Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New Computer, No video PLEASE HELP

18 Mar 2010   #1
Retribution

Windows 7
 
 
New Computer, No video PLEASE HELP

Hey everyone. I just completed building my first computer. I went to boot it up and there was no video display whatsoever. I have no clue what the problem could be. monitor works fine.

Parts list:

Processor: i7-920 quad core
MB: MSI X58M
PS: OCZ 600W
Video Card: Diamond Radeon HD 5770
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922


Any and all ideas and help are much appreciated.


EDIT: Im using the hard drive from my previous computer. would this cause any issues?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Mar 2010   #2
thebigg123

Win 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

ati.amd.com. Search for drivers in safe mode. Make sure card is seated properly in the PCI-e slot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #3
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

What video cable are you connecting with, 15 pin D connector VGA or HDMI video ?

Do you know & hear that your memory is booting ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Mar 2010   #4
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Hey everyone. I just completed building my first computer. I went to boot it up and there was no video display whatsoever. I have no clue what the problem could be. monitor works fine.

Parts list:

Processor: i7-920 quad core
MB: MSI X58M
PS: OCZ 600W
Video Card: Diamond Radeon HD 5770
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922


Any and all ideas and help are much appreciated.


EDIT: Im using the hard drive from my previous computer. would this cause any issues?
do you see the bios boot screen?
do you have every thing connected including the 6-pin PCI Express power connector?
have you reconnected and reseated everything?
if none of these work
then troubleshoot and remove anything except necessary and test all the components as one or more might be bad...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #5
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Make sure that all of the power plugs to the mobo are plugged in and then check the connections from the case to the mobo. Getting some of these backwards can cause wonky behaviors with power buttons and reset buttons and such.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #6
Sanvean

Windows 7 Professional 64
 
 

Hi,
Need more background. Did it work fine when you installed the OS or is this after you connected everything and this was the first run? Was there any system error messages?

What is your power supply? All power cables connected to video card?
Could be a number of things, if you can provide us with more details it would help, thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #7
Retribution

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
Hi,
Need more background. Did it work fine when you installed the OS or is this after you connected everything and this was the first run? Was there any system error messages?

What is your power supply? All power cables connected to video card?
Could be a number of things, if you can provide us with more details it would help, thanks!

I have the OCZ 600W power supply. the recommended for the card is at least 450W.

I'm working with all brand new parts except for my hard drive, which i used in my previous computer.

When i boot up, the monitor doesn't do anything. the monitor works fine on my other computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #8
Retribution

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Hey everyone. I just completed building my first computer. I went to boot it up and there was no video display whatsoever. I have no clue what the problem could be. monitor works fine.

Parts list:

Processor: i7-920 quad core
MB: MSI X58M
PS: OCZ 600W
Video Card: Diamond Radeon HD 5770
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922


Any and all ideas and help are much appreciated.


EDIT: Im using the hard drive from my previous computer. would this cause any issues?
do you see the bios boot screen?
do you have every thing connected including the 6-pin PCI Express power connector?
have you reconnected and reseated everything?
if none of these work
then troubleshoot and remove anything except necessary and test all the components as one or more might be bad...
i dont see anything at all. monitor is completely unresponsive on this comp, monitor works fine on my other comp.

Everything is connected and reconnected 4 times.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #9
Retribution

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
What video cable are you connecting with, 15 pin D connector VGA or HDMI video ?

Do you know & hear that your memory is booting ?

I'm using a VGA cable with a DVI converter on the end that attaches to the video card

how can i tell if the memory is booting?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #10
neo101

WIN7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Hey everyone. I just completed building my first computer. I went to boot it up and there was no video display whatsoever. I have no clue what the problem could be. monitor works fine.

Parts list:

Processor: i7-920 quad core
MB: MSI X58M
PS: OCZ 600W
Video Card: Diamond Radeon HD 5770
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922


Any and all ideas and help are much appreciated.


EDIT: Im using the hard drive from my previous computer. would this cause any issues?
do you see the bios boot screen?
do you have every thing connected including the 6-pin PCI Express power connector?
have you reconnected and reseated everything?
if none of these work
then troubleshoot and remove anything except necessary and test all the components as one or more might be bad...
i dont see anything at all. monitor is completely unresponsive on this comp, monitor works fine on my other comp.

Everything is connected and reconnected 4 times.
I've rarely come across this in decades of building pc's!

The socket where you plug in the graphics lead - check the socket and that there are no splinters of metal anywhere earthing to the graphic lead plug.
Sometimes the casting is left really rough and needs cleaning up!

Does puta boot up with another card to bios screen?

Is the green memory light on, on the motherboard?

Is there a red light on next to your graphic card if your m/board has this function?

Do the fans start on your graphic card?

Test your graphic lead and make sure it works!
Check any default pins are shorted properly on motherboard for initial CPU setting.
Some graphic cards have pal/ntsc pins too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New Computer, No video PLEASE HELP




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer display shuts off/computer shuts down. During video tasks.
Whenever I play a movie or a game, after about 20 mins or so the display stops working. On some occasions the computer will just shut off. I have ran a AIDA64 benchmark test on my machine with all hardware devices and the system performs well. (Test ran for 5 hours +) I also checked my cpu...
Hardware & Devices
Stream video from computer to TV
Here's the situation.I am a recent resident at an assisted living facility. Because I have some experience with PC's I was asked to maintain the facility resident computer, a PC with W7. The computer is in the back of the media room, a 50 inch TV is in the front of the room. Also in the front is a...
Music, Pictures & Video
BSOD when playing flash video divx video or just leaving computer idle
windows 7 32-bit installed 1 week ago original OS windows XP Pro specs website HP Compaq d530 Convertible Minitower Desktop PC- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center i just installed windows 7 a few days ago on this system belivieng it met minimum requirements, I...
BSOD Help and Support
My computer kills video cards!
This is my old Dell XPS 400 I've had since 2006 and I've been just hanging on the last few months. Obviously not a Windows 7 problem, but I'm posting here because I got such nice answers about my wife's "new" computer. It had a GeForce 7900 when I bought it in June 2006. Around January this...
Graphic Cards
my computer freezes when i play video or java video
first timer here so i hope i can get some help when i fist got my asus it work fine but lately while running video it stalls playing sound and every thing seem to be running the sound slowly cant move mouse or click numlock while its frozen for 1 to 5 mins and then start running fine again the...
BSOD Help and Support
New Win7 computer, jerky video, help?
Hey everyone, Recently, my old beloved computer with WinXP Home died on me, so I bought a new inexpensive computer until I can get something better. An eMachines el1333g-0w. Granted I KNOW this isn't a top of the computer by any means, and I'm didn't get it for something high end like gaming....
Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App