Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Aero runes better in Vista than in 7 build 7100.

04 May 2009   #1

Windows Vista, Windows 7 build 7100, Ubuntu 9.04
 
 
Aero runes better in Vista than in 7 build 7100.

So I have been beta testing Windows 7 build 7000 on my desktop. Now I have my laptop with vista installed and a spare 15GB partition. So I had a spare beta key, so I got Windows 7 build 7100. I love it, expect, it seems like aero runs slower, so I did a the WEI thing on both OSs, and I got a 3.5 rating for aero in Vista, and 1.8 rating for aero in Windows 7. Whats up with that? Is it just driver issues? Will this be fixed by the main release?

EDIT: I have an integrated graphics card, could I just add another one and disable the integrated one?
I have a Dell Vostro 1510 with an Intel 965 graphics accelerator.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 May 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Schmidty28 View Post
So I have been beta testing Windows 7 build 7000 on my desktop. Now I have my laptop with vista installed and a spare 15GB partition. So I had a spare beta key, so I got Windows 7 build 7100. I love it, expect, it seems like aero runs slower, so I did a the WEI thing on both OSs, and I got a 3.5 rating for aero in Vista, and 1.8 rating for aero in Windows 7. Whats up with that? Is it just driver issues? Will this be fixed by the main release?
It's not "broken". WEI has been updated to reflect the several years of progress since Vista shipped. It's a desktop and a DX10.1 video card might be a sound investment. Seems like everything's got a rebate putting them under $30 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...10,14,18,21,20
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2009   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
 
 

Make sure all your drivers are installed and up to date, chipset, graphics, etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 May 2009   #4

Windows Vista, Windows 7 build 7100, Ubuntu 9.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
It's not "broken". WEI has been updated to reflect the several years of progress since Vista shipped. It's a desktop and a DX10.1 video card might be a sound investment. Seems like everything's got a rebate putting them under $30 Newegg.com - DirectX 10.1, PCI Express 2.0 x16, DirectX 10, ATI, PCI Express x16, Desktop Graphics / Video Cards, Video Cards & Video Devices, Compu...
I have an integrated graphics card on my laptop
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Make sure all your drivers are installed and up to date, chipset, graphics, etc
okay, I will recheck it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Schmidty28 View Post
I have an integrated graphics card on my laptop
Convenient to tote, not so much to upgrade. What graphics hardware does it have? 950GMA? I just noticed my gaming graphics WEI score tanked after this latest optional update to my integrated GMA3100. Prolly switch over to the other graphics card and see how it fares...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2009   #6

Windows Vista, Windows 7 build 7100, Ubuntu 9.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Convenient to tote, not so much to upgrade. What graphics hardware does it have? 950GMA? I just noticed my gaming graphics WEI score tanked after this latest optional update to my integrated GMA3100. Prolly switch over to the other graphics card and see how it fares...
Uhh its an intel 965 something, could I add another video card?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Schmidty28 View Post
Uhh its an intel 965 something, could I add another video card?
No, if it's Intel integrated video, I've never seen a variety that allows for upgrading.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2009   #8

Windows Vista, Windows 7 build 7100, Ubuntu 9.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
No, if it's Intel integrated video, I've never seen a variety that allows for upgrading.
Uhhg, okay, thanks anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Aero runes better in Vista than in 7 build 7100.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Aero runes better in Vista than in 7 build 7100.
Thread Forum
Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264? Installation & Setup
WIN 7 Build 7100 Re-installation Installation & Setup
Windows Vista x64 SP2 VS Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100 General Discussion
Build 7100 Aero Error Graphic Cards
My look on Build 7100 General Discussion
Vista Home 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7100 General Discussion
Build 7100 will be the RC! General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33