Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Driverpack Solution Problem Keyboard and Mouse is not Working

08 Apr 2016   #1
Jumonji

Windows 7 64bit
 
 
Driverpack Solution Problem Keyboard and Mouse is not Working

It all started that when I'm using my PC, the system is issuing an error saying that the display driver is not compatible, the pc's LED screen just randomly became pixelated then the displays turns to black, then back again to normal... so in my experience, I always update my drivers with driver pack solution. When It was at 40% installing updates including the recommended programs, the screen blinks (which is normal when installing other driver updates), at that moment, my keyboard and mouse is not working. Is it the USB port drivers that is the problem? or the Driver pack solution? I don't know how to fix this.

The great thing is, I can use the keyboard when booting. I can input the boot options, but I dont really know how this work.

It would be a great help if I can fix this. I don't want to try random things, maybe it would make it more terrible than it already is.
PLEASE HELP!!




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Apr 2016   #2
Sylveon Fetish

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Is this a laptop or desktop? I had a similar issue fixing a friend's laptop once when I tried Driverpack solution. If it is a laptop, try a mouse in a USB port, if it is a Desktop, try a different mouse in a different port. You would need to get a mouse working before the keyboard. in the lower-left corner of the logon screen, there should be an icon to log in using a on-screen keyboard. once in Windows, go to the device manager and remove all keyboard and mouse drivers, restart. log in the same way using the on-screen keyboard, and Windows will reinstall the Microsoft ones. Stay away from Keyboard and Mouse drivers from Driverpack Solution. I only had maybe one or two that actually worked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2016   #3
Jumonji

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sylveon Fetish View Post
Is this a laptop or desktop? I had a similar issue fixing a friend's laptop once when I tried Driverpack solution. If it is a laptop, try a mouse in a USB port, if it is a Desktop, try a different mouse in a different port. You would need to get a mouse working before the keyboard. in the lower-left corner of the logon screen, there should be an icon to log in using a on-screen keyboard. once in Windows, go to the device manager and remove all keyboard and mouse drivers, restart. log in the same way using the on-screen keyboard, and Windows will reinstall the Microsoft ones. Stay away from Keyboard and Mouse drivers from Driverpack Solution. I only had maybe one or two that actually worked
Here it is, I just used a different mouse. At first I thought that the mouse would work because it lights up, but I don't know why the cursor won't move. I used every mouse I have, I also bought a new one for me last week and that mouse also won't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Apr 2016   #4
Sylveon Fetish

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

I am not sure because my friend's was a laptop and it was the touch pad and keyboard not working, experiment with different mice IIRC it took me three or four mice to find a working one. It may have been because it was a mouse I never put into the computer before. I borrowed it from a work PC.

As for Driverpack Solution, Driverpack Solution should only be used to install drivers that you don't have and should never be used to update ones you have. I had similar issues occur with many programs that install drivers automatically. I had IOBit (paid) give me the wrong graphics driver for a Dell and BleepingComputer.com gave me a good driver. it is best to stick to here or BleepingComputer and ask for help finding drivers instead of a program that automates this. They only read Device ID's I guess without the Manufacturer of the computer

There isn't usually any harm when it tries to install drivers you don't have, worse case scenario you will still have no driver for that device, but updating them could replace them with bad or incorrect drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2016   #5
Jumonji

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

hmm, You may be right. I thought that the Driverpack solution can fix the incompatible driver that I have because the system is issuing an error about the graphics drivers. The PC just got upgraded you see, the one who upgraded installed the driver and after that It just randomly became crap.
but I have an idea.

I created a restore point before using the Driverpack solution, if only I know how to direct to system recovery settings then I can load the restore point, since the keyboard works when booting. The pc is desktop though, I only know the key when recovering the ASUS laptop that I have, but since the PC is desktop and little do I know the specs. I've been finding the key to recovery settings on the internet.

Still no luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2016   #6
Jumonji

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sylveon Fetish View Post
I am not sure because my friend's was a laptop and it was the touch pad and keyboard not working, experiment with different mice IIRC it took me three or four mice to find a working one. It may have been because it was a mouse I never put into the computer before. I borrowed it from a work PC.
mice IIRC, LOL a toy for cats XD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2016   #7
Sylveon Fetish

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

DO you have a Windows 7 Disc.

Boot from your Windows 7 DVD, after it it done loading files, in the same menu that asked you to Install Now, Click 'Repair Your Computer' Instead. The System restore should be an option. Mouse and Keyboard should work because it is running off a live disc
Running System Restore in Windows 7 from your Windows Disk - gHacks Tech News


Edit: If you don't have a Disc, Microsoft has a Windows 7 ISO available to download that you can use just for system restore. Since you are not installing, it will not ask for another SN or void yours out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Apr 2016   #8
Jumonji

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sylveon Fetish View Post
DO you have a Windows 7 Disc.

Boot from your Windows 7 DVD, after it it done loading files, in the same menu that asked you to Install Now, Click 'Repair Your Computer' Instead. The System restore should be an option. Mouse and Keyboard should work because it is running off a live disc
Running System Restore in Windows 7 from your Windows Disk - gHacks Tech News


Edit: If you don't have a Disc, Microsoft has a Windows 7 ISO available to download that you can use just for system restore. Since you are not installing, it will not ask for another SN or void yours out.
This may actually work, because I just noticed that not only the keyboard is working at startup, the mouse did too. Thanks in advance! I'll try it tomorrow, I need to download the OS ISO and create a bootable flash drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Driverpack Solution Problem Keyboard and Mouse is not Working




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
driverpack solution 13 3.90 (script error)
i m trying to update drivers with driverpack solution 13 but it give me script error (an error has occurred in the script on this page). my os is win7 starter 32x.. plz help me:(
Installation & Setup
Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse
After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This...
General Discussion
DriverPack Solution - safe?
Hey guys, got a question about driver software. From my experience, most driver update software is a scam, and should be avoided. But a friend showed me DriverPack Solution. He said he uses it at work (in an IT department) and it works well. This software scans your PC and tells you what...
Drivers
USB Mouse and Keyboard not working
Hello, I have a USB mouse and keyboard, and I have them in my PS/2 ports because my Windows 7 does not see them in the USB-ports. I bought a wireless Mouse and Keyboard, and they can not be seen by my computer, and they can not be in the ps/2 port. I have no idea why not, but it would be no...
Hardware & Devices
Touchpad not working after installing a usb mouse - one solution
My touchpad stopped working after I had installed a usb mouse (and an IR remote). I searched numerous forums and tried everything out there with no success, including the following: tried the function key to turn touchpad on/off (the most obvious source of the problem) tried reinstalling...
Hardware & Devices
Mouse and keyboard not working?
I rebooted windows to work with Linux for a bit. When I rebooted into windows, I got to the login screen, but the mouse and keyboard simply don't work. The red light under the mouse is dead and the NumLock (or CapsLock) keys do not change the light. This happened before I reinstalled, and I...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App