Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 1080p HDTV only supports 720p?


23 Dec 2009   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
1080p HDTV only supports 720p?

Hi,

I have recently bought a HDTV from Philips 32" and it is announced as 1080p.
Now, when i tried connecting it to my computer, it says that 1366x768 is the native resolution, and not 1920x1080. I have even tried creating a custom resolution as 1080p to see if it works , but no luck.
So, how do i get this TV to work on 1080p?
Or better, how do i check to see if it really is 1080p?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Dec 2009   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Hi,

I have recently bought a HDTV from Philips 32" and it is announced as 1080p.
Now, when i tried connecting it to my computer, it says that 1366x768 is the native resolution, and not 1920x1080. I have even tried creating a custom resolution as 1080p to see if it works , but no luck.
So, how do i get this TV to work on 1080p?
Or better, how do i check to see if it really is 1080p?
Can you give me the model number of the HDTV or better yet link me to the details page from Phillips
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Hi,

I have recently bought a HDTV from Philips 32" and it is announced as 1080p.
Now, when i tried connecting it to my computer, it says that 1366x768 is the native resolution, and not 1920x1080. I have even tried creating a custom resolution as 1080p to see if it works , but no luck.
So, how do i get this TV to work on 1080p?
Or better, how do i check to see if it really is 1080p?
Can you give me the model number of the HDTV or better yet link me to the details page from Phillips
Yes, its the 5000 Series, 32 Inches model.
Philips - Série 5000 TV LCD 32" Full HD 1080p - 32PFL5604/78 - Série 5000 - Televisões - Som e imagem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Dec 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Hi,

I have recently bought a HDTV from Philips 32" and it is announced as 1080p.
Now, when i tried connecting it to my computer, it says that 1366x768 is the native resolution, and not 1920x1080. I have even tried creating a custom resolution as 1080p to see if it works , but no luck.
So, how do i get this TV to work on 1080p?
Or better, how do i check to see if it really is 1080p?
Can you give me the model number of the HDTV or better yet link me to the details page from Phillips
Yes, its the 5000 Series, 32 Inches model.
Philips - Série 5000 TV LCD 32" Full HD 1080p - 32PFL5604/78 - Série 5000 - Televisões - Som e imagem
Ok, my Portuguese is VERY rusty, but from what I found:

Formatos do computador 640 x 480, 60, 72,75, 85 Hz, 800 x 600, 60, 72, 75, 85 Hz, 1024 x 768, 60, 70, 75, 85 Hz, 1280 x 768, 60 Hz, 1280 x 1024, 60 Hz, 1360 x 768, 60 Hz, Via entrada HDMI/DVI,

Sorry to burst your bubble.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #5

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Yeah, every 32" HDTV that I've ever owned never got above a 1360x768 resolution, and thats from a variety of manufacturers (Vizio, Sony and Samsung). I know that there are 32" HDTVs out there that say that they are 1080p, but I would look carefully at the computer resolutions that it is capable of before buying one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Yeah, every 32" HDTV that I've ever owned never got above a 1360x768 resolution, and thats from a variety of manufacturers (Vizio, Sony and Samsung). I know that there are 32" HDTVs out there that say that they are 1080p, but I would look carefully at the computer resolutions that it is capable of before buying one.
to add...that is one of a few reasons why Vizio TVs are so cheap...

Just look up a typical Vizio...most TVs will support a range of resolutions on their VGA/HDMI out...Vizios are normally support a low, med, and max resolution
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

According to the specs listed here, that TV supports 1920x1080
Full specification - Philips 32PFL5604 - LCD and plasma TV - Which? Reviews
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #8

7264x64/7260x86
 
 

How are you connecting the tv?

According to the page it only supports up to that resolution for "computer connections" so you gotta use HDMI instead of vga to get 1080p.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #9

Windows 7
 
 

Here is some helpful information on connecting your TV to your computer: TV and your computer.

Cheers,
Tara
Windows Outreach
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2010   #10

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
How are you connecting the tv?

According to the page it only supports up to that resolution for "computer connections" so you gotta use HDMI instead of vga to get 1080p.
Sorry for the long delay on answering this, but yes i have tried to use the HDMI and i achieved 1080p BUT the image quality was crappy.
So, is this like forcing it to use 1080p?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 1080p HDTV only supports 720p?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: 1080p HDTV only supports 720p?
Thread Forum
Videos On 1080p HDTV Monitor Not Showing Any HD In Them Music, Pictures & Video
720p Problem Music, Pictures & Video
Dual Monitor (Monitor+HDTV) Setup, HDTV Resolution Problem Media Center
Monitor SyncMaster P2370HD 1080p don't work properly in 1080p. Drivers
HDMI at 1280x720 out to 720p HDTV has edges off screen Graphic Cards
720p vs 1080i Music, Pictures & Video
720p Hdmi/VGA and Intel 965 Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33