Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I cannot get 1680x1050 with ATI 5470 Radeon - DELL Studio 1558

17 Jul 2010   #1
marcelo0

windows 7 x64
 
 
I cannot get 1680x1050 with ATI 5470 Radeon - DELL Studio 1558

Hi folks!
That us my problem that is taking me hours..
I have already dowbloaded the 10.6 v, my monitor is Dell 22' and it is working perfectly in my Inspiron 1525(vista 32) but not here in my windows 7 (x64)
Please help me!!
Regards
Marcelo


My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #2
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

marcelo0, welcome to the forums.

Which Studio 1558? It comes with one of two displays,

1. 1366x768

2. 1920x1080

Notebookcheck: Review Dell Studio 1558 (HD4570) Notebook

if it is the first, then 1680x1050 isn't going to happen as it is far above the native resolution. If it is the second, why? That would be forcing a 16:10 resolution on a 16:9 display. If it is the second and things are too small, have you tried increasing the DPI settings?

DPI Display Size Settings - Change
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #3
marcelo0

windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
marcelo0, welcome to the forums.

Which Studio 1558? It comes with one of two displays,

1. 1366x768

2. 1920x1080

Notebookcheck: Review Dell Studio 1558 (HD4570) Notebook

if it is the first, then 1680x1050 isn't going to happen as it is far above the native resolution. If it is the second, why? That would be forcing a 16:10 resolution on a 16:9 display. If it is the second and things are too small, have you tried increasing the DPI settings?

DPI Display Size Settings - Change
Hi Stormy
Thank you for the quick response.

Is the 1st one , 1366x768 as " Native" but I can change it untill 1600x1200 , *but not one step more , that would be 1680x1050*

Is there something that I can do ? I really need do that, and when I bought the laptop, I saw that this ATI could get 1680x1050 so because of this I bought it...

Thank you again for your help

Regards
Marcelo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #4
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

It has nothing to do with what video card is in it and everything to do with what the display is capable of. What you are trying to do it force a 1366x768 display to run way out of spec by trying to get it to 1680x1050. Running higher than the native resolution is a good way to shorten the life of the display.

Quote:
I saw that this ATI could get 1680x1050 so because of this I bought it.
This is a case of where you needed the model with the 1920x1050 display if you need a resolution that high, not what a video card can support up to.

Quote:
Is the 1st one , 1366x768 as " Native" but I can change it until 1600x1200
Might be a good idea to re-check the "hide modes that this monitor cannot display", and run it at its native resolution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #5
marcelo0

windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
marcelo0, welcome to the forums.

Which Studio 1558? It comes with one of two displays,

1. 1366x768

2. 1920x1080

Notebookcheck: Review Dell Studio 1558 (HD4570) Notebook

if it is the first, then 1680x1050 isn't going to happen as it is far above the native resolution. If it is the second, why? That would be forcing a 16:10 resolution on a 16:9 display. If it is the second and things are too small, have you tried increasing the DPI settings?

DPI Display Size Settings - Change


Hi Stormy,
I saw here into the manual and it says:

Max Resolution :
HD 1366x768
HD+ 1600x900
FHD 1920x1080

so I can choose 1680x1050 right ?
Its unbelievableif not .. I bought this i7 laptop 3days ago, and I am getting this headache ,and my Inspiron core duo accept it...

Please help me with that...

Regards
Marcelo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #6
marcelo0

windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
It has nothing to do with what video card is in it and everything to do with what the display is capable of. What you are trying to do it force a 1366x768 display to run way out of spec by trying to get it to 1680x1050. Running higher than the native resolution is a good way to shorten the life of the display.

Quote:
I saw that this ATI could get 1680x1050 so because of this I bought it.
This is a case of where you needed the model with the 1920x1050 display if you need a resolution that high, not what a video card can support up to.

Quote:
Is the 1st one , 1366x768 as " Native" but I can change it until 1600x1200
Might be a good idea to re-check the "hide modes that this monitor cannot display", and run it at its native resolution.

Hi,
Also, I am not sure if you see it before, but I am trying to see 1680x1050 in my monitor 22' Dell WFP2208 not in the Laptop screen ...
Thanks again for help me!!!
Marcelo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #7
hawkin90

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

If you have the first one with the 1366x768/1600x1200 you probably can't. Don't mean to be a meany here, but this sounds like the native resolution don't support it. You said you have a "22? I have a "23 and mine supports 1680x1050/1920x1080 but not 1600x1200.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #8
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You're right I missed it.

You have it set to clone or extended mode? Also double check that the monitor driver is installed, they aren't always needed but some monitors do need them to run at the proper resolutions. Dell only has a Vista driver for that monitor,

Drivers and Downloads

which should work no problem. You can also check through Windows Update for it (one of the very few drivers I will recommend that way).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #9
marcelo0

windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
You're right I missed it.

You have it set to clone or extended mode? Also double check that the monitor driver is installed, they aren't always needed but some monitors do need them to run at the proper resolutions. Dell only has a Vista driver for that monitor,

Drivers and Downloads

which should work no problem. You can also check through Windows Update for it (one of the very few drivers I will recommend that way).
Thanks friend,
I run in extended mode, In fact I found windows 7 x64 pra esse monitor dell , but it did not work

I am sure that is drivers... my god.. I hope ...

Another point :
Once that I can see here " FHD: 1920x1080" do you think that if I get one connector DVI-> to -> HDMI and put in my HDMI port it can be better?

Thanks again

Marcelo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #10
marcelo0

windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hawkin90 View Post
If you have the first one with the 1366x768/1600x1200 you probably can't. Don't mean to be a meany here, but this sounds like the native resolution don't support it. You said you have a "22? I have a "23 and mine supports 1680x1050/1920x1080 but not 1600x1200.
Hi friend!

But I am running as "extended" .. it should work , isn't it?
Regards
Marcelo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I cannot get 1680x1050 with ATI 5470 Radeon - DELL Studio 1558




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
dell studio 1558 cpu temperature gets high
I have Dell studio 1558 , the CPU temperature gets to 55 without doing many tasks, the fan works and never brings the temperature down,, should i consider changing the fan and heat sink.... any one has a recommendations
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Heavy Lag in Dell Studio 1558 During Gaming
I have a Dell Studio 1558 that runs Windows 7 Premium. I also have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD video card, a Core i5 processor, and 6GB of memory. . I play World of Warcraft and the game runs for about 15 minutes quickly and then slows to a crawl each time. Is there something wrong with the system or...
Gaming
BSOD often, on my dell studio 1558, bccode fe, when i do something
Hi, i'm an italian boy, this is my first thread in sevenforums. My Notebook often restart with a BSoD, i've posting in zip in allegate the occurence do help me. can be the monitor? Because, often the BSoD start when i open or close my notebook's monitor. Help me, please.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on Dell Studio 1558
Hi, I am getting BSOD on my dell Studio 1558, I used to get this very frequently before upgrading graphics driver. After the upgrade the frequency reduced a lot. Yesterday it crashed again with BSOD, I followed instructions in post:...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD on Dell Studio 15 1558
Recently I have been getting the annoying blue screen and crashes on my one month old Dell Studio 15. Attached are the minidumps from windows. I have ran whocrashed and it has not identified the issue, other that it points to a driver. I have not upgraded any drivers since getting the...
BSOD Help and Support
Dell Studio 1558 - BSOD once per day
Hi all, I received my laptop two days ago and for two days i got a weird, glitchy BSOD. I tried updating the graphics card drivers and BIOS yesterday but today, unfortunately, it happened again, the same weird glitch looking blue page and then a restart. Attached are the two minidumps. Hope any...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:12.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App