Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help! plugged in, not charging.

28 Oct 2010   #1
Gordan

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
 
 
Help! plugged in, not charging.

First, I have Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop 2 year old. Three days ago there was no electricity about 3 or 4 hours. Аfter a while came to power and the power is off for 5 or 10 min. During that time the laptop was turned on while the electricity is off, it was working on the battery not plug in.. After suddenly there was power and then ran out and then came electricity. It was a problem of electricity in my municipality. For many hours then when he came voltage electricity, i turn the laptop and the battery ac adapter was 22% available and say: plugged in, not charging. What is the reason why my battery will not charge? Now is plugged but now charging. Earlier when cable was plugged in, the battery was charging. What should i do to fix the problem?
Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Oct 2010   #2
roban

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

I suppose it's possible that your charger or the adapter where it attaches to the motherboard got fried when the power came back on due to a surge. Is there a small green light on the power cord and a light on where it plugs into the motherboard?

There should also be a small LED on the front of the computer that gets lit when it's plugged in. Do you have that light?

You might try unplugging the AC and removing the battery. Hold down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then just plug the AC in and leave the battery out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #3
wilywombat

win7
 
 

@roban, Agree with you, have you read this for Microsoft's explanation? Windows 7 Battery Notification Messages - Engineering Windows 7 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2010   #4
Gordan

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roban View Post
I suppose it's possible that your charger or the adapter where it attaches to the motherboard got fried when the power came back on due to a surge. Is there a small green light on the power cord and a light on where it plugs into the motherboard?

There should also be a small LED on the front of the computer that gets lit when it's plugged in. Do you have that light?

You might try unplugging the AC and removing the battery. Hold down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then just plug the AC in and leave the battery out.
Hello roban
Yes there is a small green light on the power cord when is plug on electricity. I don't open the laptop inside to see the motherboard and the battery. Yes it has a light when is plugged in. But when is not plugged in it hasn't that light. It has low brightness and it is a dark. I unplugged the AC adapter and after 5 sec again I plugged into the laptop and again it's not charging. I don't know how to remove a battery when you said, what button power to hold ? I must open inside the motherboard or.. ? I don't understand this. Can you explain what i should do with the battery or the AC adapter ?
Thanks again mate.
P.S. Laptop warranty is over.


Attached Thumbnails
-plugged-not-charging..png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #5
Gordan

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wilywombat View Post
@roban, Agree with you, have you read this for Microsoft's explanation? Windows 7 Battery Notification Messages - Engineering Windows 7 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
Wilywombat, i don't read this, but it is for considering with battery, not for charging. In my case is for charging the battery. I said the previous post. Look this picture what i have problem.
Thanks


Attached Thumbnails
-plugged-not-charging..png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #6
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Have you tried doing this pal (it's a bit confusing, but it has worked for some laptops that I've come across with the same issues)

01. Turn off laptop.
02. Unplug AC power.
03. Remove battery.
04. Replace AC power.
05. Turn on laptop, allow OS to boot.
06. Once logged in to the machine, perform a normal shut down.
07. Unplug AC power.
08. Replace battery.
09. Replace AC power.
10. Turn on laptop, allow OS to boot. The battery should once again be charging as normal.

Hope this helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2010   #7
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Gordon,
Go to the Dell website and download the manual for your laptop.

Read the manual.

This will answer some of your questions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2010   #8
roban

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Gordan the power button is the one you press to start your computer. It's also possible that your model will not charge if the battery already has a full charge.

You don't have to open the computer to remove the battery. On the back of the laptop there is a slide button that releases the laptop's battery. The battery is a unit that is almost as long as your computer and when you slide that button the battery will release and you can remove it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2010   #9
Gordan

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post
Have you tried doing this pal (it's a bit confusing, but it has worked for some laptops that I've come across with the same issues)

01. Turn off laptop.
02. Unplug AC power.
03. Remove battery.
04. Replace AC power.
05. Turn on laptop, allow OS to boot.
06. Once logged in to the machine, perform a normal shut down.
07. Unplug AC power.
08. Replace battery.
09. Replace AC power.
10. Turn on laptop, allow OS to boot. The battery should once again be charging as normal.

Hope this helps
I tried this and again the battery isn't charging. Again say: plugged in, not charging. I probably need to carry to the service because not help any solution. Do you have other solutions to fix this problem?
Thanks again mate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2010   #10
Gordan

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roban View Post
Gordan the power button is the one you press to start your computer. It's also possible that your model will not charge if the battery already has a full charge.

You don't have to open the computer to remove the battery. On the back of the laptop there is a slide button that releases the laptop's battery. The battery is a unit that is almost as long as your computer and when you slide that button the battery will release and you can remove it.
Yes i tried when you said on the previous post and again not fix the battery charging. I removed the battery and the AC, I hold down power button 30 seconds and after that I replace the battery and the AC and again was not charging the battery. Do you have other solution? Or I must go to the nearest computer service to fix this problem.
Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help! plugged in, not charging.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dell laptop not charging..getting message plugged in not charging
Dell laptop not charging..getting message plugged in not charging I brought Dell Inspiron 14R laptop 2 years back . My laptop is not getting on with battery..only when power cable is plugged in its getting on..but getting message saying "plugged in not charging"...replace the battery. Is this an...
Hardware & Devices
Plugged in, not charging...
Battery claims it is at 97% charge... I have not unplugged the AC Adapter at any point in the last couple of months while the system was on, so that battery SHOULD BE reading 100%. I only just started keeping the battery plugged in while using the system on all AC Power for the sake of not...
Hardware & Devices
Plugged in, not charging.
Hey everyone, I have had my Lenovo Z580 for little over a week and I have been greeted with the well known plugged in, not charging message. I have had this issue on previous laptops that I have owned. However, this problem is slightly different. Let me begin by explaining how this problem...
General Discussion
Plugged in not charging
2 days ago my battery stoped charging it says "plugged in not charging" i took the battery out to work with the ac adapter,but my laptop runs very slow now! could someone help me how to fix this error and make my laptop's performance again fast.
Performance & Maintenance
Plugged In, Not Charging
I have a peculiar problem with my laptop, The battery indicator shows, "Plugged in, Not Charging" even though the power supply is there and the percentage remains at a particular level. Please help me in this regard.:sarc:
Hardware & Devices
Plugged in not charging
Hi, I recently got a new HP laptop with Win7 pro installed. When the battery is 95-99% it does not charge. It say PLUGGED in NOT CHARGING. I got replacement laptop and that also have same issue. I tried with new AC adaptor and same issue. I uninstall Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App