Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: DVI No Signal

24 Jan 2016   #1
ijun

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
DVI No Signal

Monitor suddenly shows DVI no signal when i'm starting up my computer, it has been occurring quite often randomly..
tried changing the DVI cable once, works fine then the problem occurs again sometimes after.
tried using vga cable with dvi adapter too, working fine.
Monitor model was ASUS vs239h, need help on this problem, sorry for bad english!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Jan 2016   #2
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

I would suspect the video card. When you first start (before Windows loads the video driver) the video card is supposed to start in a basic VGA mode (and output via the DVI connection). Sounds like the video card is not starting properly.

First suggestion would be to reseat the video card and if it has a DVI power connection, reseat that too.
Reseat, with the PC powered off, open the case and remove the video card (and power connector). Reinstall the card making sure it is correctly seated and the power connector fully connected.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2016   #3
ijun

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I would suspect the video card. When you first start (before Windows loads the video driver) the video card is supposed to start in a basic VGA mode (and output via the DVI connection). Sounds like the video card is not starting properly.

First suggestion would be to reseat the video card and if it has a DVI power connection, reseat that too.
Reseat, with the PC powered off, open the case and remove the video card (and power connector). Reinstall the card making sure it is correctly seated and the power connector fully connected.
I haved tried reseating the video card before, it seems to be the same.. However when i start up my computer i need to wait for around 3 to 4 seconds for the video cards light to light up then i am able to start the computer, is it normal?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jan 2016   #4
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

I don't get display immediately when I power up. It is a few seconds before I get my BIOS "splash" screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2016   #5
ijun

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I don't get display immediately when I power up. It is a few seconds before I get my BIOS "splash" screen.
Oh thanks. For the DVI no signal, may i know do you have any other alternative solution for it? As i have tried reseating the video card before but to no avail.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2016   #6
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

No. That is a hardware function in the Video Card. Possibly a BIOS issue but I would more suspect the Video Card. If there is a firmware update for the Video card that is one remote chance. Another remote possibility is a BIOS upgrade.

If there is a BIOS upgrade, check what the BIOS upgrade does and if it does not address the video problem I would not install it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2016   #7
ijun

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
No. That is a hardware function in the Video Card. Possibly a BIOS issue but I would more suspect the Video Card. If there is a firmware update for the Video card that is one remote chance. Another remote possibility is a BIOS upgrade.

If there is a BIOS upgrade, check what the BIOS upgrade does and if it does not address the video problem I would not install it.
Ths just happen.. My screen suddenly freeze and when i restart my computer, it freezes again when i'm inside windows. This happen while i'm using the vga cable...
When i use my dvi cable connected on the mobo dvi port it says no signal but it works when i uses the vga cable to connect to the mobo vga port..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2016   #8
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

I would still suspect a hardware issue with the video card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2016   #9
ijun

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I would still suspect a hardware issue with the video card.
Okay thanks i'll try to reseat the video card on next weekend when i'm free. I should update my BIOS too? Below is the update of the bios
1. Add ME FW version in BIOS Setup.
2. Add NVMe type SSD support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2016   #10
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

Doesn't look like anything that would affect video.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 DVI No Signal




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New GPU getting no signal
Got a replacement GTX 770 SuperClocked from EVGA today, after my 670 burned out. I'd been running on my older HD 6970 in the meantime. When I was ready, restarted in safe mode and ran display driver uninstaller (probably should've uninstalled Catalyst first) and shutdown. Installed the GTX 770,...
Graphic Cards
Tv No Signal
Ok i tried to hook up my hdmi cable from my computer to my lg hd tv, but i get no signal, i tried detecting the tv but nothing came up. I have a Nvidia geforce 8600 Gt And a Gigabyte: GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard. Thanks!
Graphic Cards
WMC and TV Tuner - No Signal / Too Weak a Signal
I have owned several TV Tuners in the past and this is the first OS that has given me problems. I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1950 (USB 2.0hs) and cannot get a picture from my Cox Cable Service in Orange County, Southern CA. Installed the 64bit driver from Hauppauge. According to Device...
Media Center
how to get tv signal into my pc?
Hi, I have a LCD TV, and a PC, but i no tv tuner card install on my pc. My TV and HTPC are connect via 1.3a HDMI cable. And I've look in TV section in WMC, but it said its need tv tuner card So, how can i get TV's signal into my PC without buying that card, by using some software that can get...
Media Center
No TV Signal
I am currently have a hauppauge 950Q tuner hooked up to my windows 7 computer. I have been having a problem where after about watching tv for about 6 minutes in windows media center it says that i have no tv signal and the image stops. It then says something about low bit rate. I would really like...
Media Center
Signal
I think I'm missing something but I'm having a hard time getting a signal. Keeps telling me there is no signal for this station etc. Here's my configuration which afforded me to get my channels and saw a signal when configuring. I have Time Warner with Road Runner so I have two splitters. The first...
Media Center


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App