Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Phenom X4 underclocked

30 Oct 2010   #1
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 
Phenom X4 underclocked

Hi folks, i have a ASRock N68C-S UCC updated with the lated bios, and for some reason my AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3200 MHz only runs at 800MHz, i have tried to sort it but no luck. It means i have to overclock in order to meet the speed which it should be.

Pls help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Oct 2010   #2
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

why cant you just get rid of the bios version you useing and update it back to the original one sometimes manufactuars dont recommend updating the bios i dont know why but some of them do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rmw020 View Post
Hi folks, i have a ASRock N68C-S UCC updated with the lated bios, and for some reason my AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3200 MHz only runs at 800MHz, i have tried to sort it but no luck. It means i have to overclock in order to meet the speed which it should be.

Pls help.
Under light load (or no load) some cpu's do that have you tried running something like prime95, or loading up the cpu?

Cpu-z and gpu-z both free and useful


Ken J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Oct 2010   #4
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rmw020 View Post
Hi folks, i have a ASRock N68C-S UCC updated with the lated bios, and for some reason my AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3200 MHz only runs at 800MHz, i have tried to sort it but no luck. It means i have to overclock in order to meet the speed which it should be.

Pls help.
Under light load (or no load) some cpu's do that have you tried running something like prime95, or loading up the cpu?

Cpu-z and gpu-z both free and useful


Ken J
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
why cant you just get rid of the bios version you useing and update it back to the original one sometimes manufactuars dont recommend updating the bios i dont know why but some of them do
I did have the original Bios and i updated it.

How do i just load the cpu up??????????????????
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #5
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

i also forgot to mention if you have the acc feature that might of been shut off and some cores might not be unlocked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #6
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

I do not need the UCC function as my full 4 cores have been bought unlocked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #7
FISTA

32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I presume youve found the answer to your problem by now , as i have the same problem it would be nice if you could share your solution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #8
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

I have not found a solution, i am happy with it now as i am used to it. I know it can be annoying, but it has grown on me, as it runs fine overclocked to factory setting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #9
FISTA

32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I may have found the answer to our problems on another forum altough in that case it wasnt the main issue.
If you want to take a look here is the link
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE HT Link problem - Tech Support Forum
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #10
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FISTA View Post
I may have found the answer to our problems on another forum altough in that case it wasnt the main issue.
If you want to take a look here is the link
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE HT Link problem - Tech Support Forum
Is yours running fine now, does it say HT Link as 2000 instead of 1000mhz now???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Phenom X4 underclocked




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
My HD 7870 underclocked itself ?!
So,I was playing League of Legends yesterday,and my FPS was horrible ( 30 - 50 ) ,so I thought that my GPU was overheating.I opened up MSI Afterburner to increase the RPM of the GPU fan,but then I saw that my GPU underclocked itself. CORE CLOCK : 500 MHz MEMORY CLOCK : 600 MHz Should I just...
Graphic Cards
Is my HD 7850 underclocked?
Hi, i've recently been having some problems with my new HD 7850, I get a fuzzy screen when gaming when I have Vsync turned off. When Vsync is turned on, it goes back to normal. I thought buying a VGA to DVI cable would fix the problem but it didn't. Could it possibly be caused by my PSU? I have a...
Graphic Cards
BSOD unless GPU is underclocked
Hey, so I've been suffering from BSOD's whenever my GPU is under load for about the past year. (Not CPU, I can still do/play things that don't rely on the GPU fine, like Kerbal Space Program for example) However, since I've been away from my machine for college, my any improvement's been pretty...
BSOD Help and Support
Is my system underclocked or overclocked?
http://i46.tinypic.com/2nbrsl5.png 800mhz X 4 would be 3.2ghz or am I wrong? My CPU is rated for 2.8 and I haven't overclocked anything yet. I would like to overclock my ddr2 1000 ram to 1033 because my motherboard is only reading it as 800 right now. What would be the best way to go about...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
AMD Phenom II X4 965 HELP!
I just got my new Ripjaws X series RAM in the mail today. After I had installed it cpu-z read the wrong timings and frequency so I quickly set it up properly in the BIOS. That worked fine. Next I attempted to bump up the target DRAM frequency in the BIOS and it wouldn't boot, so it defaulted back,...
Hardware & Devices
AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.80 GHz
Is it possible to over clock this processor?
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App