7...
Graphic Cards
XP & 7 Ultimate x86[32bit] video card issues...
i have installed dual boot with my pc XP 32bit and 7 Ult 32bit and a PCIE ait radeon x1600 with 512Mb memory.. problem is when i boot with 7 my video graphic card in "dxdiag" registers about 1200+ of memory while when i boot with windows xp with drivers loaded it only stays with 512Mb of memory....
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App