Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PC games lag and Graphic's card not seen by PC

12 Dec 2015   #61
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Through the years I have tried Driver Programs and all they did was cause problems and took forever to hunt them
down and remove all the foot prints.

With that birds nest of wires and harness how would one even know if the video card was even plugged in properly and the
proper harness plugged into the proper places?
Their is enough crud in that computer to start a potato patch.

So my suggestions are simple starting with some basics.

1. Clean the filth out of the computer.
2. Clean up that birds nest of wiring and then verify everything is plugged in properly. It's called cable management.
3. Verify that the proper drivers are installed from the manufacture of the video card.
4. Do as Golden suggested; run sfc /scannow and see if Windows 7 System is having any problems.
-----------
When those things are done we need to know the results. Then we can give more guidance.
Their may or may not be more problems.
If the power supply fan and innards have the crud I think it has, its probable well done toast.
DO NOT take the power supply apart to clean.
4. *Do as BTA suggested.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Dec 2015   #62
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

Just for the record... are you able to test that VGA in another cappable PC? Just to know if it is not dead...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2015   #63
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote:
How will a ckdsk fix a graphics card issue?
Hmm just thought it a bit logical to do one if the SFC is going to be done anyway I will keep out of this one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Dec 2015   #64
mesmerrow

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mesmerrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Well presumably it is the power cables you are seeing those are the only ones that are plugged into the graphics card inside the case and it seems Acer has done some cable management.
But yes please a picture might come in handy.

Or if this is becoming too technical for you then you can bring it to the shop where you bought the computer and get help there, but that means that you need to have the receipt and warranty under control.
I turned the pc on while having the upper metal plate off, and the AMD graphics card's fan is running fine, as well as the other fans inside the pc, i spotted nothing unusual.

PS: I do remove the dust very carefully once in a while.

It's an old desktop from 2012 from an official electronics's store, i don't think they will.
Uhm, alright well sorry for not replying sooner I'm just baffled as what the issue might be.

Not that this has anything to do with this specific error but could you perform this:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Just to make sure that we aren't looking at this issue in the wrong way.

Just did as you recommended and it found no issues, i even ran it twice just to be sure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2015   #65
mesmerrow

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FerchogtX View Post
Just for the record... are you able to test that VGA in another cappable PC? Just to know if it is not dead...
No i only have one desktop pc, but maybe i could try to connect it from my pc to my smart tv, would that count ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2015   #66
mesmerrow

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Through the years I have tried Driver Programs and all they did was cause problems and took forever to hunt them
down and remove all the foot prints.

With that birds nest of wires and harness how would one even know if the video card was even plugged in properly and the
proper harness plugged into the proper places?
Their is enough crud in that computer to start a potato patch.

So my suggestions are simple starting with some basics.

1. Clean the filth out of the computer.
2. Clean up that birds nest of wiring and then verify everything is plugged in properly. It's called cable management.
3. Verify that the proper drivers are installed from the manufacture of the video card.
4. Do as Golden suggested; run sfc /scannow and see if Windows 7 System is having any problems.
-----------
When those things are done we need to know the results. Then we can give more guidance.
Their may or may not be more problems.
If the power supply fan and innards have the crud I think it has, its probable well done toast.
DO NOT take the power supply apart to clean.

To be honest i have not touched the inside much and i have done some dust cleaning on it very carefully before.

i have checked that everything is properly connected and (nearly) dust free twice since this problem started.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2015   #67
mesmerrow

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Yep well I would even throw in Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

But see my pics for testing the volts - the important thing is you keep yourself grounded by touching the case a few times and NOT touching the PSU
Just did a disk check but nothing new.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2015   #68
mesmerrow

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

I am sorry for being away for so long but i had some personal matters to take care of, well i am back !

And i still need help with this sadly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2015   #69
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Mate if you can test that PSU because if the machine is that old then it is indeed a likely cause of problems
Just to remind you
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
ATX Minimum Specs:

3.3v Rail (ORANGE) (Min: 3.14v Max: 3.47v)

5v Rail (RED) (Min: 4.75v Max: 5.25v)

12v Rail (YELLOW) (Min: 11.4v Max: 12.6v)

(GREY CABLE PIN 8 - 5v = Power Good signal)

0v “Rail” (ALL BLACK cables, case, and board fixing screws)
See this for the rail voltage info
Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications - Power Supplies (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

Now all I want to see is that section as in the pic of the voltage rails - if you have problems posting a pic just type what the voltages are or ask


Attached Thumbnails
PC games lag and Graphic's card not seen by PC-hw-info-desktop-psu.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2015   #70
mesmerrow

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Mate if you can test that PSU because if the machine is that old then it is indeed a likely cause of problems
Just to remind you
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
ATX Minimum Specs:

3.3v Rail (ORANGE) (Min: 3.14v Max: 3.47v)

5v Rail (RED) (Min: 4.75v Max: 5.25v)

12v Rail (YELLOW) (Min: 11.4v Max: 12.6v)

(GREY CABLE PIN 8 - 5v = Power Good signal)

0v “Rail” (ALL BLACK cables, case, and board fixing screws)
See this for the rail voltage info
Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications - Power Supplies (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

Now all I want to see is that section as in the pic of the voltage rails - if you have problems posting a pic just type what the voltages are or ask

As i stated previously this program is a bit too complicated for me and the screenshots only add's to the confusion since i am looking at different words and numbers (not the percents)

But i tried one more time and here is the results.

PS: I am not 100% sure what you want to see so i took screenshots of it all.


Attached Thumbnails
PC games lag and Graphic's card not seen by PC-hwinfo-01.png   PC games lag and Graphic's card not seen by PC-hwinfo-02.png  
Attached Images
PC games lag and Graphic's card not seen by PC-hwinfo-03.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PC games lag and Graphic's card not seen by PC




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Graphic card frame freezes on certain games
While playing League of Legends or Smite i've been getting some frame freezes every 3-5 minutes. If I open Diablo, or any other game I don't have any of these problems though. I never had this problem before, and this has just come up after i reformatted my computer to get my OS on my SSD and...
Graphic Cards
My graphic card isn't functioning properly, games/videos won't load
I've been having this problem for a while now, and I stopped using my Windows desktop and started using my Chromebook instead. I just got back into using my desktop again, and I restarted it factory fresh. After installing all possible Windows updates, installing the latest graphics drivers, and...
Graphic Cards
GFX card drivers crash when playing graphic intensive games
About 7 months ago, i had to RMA a graphics card cause it kept causing BSOD's. The graphics card I had received from EVGA seemed to be dead on arrival so I RMA'd that one as well. The next one(my current graphics card) worked for about 6 months. About a couple days ago it started to get intense...
BSOD Help and Support
graphic driver can't detect graphic card
Hi, i'm running window 7 32-bit OS. My graphic card is (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics) My problem is that after i went to www.amd.com, downloaded,uninstall the old catalyst and installed a new catalyst which matches my OS and yet i got this message whenever i tried to run that catalyst. "No AMD...
Drivers
Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help!
First of all: I don't know too much about computers, so use easy language please. I have sent in my computer to get repaired and got it back yestersay. Since then i've been trying to get it to work properly again. I can't play any of the games I used to play before I sent it in to get...
Graphic Cards
Need help for Graphic card ang on games
Hi, I have a Gigabyte G31 motherboard with Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz, 2GB Ram, OS- Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. I am looking to buy a graphic card (not so expensive), which can play COD 4 , Crysis, Far Cry etc... games like this. Please help.... Also, when i run COD2 on my present system ,...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App