Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Graphics !!!!!

30 Jan 2010   #1
gs1522

windows 7 pro
 
 
Graphics !!!!!

I have a ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB card and i have a sony 32 in screen that can go up to 1080i but it seems like i can not go up anymore then 1360 x 768 thats a bit low really can anyone help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #2
V3xar

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600
 
 

Hi gs1522.

Your card supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI) so you should have no problems.

Check to see if you have the latest correct drivers at the following link: AMD Support Search

Hope this helps.
.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #3
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Check your Sony display, does it support for Full HD (1920x1080). I doubt 32" TV will support that high...

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #4
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
Check your Sony display, does it support for Full HD (1920x1080). I doubt 32" TV will support that high...

zzz2496
What do you mean? My buddy has a 24" Full HD TV. Anyways, aside from drivers, try HDMI.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #5
gs1522

windows 7 pro
 
 

my tv is new so i know it does support that but if i try any resolutions other then what its on i can go lower it does not like it . it does change but the screen goes very dull and blurry am sure its me doing something wrong . i have dvi to hd is this right. my drivers are up to date .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #6
Barman58

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 x3 + Windows 10 Preview, Ubuntu
 
 

You need to check the native resolution of your TV and set your graphics card output to that - it should be automatic, but best to confirm manually.

Any other resolution will be achieved by interpolation and will therefore result in a loss of quality.

The brand, size and cost of the TV does not really effect what you can expect, as some large expensive devices from the top names can actually provide a lower native resolution than those from lesser known brands that are smaller and cheaper
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #7
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gs1522 View Post
I have a ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB card and i have a sony 32 in screen that can go up to 1080i but it seems like i can not go up anymore then 1360 x 768 thats a bit low really can anyone help.
My 32" Sharp LCD TV has a native resolution of 1366 X 768. It accepts a 1080i input. (Obviously, it doesn't display a 1080i image.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #8
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Tell us the Make/Model number, see if we can make sure that it is 1080p capable...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
Check your Sony display, does it support for Full HD (1920x1080). I doubt 32" TV will support that high...

zzz2496
What do you mean? My buddy has a 24" Full HD TV. Anyways, aside from drivers, try HDMI.
I have many 24" LCD Monitors that are above Full HD Spec (1920x1200) and have one LCD Monitor that is Full HD (1920x1080). I recently bought 2 ~40" LCD TVs, one a Panasonic, another one a Samsung, both are Full HD capable... While I was browsing at my local electronic store, I didn't find any 24" LCD TV that supports Full HD (maybe because my country is a bit behind, I don't know...).

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #9
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

I wish that they didn't come up with that retarded "Full HD" marketing term.

Give us the model of your TV so that we can verify the native res and required input for the full resolution.

Some 1080P TV's that have a VGA input limit the resolution to 1366x768 so you would use either the component or HDMI to get 1920x1080.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #10
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
Tell us the Make/Model number, see if we can make sure that it is 1080p capable...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
Check your Sony display, does it support for Full HD (1920x1080). I doubt 32" TV will support that high...

zzz2496
What do you mean? My buddy has a 24" Full HD TV. Anyways, aside from drivers, try HDMI.
I have many 24" LCD Monitors that are above Full HD Spec (1920x1200) and have one LCD Monitor that is Full HD (1920x1080). I recently bought 2 ~40" LCD TVs, one a Panasonic, another one a Samsung, both are Full HD capable... While I was browsing at my local electronic store, I didn't find any 24" LCD TV that supports Full HD (maybe because my country is a bit behind, I don't know...).

zzz2496
Yeah, its a TV, with HDMI and all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Graphics !!!!!




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
play high graphics games without graphics card
How to: Use 3d Analyzer video at youtube found this and thought i would share this info here
Gaming
Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method
Hi all, Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road, with regular crashes of 0x117 type. After extensive attempts to fix it, the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced. I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in 8 days time. Until then, a band-aid...
Graphic Cards
Updating graphics drivers on switchable graphics
HP DV6 6121tx AMD HD6770M Windows 7 64bit I just reinstalled Windows and I want to update my graphics drivers to the latest ones (13.1). I'm runnning Dynamic mode. So at first I installed the latest HP provided AMD Display drivers from HP's website AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver HP...
Graphic Cards
New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)
I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer (EV) on a regular basis, having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning, without a hitch, I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system. Sure enough there was some new entries. However when I looked into...
Performance & Maintenance
Graphics Card/Onboard Graphics for Media Centre PC
Hello there, I am looking for a dirt cheap, Windows 7 suitable graphics card for use with a PC designed for multimedia purposes (watching films, listening to music etc). I would like to be able to use the full visual effects Windows 7 has to offer. It must have an S-video output and be ...
Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App