Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Professional Won't Detect My Radeon HD 4670

16 Jan 2010   #1
Frostplague

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 
Windows 7 Professional Won't Detect My Radeon HD 4670

Hiya!

I recently bought a new computer that came without an OS, and decided to get Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (english version) to go with it.

Here are my general specs:
AMD Athlon II X2 250, 3,0Ghz
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB
Silver Power SP-400P2C 400W

I bought the computer in an unassembled package from a well-known website.

Here's the situation:
Windows won't detect my graphics card, it only detects the onboard graphics card (which is a Nvidia GeForce 6150se). The Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 won't even show up in Device Manager. When plugging the monitor into the VGA port of the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670, it remains black (no signal).

I've tried the following:
1. Uninstalling all nvidia drivers / the graphics card, then starting the computer with the monitor plugged into the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 VGA port.
2. Setting the BIOS prio boot the PCI-E (not onboard).
3. Installing the latest ATI drivers for my OS, however, I get an error message.

Edit:
*Hardware installation went smoothly. Triple-checked it to make sure all cables were connected properly, though there were no external cable going into the PCI-E graphics card, it's just inserted into the PCI-E slot. Fan spins normally, and the card seems active*

Could you please help me solve my problem?

Thanks in advance
// Frost


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jan 2010   #2
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostplague View Post
Hiya!

I recently bought a new computer that came without an OS, and decided to get Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (english version) to go with it.

Here are my general specs:
AMD Athlon II X2 250, 3,0Ghz
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB
Silver Power SP-400P2C 400W

I bought the computer in an unassembled package from a well-known website.

Here's the situation:
Windows won't detect my graphics card, it only detects the onboard graphics card (which is a Nvidia GeForce 6150se). The Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 won't even show up in Device Manager. When plugging the monitor into the VGA port of the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670, it remains black (no signal).

I've tried the following:
1. Uninstalling all nvidia drivers / the graphics card, then starting the computer with the monitor plugged into the Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 VGA port.
2. Setting the BIOS prio boot the PCI-E (not onboard).
3. Installing the latest ATI drivers for my OS, however, I get an error message.

Edit:
*Hardware installation went smoothly. Triple-checked it to make sure all cables were connected properly, though there were no external cable going into the PCI-E graphics card, it's just inserted into the PCI-E slot. Fan spins normally, and the card seems active*

Could you please help me solve my problem?

Thanks in advance
// Frost
Does the card show in BIOS? How can you use windows without the card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #3
Burncrew

windows 7 premium
 
 

I have the radeon hd4650 and had the same problem all i did was use the drivers disk even tho it was not detected then from the ATI catalyst control center selected the update option and that seemed to work fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jan 2010   #4
Frostplague

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness
Does the card show in BIOS? How can you use windows without the card?
Nope, at least not from what I could tell. I set the bios to use PCI-E as standard graphics, but it won't work. I can use windows by plugging the monitor into the onboard graphics VGA port, using the onboard graphic card (the geforce, I mentioned it).

Quote:
I have the radeon hd4650 and had the same problem all i did was use the drivers disk even tho it was not detected then from the ATI catalyst control center selected the update option and that seemed to work fine.
I got a CD containing the xp drivers, which won't work. I've tried getting drivers from Powercolors website, ATis website, nothing works. I can't even get CCC to install on my system. It only installs Hydravision and stuff.

These were the steps I took installing the drivers:
1. Cleaned out all display drivers (in safe mode). Both onboard Nvidia and PCI-E ATi drivers (using Driver Sweeper). Also manually deleted the folders if I had to.
2. Downloaded correct drivers (windows 7 64, Radeon HD 4670) from Powercolor / ATi websites (tried both).
3. Installed the drivers (extracted into C/Program Files/ATi or C/Program Files/Ati Technologies).
4. Tried running Catalyst Install Manager, keep getting the error message "Setup has detected an incomplete build. Setup will now exit".

Nothing has ever been this troublesome before, and I'm not sure if what I'm doing is correct. I can't even get CCC running.
It's not working, I know that much. x(

//Frost
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #5
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostplague View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness
Does the card show in BIOS? How can you use windows without the card?
Nope, at least not from what I could tell. I set the bios to use PCI-E as standard graphics, but it won't work. I can use windows by plugging the monitor into the onboard graphics VGA port, using the onboard graphic card (the geforce, I mentioned it).

Quote:
I have the radeon hd4650 and had the same problem all i did was use the drivers disk even tho it was not detected then from the ATI catalyst control center selected the update option and that seemed to work fine.
I got a CD containing the xp drivers, which won't work. I've tried getting drivers from Powercolors website, ATis website, nothing works. I can't even get CCC to install on my system. It only installs Hydravision and stuff.

These were the steps I took installing the drivers:
1. Cleaned out all display drivers (in safe mode). Both onboard Nvidia and PCI-E ATi drivers (using Driver Sweeper). Also manually deleted the folders if I had to.
2. Downloaded correct drivers (windows 7 64, Radeon HD 4670) from Powercolor / ATi websites (tried both).
3. Installed the drivers (extracted into C/Program Files/ATi or C/Program Files/Ati Technologies).
4. Tried running Catalyst Install Manager, keep getting the error message "Setup has detected an incomplete build. Setup will now exit".

Nothing has ever been this troublesome before, and I'm not sure if what I'm doing is correct. I can't even get CCC running.
It's not working, I know that much. x(

//Frost
Did you buy the computer or did you build it? If so, is the card connected properly?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #6
Frostplague

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness
Did you buy the computer or did you build it? If so, is the card connected properly?
I bought it disassembled, with all components selected to be compatible with eachother.

From original post:
*Hardware installation went smoothly. Triple-checked it to make sure all cables were connected properly, though there were no external cable going into the PCI-E graphics card (however, there's not always an external power cable from my experience), it's simply inserted into the PCI-E slot. Fan spins normally, and the card seems active*
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #7
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostplague View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness
Did you buy the computer or did you build it? If so, is the card connected properly?
I bought it disassembled, with all components selected to be compatible with eachother.

From original post:
*Hardware installation went smoothly. Triple-checked it to make sure all cables were connected properly, though there were no external cable going into the PCI-E graphics card (however, there's not always an external power cable from my experience), it's simply inserted into the PCI-E slot. Fan spins normally, and the card seems active*
Sorry about that. Do you have another OS we could test it on, i mean test if its a windows related issue or hardware related.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #8
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

check to make sure you are using the correct PCI-E slot also you may want to think about a better power supply 400 watts is kinda wimpy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #9
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

what motherboard are you using
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #10
Frostplague

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote:
check to make sure you are using the correct PCI-E slot also you may want to think about a better power supply 400 watts is kinda wimpy
There's only 1 PCI-E slot. True, but it's the minimum recommended, so it should work.

Quote:
Sorry about that. Do you have another OS we could test it on, i mean test if its a windows related issue or hardware related.
I will test it on XP professional if there's no other options.

Quote:
what motherboard are you using
MSI GF615M-P33
Socket-AM3, m-ATX, GeForce 6150se, DDR3,SATAII, GbLAN, PCI-Ex16
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Professional Won't Detect My Radeon HD 4670




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Driver issue in windows 7 (ATI Radeon Mobility 4670)
Quick summary of my issue: I just bought a new acer (link) and proceeded to install windows 7 (64-bit) straight ahead. I must admit i made a bit of a mistake when i didn't check if the box it got shipped in contained any drivers or such (which it didn't to my surprise!) Currently got experience...
Graphic Cards
Sapphire radeon hd 4670 - Need Help!!!!!!!!!!
I am facing a lot of problem with my Sapphire radeon hd 46701gb ddr3 card. This is my second thread to help me for solving this problem. Aero doesn't run even with the latest driver or the old drivers i have tried all the things like enable force to run aero that doesn't work. And also use services...
Graphic Cards
Gigabyte ATI Radeon 4670 HD
pls..i need help..if somebody who have using same GC above, can u give the original backup bios of your...i update my GC bios n then my display flickering....i need to restore back my GC bios :cry:
Graphic Cards
Radeon 4670 trouble
I recently did some upgrading to switch from windows XP 32-bit to windows 7 32-bit. Included in my upgrades was the installation of HIS Ati Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. I chose this card because my motherboard still has an AGP slot, and the reviews said that it works well with windows 7. ...
Graphic Cards
nvidia geforce 9800 gtx+ vs. ati radeon hd 4670
i have both of these graphics cards and I am wondering which one is better. the nvidia has 512mb while the ati has 1 gb. i have put them both in the computer and I can't really tell the difference. The windows experience index rates the nvidia as a 6.3 and the ati as a 6.7, but the nvidia performed...
Graphic Cards
Radeon 4670 device trouble
I recently did some upgrading to switch from windows XP 32-bit to windows 7 32-bit. Included in my upgrades was the installation of HIS Ati Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. I chose this card because my motherboard still has an AGP slot, and the reviews said that it works well with windows 7. However,...
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App