Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: ATI HD 5770 is Hell on Earth


07 Feb 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
ATI HD 5770 is Hell on Earth

I bought an ATI HD 5770 card after everyone here said I would love it and how its so great.
I had a cheaper hdmi msi card with didint even pass sound through hdmi so I though what the hell.

Little did I know.

Grey screens with horizontal and vertical lines showing up all of a sudden making me restart my pc just to get things back to normal.

When watching movies I get this crackling popping noise.

And nobody seems to be helping in my old topic (Video Card Question)

So this is why I decided to start this new one, to see if anyone can help me.

Yes I have downloaded all the latest drivers, catalyst center,etc.... and nothing.
Same problem.

Funny thing is I don't even play games on my PC. So i'm not running it hard or anything!

Can't anyone please just help me out??

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Feb 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ulitimate Beta 32 Bit, Windows Vista 32 Bit, Ubuntu 9.10 32 Bit
 
 

hm... try the 9.12 or 9.11 drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2010   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I am sitting here finally ready to buy a 5770 and these drivers are getting a lot of bad reports. Are they going to get this figured out....I don't want to run into these kins of problems with an upgrade. I understand most people are going to be fine, but I hope ATI gets this figured out. There are bad reports everywhere you look....but good reviews too. I don't know what to think. I have been waiting long enough....but dang I don't want problems....wish me luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Feb 2010   #4

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Good luck mate!

I'm on the same boat as you (ordered a Radeon HD 5770 a couple of days ago). I don't know what I'm getting myself into. Got my fingers crossed. Hope everything goes smoothly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2010   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cheeriokilla View Post
Good luck mate!

I'm on the same boat as you (ordered a Radeon HD 5770 a couple of days ago). I don't know what I'm getting myself into. Got my fingers crossed. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Good luck to you too, and I hope someone can help the OP

I have not ordered yet, but I don't know what else to do.....unless wait some more. If I keep waiting I'll never have a card....look at the rest of my system! I need a card to finish it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2010   #6

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nate42nd View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cheeriokilla View Post
Good luck mate!

I'm on the same boat as you (ordered a Radeon HD 5770 a couple of days ago). I don't know what I'm getting myself into. Got my fingers crossed. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Good luck to you too, and I hope someone can help the OP

I have not ordered yet, but I don't know what else to do.....unless wait some more. If I keep waiting I'll never have a card....look at the rest of my system! I need a card to finish it!
Completely understand where you're coming from.

The card I was really aiming for was the Radeon HD 5830. But after all these rumors about the card not being available until March at the earliest, and about it's pricing being closer to the mid $200s instead of Radeon HD 4890-money (as far as I was willing to go money wise), I got really discouraged. And I started thinking about the Radeon HD 5770 more and more.

Plus, the releases of Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 (I've got access to the BETA) didn't help matters at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #7

MSDN Home Premium
 
 

My system came with a 5770 and I have to use the 'taskkill /F /IM Explorer.exe' .bat file workaround to play any game otherwise the colours are wrong, blue is purple, green is yellow, etc

The ATI forum reckons that it was all OK until a Windows 7 update some time ago.

Hope they sort it soon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hostelo View Post
I bought an ATI HD 5770 card after everyone here said I would love it and how its so great.
I had a cheaper hdmi msi card with didint even pass sound through hdmi so I though what the hell.

Little did I know.

Grey screens with horizontal and vertical lines showing up all of a sudden making me restart my pc just to get things back to normal.

When watching movies I get this crackling popping noise.

And nobody seems to be helping in my old topic (Video Card Question)

So this is why I decided to start this new one, to see if anyone can help me.

Yes I have downloaded all the latest drivers, catalyst center,etc.... and nothing.
Same problem.

Funny thing is I don't even play games on my PC. So i'm not running it hard or anything!

Can't anyone please just help me out??

Haven't really had many of the problems other are having with my 5770. The grey screen/vertical lines showing up out of no where is supposed to be fixed with this new hotfix for the 5800 series.

They have said they will release one soon for the others series, 5700's, etc, but who knows when. Might just have to wait it out for the 5700 hotfix, or you could try these, and see if it resolves anything. I'm running them without problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

will that hotfix work for the 5770?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Feb 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ulitimate Beta 32 Bit, Windows Vista 32 Bit, Ubuntu 9.10 32 Bit
 
 

it could but you'd be safer to wait for the one for the 5700's line
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 ATI HD 5770 is Hell on Earth




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: ATI HD 5770 is Hell on Earth
Thread Forum
BSOD again, what the hell is going on???? BSOD Help and Support
resolution has gone to hell... Graphic Cards
5770 vs 5850 Return 1 or both 5770's? ATI gfx Graphic Cards
Vpn hell Network & Sharing
I'm going hell, I know it! Chillout Room
What the Hell is MS Doing? General Discussion
Now what the hell have I've done General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33