Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Printer issue.

08 Oct 2010   #1

windows 7
 
 
Printer issue.

I am having a problem with my printer. There appears to a doc is stuck in the printers spooler and I get an error saying something is wrong with it. I uninstalled and reinstalled but I am having the same results. Any idea how I can fix this? The printer is an HP PSC 1410v.

thx

edit: it's coming up saying "the RPC server is unavailable"

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Oct 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
 
 

Hello bruinator. I had have my spooler stuck, and with time, many headaches and never sure why, the problem was fixed. However, surfing trough internet I found a solution. It's a batch file, that basically, executes command line codes relationed with the spooler.
It's easy to create:
1) Copy this code on the notepad or another text editor:

net stop spooler
del %systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.shd
del %systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.spl
net start spooler
2) Then save this document with the name you want and then write .bat just beside it. Example: name.bat
Or download the file here ----> Spoolerfix.bat

When you have the spooler stuck, just run this batch file and it will clean the spooler and will then let you print your documents.

Hope it helps .


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2010   #3

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Combine View Post
Hello bruinator. I had have my spooler stuck, and with time, many headaches and never sure why, the problem was fixed. However, surfing trough internet I found a solution. It's a batch file, that basically, executes command line codes relationed with the spooler.
It's easy to create:
1) Copy this code on the notepad or another text editor:

net stop spooler
del %systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.shd
del %systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.spl
net start spooler
2) Then save this document with the name you want and then write .bat just beside it. Example: name.bat
Or download the file here ----> Attachment 103202

When you have the spooler stuck, just run this batch file and it will clean the spooler and will then let you print your documents.

Hope it helps .

Thx for that but it didn't work. The printer stills says 1 like still trying to print but it just sits there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Oct 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
 
 

It would be helpful if you detail more about your issue, something like what are u trying to do, what messages or windows appears on your desktop, how the printer is working, its performance, etc., but more details will help us to help you. You can post pics about what errors are shown in your desktop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2010   #5

windows 7
 
 
hi

I went into services (local) stopped the spooler from there and restarted it. The printer still says 1 but I can print as I hope all is well with it.

thx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2010   #6

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Combine View Post
It would be helpful if you detail more about your issue, something like what are u trying to do, what messages or windows appears on your desktop, how the printer is working, its performance, etc., but more details will help us to help you. You can post pics about what errors are shown in your desktop.
I was trying to install the printer after I installed the OS. It keeps on printing a test page and then leaves a 1 like there is something in the spooler but there isn't.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

most proberly the quickest an easiest way to fix it would be to completely uninstall/remove the HP drivers .... restart the pc then reload /setup the drivers/printer again from scratch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2010   #8

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post
most proberly the quickest an easiest way to fix it would be to completely uninstall/remove the HP drivers .... restart the pc then reload /setup the drivers/printer again from scratch
wouldn't uninstalling / reinstalling do the same thing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bruinator View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Combine View Post
It would be helpful if you detail more about your issue, something like what are u trying to do, what messages or windows appears on your desktop, how the printer is working, its performance, etc., but more details will help us to help you. You can post pics about what errors are shown in your desktop.
I was trying to install the printer after I installed the OS. It keeps on printing a test page and then leaves a 1 like there is something in the spooler but there isn't.
So this is the first time you istall the printer, rigth?. So it prints a test page, it is ok? is this test page correct?
Then, when you say it leaves a 1, where it leaves a 1? you mean in the window of the spooler it is one document stuck?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

90% of the time HP recommends restarting the PC after un-installing the drivers. This ensures that all registry settings and setup files are completely removed from your PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Printer issue.





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Printer issue.
Thread Forum
RDC Printer issue XP Pro -> Win 7 64 Network & Sharing
Printer issue with Win 7/XP Network & Sharing
printer issue Hardware & Devices
PRINTER SPOOLER ISSUE! Please help me! Hardware & Devices
printer issue Network & Sharing
Yet another printer issue : ) Hardware & Devices
7 Pro Homegroup printer issue Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33