Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help please get my tv hooked up to my laptop

07 Jan 2010   #1
Fraz

W7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Help please get my tv hooked up to my laptop

I am trying to get my tv hooked up to my laptop, i dowloaded the ATI catalyst controler, instaled it, everything says it work fine on install, but when i try and access the control center, it says my currently active graphics prosseser does not support basic veiw, tells me to switch to advanced, but when i do this, nothing happens........i have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series card, so why wont this work?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Jan 2010   #2
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Go to device manager, make sure everything is ok. No Yellow warning markers.
Type device manager in search.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2010   #3
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
I am trying to get my tv hooked up to my laptop, i dowloaded the ATI catalyst controler, instaled it, everything says it work fine on install, but when i try and access the control center, it says my currently active graphics prosseser does not support basic veiw, tells me to switch to advanced, but when i do this, nothing happens........i have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series card, so why wont this work?
Well your card is pretty old. With what input are you trying to connect with? Have you messed with the computer from the inside since buying it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jan 2010   #4
Qdos

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Well your card is pretty old. With what input are you trying to connect with? Have you messed with the computer from the inside since buying it?
Since it's a laptop I'd say the OP is almost certainly using a USB DVB/Analog tuner dongle, and it's doubtful he will have needed to have rummaged around inside the machine... but that the problem he's posting about is the graphics adapter, and it's pretty certain that's a non-upgradeable component...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2010   #5
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

This doesn't solve your problem and is probably a needless post, but you sure are asking a lot out of your system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #6
Fraz

W7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
I am trying to get my tv hooked up to my laptop, i dowloaded the ATI catalyst controler, instaled it, everything says it work fine on install, but when i try and access the control center, it says my currently active graphics prosseser does not support basic veiw, tells me to switch to advanced, but when i do this, nothing happens........i have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series card, so why wont this work?
Well your card is pretty old. With what input are you trying to connect with? Have you messed with the computer from the inside since buying it?

im using s-video, and no i have not messed with anything internally
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #7
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Alright, so your graphics card has a s-video output? Or using a converter?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2010   #8
Fraz

W7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Alright, so your graphics card has a s-video output? Or using a converter?
it has an s-video out and the tv has an s-video in
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2010   #9
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Alright, so your graphics card has a s-video output? Or using a converter?
it has an s-video out and the tv has an s-video in
On an older PC you may need to use either the catalyst control to designate 2 monitors or use the function key F-8 to switch out monitor signal to the new monitor.

Regards,
Adrian
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2010   #10
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Alright, so your graphics card has a s-video output? Or using a converter?
it has an s-video out and the tv has an s-video in
Maby you dont need the ATI program? Just try to hook it up, and going to rightclick desktop -> screen ress -> detect. Check if this works. Use recommended settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help please get my tv hooked up to my laptop




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop BSOD when hooked to TV
Here's a link to the laptop. Here's the BSOD information: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 3b
BSOD Help and Support
laptop all of a sudden telling me no speakers or headpones hooked up
Please help.
Sound & Audio
How do I calibrate properly an LCD TV hooked up to my PC
Ok, today I finally took some time and tried my new LCD TV with my PC. TWO things: 1- First of all something weird happened: my TV is a NOBLEX 32LC831HT. Accordingly with the retailers and even (i think) the manufacturer this TV's resolution should be 1366x768, but my PC's opinion differs...
Hardware & Devices
access HDD hooked up to ruter via USB
i have the Netgear DGND3300 and hooked up an external HDD via its USB. In my W7 home network I cna access the HDD from my desktop (connected via wire) i can access that HDD and can use it. From my laptop (wireless) I can't "see" that HDD. when i login to the router via laptop I can see it. but...
Network & Sharing
BSOD when slave HDD hooked up
Hi, I was directed here from another forum. I'm having issues booting my computer with or without my WD Caviar Blue 640GB hooked up, but when it is I get a BSOD (even when trying to boot in safe mode). Safe mode works if it isn't hooked up. Attached is the jcgriff2.zip file. I couldn't...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App