|21 Mar 2010||#1|
| || |
Geforce Driver 186.18
I have tested all the drivers from 186.18 up to (196.21, current as of March 21, 2010). If you are using Geforce series, 7000, 8000, 9000 and 200 series video cards and your system boots very slowly, games seems sluggish and your system over-all just doesnt seem to have the snappiness it had before udating to all drivers after 186.18your solution could very well be these steps.
1. Visit Windows Updates and turn them off.
2. Go to your C: Drive and delete the Nvidia Folder.
3. Go to Device Manager, expand Display Adapters and uninstall the Gefore Driver. When prompted, also remove all software.
4. Restart your computer and start tapping the F8 key so you can start in Safe Mode.
5. In my case, I am using Windows 7 and that came with driver 186.18. It installed by default in Safe Mode. If you do not start in Safe Mode, Vista and Windows 7 will try and find a driver at Windows Updates even though you disabled automatic updates-you dont want that to happen. After you successfully install 186.18, go to Windows updates Manually and check for new updates. When any driver newer than 186.18 appears in Optional Downloads, right click your mouse on the update and choose Hide. You can then go back to Windows Update settings and change to (Automatic or Check for Updates but let me choose when to download them).
Download link for 186.18
NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.18 WHQL
6. Once you have installed Driver 186.18, go to your Device Manager/Display Adapter/Geforce*** and make sure the driver version date is 6/10/2009 and the version is as follows: 220.127.116.1118. (I have connected to several gamers and everyday computer users who have experienced glitches with the newest drivers that came out in 2009 and in 2010.
I hope this works for you Geforce users. It was an amazing change on my own system working back in time until I got to 186.18. Fast, smooth and did not hang on boot-up.
Hope it works for you as well as did myself and a few others!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Geforce Driver 186.18|
|HELP driver for geforce 4 mx 440 agp8x||Graphic Cards|
|Nvidia GeForce 280.26 Driver||Drivers|
|What is the Best Driver for Geforce 9500M GS ?||Graphic Cards|
|GeForce/ION Driver Release 260||Drivers|
|Nvidia geforce driver help||Drivers|
|Pb driver geforce go 1650 win 7 x64||Drivers|
|GeForce FX Driver Issue||Drivers|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.