Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Error with all hard drives?

29 Nov 2010   #1
Sunny

Window 7 RC 32-Bit
 
 
Error with all hard drives?

Hi everyone!

I am having trouble fixing an error in my hard drive. Whenever i click on any folders in any hard drive this error pops up. However if i right-click then open its fine, its just whenever i double click on folder this error pops up. Can anybody help me?

Thank-you,
Sunny




Attached Thumbnails
Error with all hard drives?-error.png   Error with all hard drives?-computer-information.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Nov 2010   #2
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Sounds a little like a virus

Try
1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. On this command prompt window type the following steps.

2. type cd\

3. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf

4. type del autorun.inf

5. now type d: and press enter for d: drive partition. Now repeat steps 3 and 4. Similarly repeat step 5 for all your hard disk partition.

Restart your system and your trouble will should be fixed

/fingers crossed.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2010   #3
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Also after that (whether it works or not) try scanning your system using your anti virus and...

Scan with:
SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
and
Malwarebytes

Regards,
JDobbsy1987
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Nov 2010   #4
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Try this.


Click Start>Run and copy & paste or type in

regsvr32 /i shell32

Click OK.
Note that the spacing is important.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2010   #5
Sunny

Window 7 RC 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JDobbsy1987 View Post
Sounds a little like a virus

Try
1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. On this command prompt window type the following steps.

2. type cd\

3. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf

4. type del autorun.inf

5. now type d: and press enter for d: drive partition. Now repeat steps 3 and 4. Similarly repeat step 5 for all your hard disk partition.

Restart your system and your trouble will should be fixed

/fingers crossed.

do i press enter after each step? and do i space? hmm i think i did something wrong check the image.
thanks


Attached Images
Error with all hard drives?-fixing.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2010   #6
Sunny

Window 7 RC 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Try this.


Click Start>Run and copy & paste or type in

regsvr32 /i shell32

Click OK.
Note that the spacing is important.
Thanks just tried but still the same. When i double-click still have the same error. look at image.
Thanks


Attached Images
Error with all hard drives?-fixing2.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2010   #7
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Do you get that error on double clicking a drive or a folder? Try the reg file attached in this thread.

Drives in Computer give a file not associated error
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2010   #8
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JDobbsy1987 View Post
Sounds a little like a virus

Try
1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. On this command prompt window type the following steps.

2. type cd\

3. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf

4. type del autorun.inf

5. now type d: and press enter for d: drive partition. Now repeat steps 3 and 4. Similarly repeat step 5 for all your hard disk partition.

Restart your system and your trouble will should be fixed

/fingers crossed.

do i press enter after each step? and do i space? hmm i think i did something wrong check the image.
thanks
Sorry, you do have to press enter after each command:

1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. On this command prompt window type the following steps.

2. type cd\ (press enter)

3. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf (press enter)

4. type del autorun.inf (press enter)

5. Now type F: and press enter for F: drive partition.

If it says that it can't find the file each time you do it then there is no need to worry as it will have nothing to do with auto run however, if it does find the file then after doing these steps see if you can double click your drives then.

Regards,
JDobbsy1987
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2010   #9
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

It may also be helpful if you can take a screen shot of the root of your c:\ and f:\ drive but before you do that temporarily show hidden files and folders + show protected operating system files.

Tut - Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

This may help determine if you have a file causing this in the root of your drives, little things like 'zpharaoh.exe' can be a right pain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2010   #10
Sunny

Window 7 RC 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JDobbsy1987 View Post
It may also be helpful if you can take a screen shot of the root of your c:\ and f:\ drive but before you do that temporarily show hidden files and folders + show protected operating system files.

Tut - Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

This may help determine if you have a file causing this in the root of your drives, little things like 'zpharaoh.exe' can be a right pain
Sorry where can i find the root of the my c:\ and f:\. and its not just those two drives when i open my computer and i double-click on any icon from Hard disk drives (2) and Devices with removable storage the error pops up image below. sigh i dont know whats wrong with this.


Attached Thumbnails
Error with all hard drives?-fixing-3.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Error with all hard drives?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
All Flash Drives & External Hard Drives NOT ACCESSIBLE?
I set up a new computer. Windows 7 Pro 64x Everything was fine but then I connected a flash drive to it and I get: Location Not Available H:\ is not accessible. Access is denied If I go into the properties to the “security” tab, it says “you do not have permission to view or edit this...
Hardware & Devices
cannot access internal hard drives, I/O error
Hi, and thanks in advance for anyone who can help. I'm not that savvy regarding the inner workings, so if anyone can help, please dumb it down for me in your explanations. I tried searching for this problem, but can only find solution for external devices. This is my internal hard drives. ...
Hardware & Devices
Flash drives and external hard drives
I have windows 7 pro and recently I have not been able to open up a new folder on any external hard drive or flash drive that I use with my computer. When I use these same flash and external hard drives in another computer it works fine, my initial thought is, there is something disabled in my...
Hardware & Devices
Error on Log in: No additional hard drives available for migration
G'day, I have just done a clean install of Win 7 Pro 64bit on my PC after doing some upgrades...... It was a nightmare to get it even to install for some reason..... For some reason, every time i log on, i get the message "Warning! No additional hard drives available for migration" I have...
General Discussion
Can SSD Kill other drives ? Hard drive failed SMART Error !
Hello I upgrade my pc with SSD everything seem to go fine but 2 of my 2TB drive giving me a Smart error now. i wonder if SSD has anything to do with Drives failing. My theory is that. SSD runs on a flash based chip ... it is very stable but mean time it has huge access point of data that...
Hardware & Devices
NTLDR is Missing error. Dead Hard Drives to blame?
Here is my situation. About 8 months ago I had fixed up my computer, got new a harddrive, upgraded the processor and videocards, yadda yadda. Only problem was, I haddn't been able to use the computer for 8 months. It was sitting at my old house, and unfortunately I never got to confirm if it...
Backup and Restore

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:31.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App