Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: would it be wise to run 5770 pcie and run a pci gforce


29 Jun 2010   #1
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 
would it be wise to run 5770 pcie and run a pci gforce

This is my question my mother board is a crossfire hybrid but also has capable physx or the prgram for it would i be able to add that card on pci and use the feature on the same board or will it give me conflicts im pretty interested in knowing cause if i can get a pci and use it im sure the gforce would be a little faster anyone can tell me ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2010   #2
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

The ATI hybrid crossfire will only work with a ATI card.

PhysX is now a Nvidia thing and only works with nvidia cards.

you can run either brand you choose, but hybrid x-fire will not be available to you with the Gforce.

You can not run both ATI and Nvidia cards together or youll have a load of issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2010   #3
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I kinda figured that but thought i would ask anyway i also was looking up a couple of pci cards by ati but it really would be no need unless im running multiple monitors right now im thinking for future usage like watching cable on one gaming on another but seems that might stress a perfectly fine working system
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2010   #4
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

You can not run both ATI and Nvidia cards together or youll have a load of issues.
Actually you can use an ATI card as your primary card and an nvidia card dedicated to physx.

It does require a bit of finagling since it's not supported by nvidia, but it is doable with hacked drivers etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #5
Fumz

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #6
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

As smarteyeball and Fumz both said it is more than possible to do, what everyone one missed is this,

Quote:
would i be able to add that card on pci
which if that is the case I wouldn't bother as you would be limited to the 9500 GT, which in addition to being hampered by being in a PCI slot isn't really fast enough to be of much benefit for Physx.

Quote:
i also was looking up a couple of pci cards by ati but it really would be no need unless im running multiple monitors
You would only need an extra card for that sort of thing if you wanted to run more than 5 monitors (up to 3 on the 5770, and 2 on the onboard video). With your current motherboard (or any AMD based board starting with the 690G chipset) and any ATI video card it is just a matter of enabling the onboard and the SurroundView option,

ATI Hybrid Graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in the bios.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #7
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Thank you all for helping out with that mystery i was considering doing dual cards to save alot of load on the 5770 but as stated i wont be running 5 monitors unless i got some heavy duty work going it is good to know you have options but if i do decide i might go with a higher ati card since it is better adaptable to my mainboard i actually would want the new version of the 5870 2 gigs 256bit the current cards only run 128bit which i feel ati has robbed us of most of all nvidia cards are 256 bit some even 328bit so why doesn't ati do the same or is it just to unreliable? of a product to do such a feet i paid 200.00 for my card but if i pay the same for a gtx i would get better results seems like ati needs a managment change this is bull
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #8
kurahk7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Thank you all for helping out with that mystery i was considering doing dual cards to save alot of load on the 5770 but as stated i wont be running 5 monitors unless i got some heavy duty work going it is good to know you have options but if i do decide i might go with a higher ati card since it is better adaptable to my mainboard i actually would want the new version of the 5870 2 gigs 256bit the current cards only run 128bit which i feel ati has robbed us of most of all nvidia cards are 256 bit some even 328bit so why doesn't ati do the same or is it just to unreliable? of a product to do such a feet i paid 200.00 for my card but if i pay the same for a gtx i would get better results seems like ati needs a managment change this is bull
That's because nVidia uses the slower GDDR3 paired with a higher bandwidth to match ATI's GDDR5 paired with a lower bandwidth, so in the end, it comes out pretty much the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 would it be wise to run 5770 pcie and run a pci gforce




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App